Official Canada Thread with Current News

P

pickup

News update :

He didn't even have a passport on him that is actually required to cross the border.
It was the perfect set-up.

He was also caught with $350.000 that he stoled from the amoured truck.

He committed such a reprehensible act. But in addition to that , he did not think out his escape plan. He tried to get into a country, that by virtue of the exchange rate, his 350,000 dollars became worth 342,055 dollars.

If I were his lawyer, I would go with the insanity plea based on that last fact alone.

klein

Für Meno :)
Speaking of that - I came across 2 US $1 dollar coins yesterday at the store, they sort of pass as loonies, but holy cow, do they ever look like car wash tokens !
We do enjoy your pennies though, to save us money - we'll just import your 2.4 cent manufacturing costs pennies to Canada, since we don't make our own anymore... ;)

klein

Absolutely! We are vigilant in getting those terrible people out of our country as soon as possible. We work twice as hard getting their criminals out.

I'm just happy he got caught that quickly, same as the one in Berlin.
We don't have a 48hr police show here, they get caught within 24 or less ! :)

Trust me, I was looking out for this guy, his truck and the license plate !
Like most of us Canadians did !

moreluck

golden ticket member
......."Trust me, I was looking out for this guy, his truck and the license plate !
Like most of us Canadians did !................."

Yeah, but you probably still didn't lock your doors. :dissapointed:

klein

......."Trust me, I was looking out for this guy, his truck and the license plate !
Like most of us Canadians did !................."

Yeah, but you probably still didn't lock your doors. :dissapointed:

ActuALLY, I keep forgetting, back patio door with screen is kept open while at work all day, and while I sleep at night.
But, I got Peter (the pecker), to keep guard now :)

P

pickup

ActuALLY, I keep forgetting, back patio door with screen is kept open while at work all day, and while I sleep at night.
But, I got Peter (the pecker), to keep guard now :)

Good idea, ain't nobody that gonna want anything to do with your pecker.

klein

Another update about the armoured truck shooting :

The man wasn't actually arrested in the US, but at the US border.
He is currently being held in Langly , BC and will soon get his trip back to Edmonton to face his charges.

klein

money450.jpg

Canadians' net worth at highest level since 2008
Each Canadian is now worth $193,500, a more than $2,000 increase over last quarter.

By The Canadian Press OTTAWA - The country's net worth rose two per cent to $6.7 trillion in the first quarter, the largest quarterly growth rate since the third quarter of 2008, Statistics Canada reported Friday.
That's equivalent to $193,500 per person, up from $190,200 in the previous quarter.

The advance in national net worth was driven by higher asset values, as national wealth increased 1.5 per cent to $6.9 trillion, while net foreign debt was $0.2 trillion, a 13 per cent decrease from the fourth quarter of 2011.
Household net worth was up 1.8 per cent in the first quarter, led by gains in the value of household holdings of equities.
Meanwhile, growth in household credit market debt slowed in the first quarter to 0.9 per cent as people borrowed less.

texan

McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britian celebrates winning the Canadian Formal One Grand Prix
in Montreal.
_60823955_60823821.jpg

klein

Just a warning to Americans visiting and flying into Canada :
Don't hold any conversations about how much you like to shoot or how many guns you own - you might miss your flight !

airport450x177.jpg

Eavesdropping microphones at Canadian airports

Travel hubs across the country will soon be wired with high-definition cameras and microphones. 'Listening to every word'

Just a warning to Americans visiting and flying into Canada :
Don't hold any conversations about how much you like to shoot or how many guns you own - you might miss your flight !

airport450x177.jpg

Eavesdropping microphones at Canadian airports

Travel hubs across the country will soon be wired with high-definition cameras and microphones. 'Listening to every word'

Real land of the free there.

klein

Real land of the free there.

Yup, and I need to wonder why all the extra border and airport security ?
Why did we need all of a sudden passports to travel into the US, or why did we get those full body scan machines, or why did we start needing atleast 2 hrs prior check-in before travelling internationally ?

Oh gee, I remember a certain 9/11 date , and I think after that security just got coincidently tighter, right ?

Even my little bottle of Maggi as well as my little swiss army key-ring knife got confiscated :(

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, you don't think the security should be tighter after 9-11????? It's no coincidence that securitygot tighter...why would you think that?

If Montreal was completely destroyed by bombings from radicals....wouldn't you beef up security too ?? You'd be a fool not to.

So, don't like security measures, don't fly!!