Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

brown bomber

brown bomber
It's OK.......THE OBAMA, stated tonight that BP "is gonna pay " for this incident........at what price????? the local gas station, individually franchised...........the independent station (non-BP),who purchases fuel through BP..........the thousands of investors, not only in the USA, but throughout the world, who depend upon the dividend, to grow or even maintain there living standard.........the thousands who work for this company.........I fully realize that this is a catastrophe...............but if THE OBAMA wants to go fire and brimstone, I think his campaign will have detrimental results............maybe he should have stepped up to the plate a bit sooner, and showed some real leadership

diesel96

Prez. says, "Gulf Coast seafood is safe to eat." And I'm suppose to believe him? What science degree does he hold? I saw film of people sniffing the shrimp and declaring them OK.......huh?

Your nose is always the first line of defense when buying/consuming seafood......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/07/gulf-seafood-trained-expe_n_602585.html

It's OK.......THE OBAMA, stated tonight that BP "is gonna pay " for this incident........at what price????? the local gas station, individually franchised...........the independent station (non-BP),who purchases fuel through BP..........the thousands of investors, not only in the USA, but throughout the world, who depend upon the dividend, to grow or even maintain there living standard.........the thousands who work for this company.........I fully realize that this is a catastrophe...............but if THE OBAMA wants to go fire and brimstone, I think his campaign will have detrimental results............maybe he should have stepped up to the plate a bit sooner, and showed some real leadership

I wasn't thrilled about the speech either, he's sounding more and more like a Republican by doing alot of prayin and being vague about specifics.
So your ok with US tax payers picking up the tab just so that BP shareholders can continue eating their "Jumbo Shrimp"....Sounds like somebody wants another Corperate Bailout to me......I'll stand with the effected residents of the Gulf....besides, BP's bottom feeder employees may not like their new position or Haz mat suits, but theirs plenty of work to go around.....Oh, and wait till the worker's comp claims go flying off the shelves when clean-up workers start getting sick from oil/dispersents

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/15/gulf-coast-oil-spill-work_n_613082.html

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
...Oh, and wait till the worker's comp claims go flying off the shelves when clean-up workers start getting sick from oil/dispersents and all the other unknown garbage coming up with the oil. ( fixed it for you )

Which has already started.....comp claims.

What I really liked is the claim that 90% would be soon captured.
If they keep adjusting the estimate of what they think is the current flow rate, then the question becomes 90% of what ?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Huffington Post ? Are you serious? That's like quoting Kendra Wilkinson!!

huff-po-poster.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
Lucy, why do you even post here ? On page 1 or 2 of this thread, you said it's no big deal. You just went to Alaska, and the spill was nicely cleaned up there.
This spill is no big deal for you, remember ?

Gee, you would have made a good Bush-like president !

You should stick your head in shame, along with Palin.
She thought it was no big deal either.

Both heads in oily sandy beaches... maybe then you'll see it ?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Lucy, why do you even post here ?
Cause i can and i like to stir you and the rest of the Libs up...it makes me laugh. Thanks.:wink2:
On page 1 or 2 of this thread, you said it's no big deal.
Really?
You just went to Alaska, and the spill was nicely cleaned up there.
Still here...maybe i will leave next year.:sad-little:
This spill is no big deal for you, remember ?
Really? Go do your thing Klein.:happy-very:
Gee, you would have made a good Bush-like president !
Gee you make a good Liberal lap dog...now go fetch fido.
You should stick your head in shame, along with Palin.
Palin is holding her head up well...lots of cash rolling in for her...nothing to be ashamed of there.
She thought it was no big deal either.
Really?
Both heads in oily sandy beaches... maybe then you'll see it ?
Sounds like you drank to much Mexican water...oh wait "Likor" while you were gone...welcome back...missed you.:wink2:

klein

Lucy, as you might recall, I started this thread. Basically got laughed out over my concerne, that it will become the largest man made disaster on earth.

Now , where are we ?
Any predictions ? Or better said, any better predictions then you original thought ?
Klein was right ! And it hurts, doesn't it ?

Maybe if the US Government would have thought as fast as I did, a quicker response would have been into place ?
But, I'm no expert in oil spills, but more boats and skimming should have been out there at day 1.
Oil Centrifuges are nothing new. They are used in the oil industry all over the world. Esspecially here, in the oil sands.
International help with ships and centrifuges should have been requested a.s.a.p.

But, damages from day 1 were underestimated by BP, and your government. (Rate of the oil leakage).
BP, did it , to cover that up, too. (didn't work) !

But, BP reminds me of the way UPS works , too.
From the top up, the corperation units get pressured making numbers...putting District , regional, and then center managers, down to the sups, under pressure to make those numbers, no matter what.
The Horizon Rig was just another "Center", that was "forced" to complete a job on time.

And, thats the sad part.
These things can happen with basically any larger company. Next time, it might just be a powerplant that has several units, and 1 big boss, over demanding production output !

(units per man hr) - the new rule in corp !
and ofcourse cost per package/man hr (old trucks and equiptment)

Face it, it's cheaper to pay settlements, fines, etc, until something really big happens.... like with BP.

Last edited:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Lucy, as you might recall, I started this thread.
Yippie...Klein started a thread...yippie!!!!!
Basically got laughed out over my concerne, that it will become the largest man made disaster on earth.
You are laughed at over everything you post...:funny:

Now , where are we ?
Im on Earth...where are you?
Any predictions ? Or better said, any better predictions then you original thought ?
What was my "original thought"?
Klein was right ! And it hurts, doesn't it ?
Dont break your arm patting your back...i guess that would hurt for you.
Maybe if the US Government would have thought as fast as I did, a quicker response would have been into place ?
Holy crap!!! I agree with you Klein!!!
But, I'm no expert in oil spills, (Expert on everything else???) but more boats and skimming should have been out there at day 1.
Obama failure...nothing new there.
Oil Centrifuges are nothing new. They are used in the oil industry all over the world. Esspecially here, in the oil sands.
International help with ships and centrifuges should have been requested a.s.a.p.
Sounds good...maybe you should go chat with Obama.

But, damages from day 1 were underestimated by BP, and your government. (Rate of the oil leakage).
Yup...Obama sucks.
BP, did it , to cover that up, too. (didn't work) !
Shocker!!! A big company covering something up...just like Obama does.
But, BP reminds me of the way UPS works , too.
From the top up, the corperation units get pressured making numbers...putting District , regional, and then center managers, down to the sups, under pressure to make those numbers, no matter what.
The Horizon Rig was just another "Center", that was "forced" to complete a job on time.
I smell resentment for UPS...did they do something to you that you felt was out of line. Please tell everyone.:st_patrick:
And, thats the sad part.
These things can happen with basically any larger company. Next time, it might just be a powerplant that has several units, and 1 big boss, over demanding production output !
Uhhhhhh...OK. LOL

(units per man hr) - the new rule in corp !
and ofcourse cost per package/man hr (old trucks and equiptment)
:sleeping2:
Face it, it's cheaper to pay settlements, fines, etc, until something really big happens.... like with BP.
images

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, an account with $20 Billion in it and being managed by ONE man !!!
WOW, I'm surprised Barney Frank wasn't chosen for this assignment !!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Gee, an account with $20 Billion in it and being managed by ONE man !!!
WOW, I'm surprised Barney Frank wasn't chosen for this assignment !!
Did you hear, It will be ran by the pay czar in a private capacity. Cant make this poop up, but he does and shoves it up .............

klein

Did you hear, BP also has to pay for lost wages on the other rigs, while they are off work ! Damm Obama sucks !
What a bad deal he made, right ?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did you hear, BP also has to pay for lost wages on the other rigs, while they are off work ! Damm Obama sucks !
Yes it is a bad deal, those rigs should not be shut down.. He is taking money and redistributing it! They inspected the wells said they were fine. You do not shut down an entire industry because of an accident. What a colossal BOOB! And you agree with him! Sooooo.......

klein

Yes it is a bad deal, those rigs should not be shut down.. He is taking money and redistributing it! They inspected the wells said they were fine. You do not shut down an entire industry because of an accident. What a colossal BOOB! And you agree with him! Sooooo.......

As a precaution, damm rights I do !
No oil company even has a plan to clean up their own mess....... you forgot that, too ?

bbsam

Staff member
Ya know what Lucy? Klein's got ya this time. And when you fight him on it you just look like a dumb-a**. Go ahead and say it just this once. You were on the wrong side this time.

av8torntn

As a precaution, damm rights I do !
No oil company even has a plan to clean up their own mess....... you forgot that, too ?

You mean this does not exist? I know you will not read it so I'll just tell you it is the BP response plan that was approved by the government. Yes it is flawed. That is a long way from No company even has a plan. Still not even close to the worst environmental disaster ever, not even the largest our country has seen. I know the link has been redacted but from what I can tell they just omitted the name of the rig.

av8torntn

Actually it appears to be a stupid idea to me and my guess is that since BP agreed so easily it must be a beneficial deal to them. I'd much rather see them spend that money on stopping the leak and cleaning up the mess over some welfare program. 5 Billion dollars a year for four years honestly does not sound like much if they never stop the leak. One positive thing appears to be coming out of this as the government is rumored to announce in the next couple of days that they are going to once again allow shallow watter drilling.

diesel96

Listen to all you poor Conservative simpletons, rambling on about about such a raw deal the POTUS negotiated with BP. We wouldn't see $20 Billion down-payment in a case like this ever. All you got to do is look at a case like Exxon, it would be decades before the legal system would render anything close to this amount with no string attached. The only people who would of made any money on this case would be the Corperate defense lawyers who charge $2000/per hr. This is unprescedented, to have a huge Corperation be forced by Leadership and say we don't trust you and we want your money now. To do this in the legal system is almost impossible. You can't go back and find an example of this kind of Leadership yielding this kind of money in any kind of legal setting at all......and most of all, BP has lost control of the claims process, and that's what really matters to the people of the Gulf Coast....And all you guys whined about was Obama was not chest pounding and said the word ASS....Wow, this must really bother the haters, because they're latching on the leg of BP like a dog in heat, pumping away and feeling sorry for them...My condolenses....

av8torntn

Listen to all you poor Conservative simpletons, rambling on about about such a raw deal the POTUS negotiated with BP. We wouldn't see $20 Billion down-payment in a case like this ever. All you got to do is look at a case like Exxon, it would be decades before the legal system would render anything close to this amount with no string attached. The only people who would of made any money on this case would be the Corperate defense lawyers who charge $2000/per hr. This is unprescedented, to have a huge Corperation be forced by Leadership and say we don't trust you and we want your money now. To do this in the legal system is almost impossible. You can't go back and find an example of this kind of Leadership yielding this kind of money in any kind of legal setting at all......and most of all, BP has lost control of the claims process, and that's what really matters to the people of the Gulf Coast....And all you guys whined about was Obama was not chest pounding and said the word ASS....Wow, this must really bother the haters, because they're latching on the leg of BP like a dog in heat, pumping away and feeling sorry for them...My condolenses....

But BP was already paying claims. What now? How efficient will the government be? How much money will the government eat up in red tape? How many attornies will the government have involved in this process?

moreluck

golden ticket member
How much money will Obama ask for from the pay czar to pay for his aunt's new house in America?? Or any other thing he might want to borrow it for.