Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
When you're on vacation does 3 cents on the dollar really mean anything?
I would like to think that this thread was for stuff that happens here,not a
my dads better than your dad thing.
--------------------------------------------
That said,this is nasty.Some creep shot 2 of his fellow workers in an armored car heist.
'Do the right thing,' mom of heist suspect pleads | Edmonton | News | Edmonton Sun

Shot all 4 of his co-workers ! 3 dead, 1 critical.
And ofcourse he was allowed to carry a gun, being with an amoured truck company.

Bad, bad, bad. !

1 of those co-workers just got married 3 months ago, the other just had a baby.
It`s really sad news.
I think the 3rd leaves 2 or 3 children behind, too.

And trust me, when I went to work today, I was looking out for that black Ford 150 with plate # CAA 636.
Thought he might still be in the Edmonton area, and could have well gone to the store, or McDonalds across the mall.

Last edited:
P

pickup

Sucks to withdraw US funds now, only get 95 cents per US buck : (April 30th, 2012).

From This BalanceU.S. Dollar Balance
Amount$50.00 USD
Exchange Rate1 U.S. Dollar = 0.956064 Canadian Dollars
Gross Amount$47.80 CAD
Withdrawal Fee-$0.50 CAD
Amount to Bank Account$47.30 CAD

Well, you'll find out for yourself if you ever leave the country to go on vacation, and get less Euros, Pesos, or Canuck bucks for your US dollar.

$1 equals :

MXN/USD = 13.01684
MXN/CAD = 13.18615

EUR/USD = 0.75529
EUR/CAD = 0.76511

When you're on vacation does 3 cents on the dollar really mean anything?
I would like to think that this thread was for stuff that happens here,not a
my dads better than your dad thing.
--------------------------------------------

DS, if you look at the quotes other than yours, you will see that Klein started this nonsense a few months back in this very thread when the Canadian dollar was worth a few more cents than the American one. So if my comment sounded stupid, you now know why. It is because i was copying his sentiments.

NOW APOLOGIZE!

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't have to worry about exchange rates anywhere..............Everything I could possibly need is in this country....and a dollar is a dollar......no worries!

klein

oh well, 98 cents now.
I really donèt care - Ontario is complaining about Alberta rising the Caanuck buck.

It all depends on the price of oil - if oil goes up, so does our dollar, if it sinks, it's reverse.

P

pickup

oh well, 98 cents now.
I really donèt care - Ontario is complaining about Alberta rising the Caanuck buck.

It all depends on the price of oil - if oil goes up, so does our dollar, if it sinks, it's reverse.

You certainly cared enough to post about it a few months ago. And you were in no situation where you were going to have to convert American dollars into Canadian ones. So basically, you were just trying to rub it in.

P

pickup

I'm not apologizing for things Klein says,and he is not hiding behind me.
He and I have different ways of seeing things.

You really didn't have to apologize but I wasn't asking for an apology for Klein. I was asking for one from you as you seemed to accuse me of introducing an element into this thread that was already introduced in the past by the wicked witch of the western north.

Edit: Ds, I forgot that you are more sensitive than I am and I am pretty sensitive so don't take anything about the apology seriously.

P

pickup

But so would TOS, BBsam, and perhaps even wkmac ! He would love to choose from over 8 or maore parties, included the liberty party.

Too late pal. I already got my endorsement and am now working on my dual citizenship.

klein

I think we should just ban them, btw, no 5 cent fee in Alberta.
If you forget your recyble bags for whatever reason, they always sell them for 99 cents or a bit more.
No biggie.
I'm all for a plastic ban.

klein

Too late pal. I already got my endorsement and am now working on my dual citizenship.

Good for you, you'll need it !
Unlike the US with medicare and SS going near bk - you'll get it here, and any walk-in clinic or doctor you wish to go to, as well.
You can even pick your own hospital. All free of charge.

klein

Maybe Lynden, Washington was annexed to Canada and we werent' aware of it.......I hate when that happens !

News update :

He didn't even have a passport on him that is actually required to cross the border.
It was the perfect set-up.

He was also caught with $350.000 that he stoled from the amoured truck.

Btw, I hope you keep him there and give him the death penalty ! ;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
News update :

He didn't even have a passport on him that is actually required to cross the border.
It was the perfect set-up.

He was also caught with $350.000 that he stoled from the amoured truck.

Btw, I hope you keep him there and give him the death penalty ! ;)
If the crime was committed in Canada....don't we have extradition with them?

klein

For him, I really wish we didn't !

2 of his innocent co-workers and victums :
The 3rd was a Canadian military soldier, who did that job on the side for extra income. (no pic, yet released).

images
images