On this Day

texan

On this day, 16 September 2012 at sundown, Jewish people (13.5 million) will observe Rosh Hashanah
or the Jewish New Year.

The Shofar will be sounded at their temples.
What is a shofar? A Ram's horn.

225px-Liten_askenasisk_sjofar_5380-1.jpg

Western Wall Shofar in the Morning - Amazing - YouTube

texan

On this day, 17 September 1965, CBS-TV debuted an oxymoronic show this night in 1965.

Hogan's Heros, a comedy, took place in a World War II Nazi POW camp.

For six years the prisoners, under the lead of Colonel Robert Hogan (played by former KNX radio air
personality Bob Crane), managed to outwit the incompetent and inept Nazi Colonel Wilhelm Klink
(played very competently by Werner Klemperer [2-time Emmy-Award winner for his role]) and
Nazi Sgt. Shultz (played quite deftly by John Banner).
0917.gif

texan

On this day, 17 Sep 1787, The Constitution of the United States of America was signed by
delegates from twelve states at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, PA.

The U.S. Constitution is the world’s oldest working Constitution.

texan

On this day, 18 September 1970, Rock radio mourned the loss of rock music legend, Jimi Hendrix.

He died at age 27 of an overdose of sleeping pills.

His Purple Haze and Foxy Lady became anthems for a generation at war in Vietnam.
jimi-hendrix-02.jpg

texan

On this day, 19 September 1994, U.S. forces land in Haiti

This was for Operation Uphold Democracy, President Bill Clinton dispatched a negotiating team led
by former President Jimmy Carter to persuade the authorities to step aside and allow for the return
of constitutional rule.

texan

On this day, 21 September 1970, ABC-TV debuted Monday Night Football, with Howard Cosell, ‘Dandy’
Don Meredith and Keith Jackson. (Frank Gifford replaced Jackson the following year.)

texan

On this day, 22 Sptember 1964, Robert Vaughn starred as Napoleon Solo when The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
debuted on NBC-TV this night.
Solo’s trusty side-kick in this James Bond spoof was Illya Kuryakin, played by David McCallum.
The show was a hit for 3½ seasons.

moreluck

golden ticket member
On this day st. padre pio passed away at the age of 81......rest i peace my beloved saint.....
A guy wrote a book on Padre Pio and he spoke for a church group. My mom and I attended. Wow! I bought the book at that time.
The man who spoke knew him . It was incredible!