Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

DriverNerd

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-083357.png
    Screenshot_20220721-083357.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 35

rod

Retired 23 years
@rod when it hits -30 in Mn. is the ice thick by then or thin?
Some waters never freeze or stay real thin. We have tourists to find those places. Every year people try driving on ice in channels and riverbeds. I live on the Mississippi. It has enough currant running by my house that I would never venture out on it in the winter --- even though it does freeze over. Snow also affects lake ice. Lots of snow equals very little ice in places.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Some waters never freeze or stay real thin. We have tourists to find those places. Every year people try driving on ice in channels and riverbeds. I live on the Mississippi. It has enough currant running by my house that I would never venture out on it in the winter --- even though it does freeze over. Snow also affects lake ice. Lots of snow equals very little ice in places.
Interesting.

tourists24

It is laughable.

So you will you take back the imbecilic notion that charging networks are inadequate?
Will you acknowledge the charging networks for long trips are just fine?
I won't take that back where I'm getting ready to move to lol. Mountain terrain; house is good walk from the parked vehicle area. There are only two charging stations even remotely close to the house. One is not too bad, maybe 10 miles away. The other is a good 45 minute drive. Again I'm not going to completely rule out an EV ever, but I'm not ready to take any leap until it is comfortable for my life

wilberforce15

I won't take that back where I'm getting ready to move to lol. Mountain terrain; house is good walk from the parked vehicle area. There are only two charging stations even remotely close to the house. One is not too bad, maybe 10 miles away. The other is a good 45 minute drive. Again I'm not going to completely rule out an EV ever, but I'm not ready to take any leap until it is comfortable for my life
So, there isn't one close to your house, so the charging network for long trips is inadequate?

lol. That's not even close to the same topic.

rod

Retired 23 years
It is laughable.

So you will you take back the imbecilic notion that charging networks are inadequate?
Will you acknowledge the charging networks for long trips are just fine?
No. I can only think of one charging station within 40 - 50 miles of me. You aren't taking any quick long trips around here with an EV. Hell- about 2/3 of the North Shore of Lake Superior don't even have cell phone service yet--let alone charging stations. Everyone don't travel along interstates. Some of us like the back roads.

wilberforce15

No. I can only think of one charging station within 40 - 50 miles of me. You aren't taking any quick long trips around here with an EV. Hell- about 2/3 of the North Shore of Lake Superior don't even have cell phone service yet--let alone charging stations. Everyone don't travel along interstates. Some of us like the back roads.
Why would being 50 miles from a charging station be a problem?

Name a long trip you can't do.

rod

Retired 23 years
Why would being 50 miles from a charging station be a problem?

Name a long trip you can't do.
Any trip towing a camper in northern Mn. ND. SD and probably Mt just to name a few. It might be possible if you had all the time in the world to plug into household current. You act like there are charging stations on every corner. Venture out into the sticks sometime and get an idea what the real world is like.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Any trip towing a camper in northern Mn. ND. SD and probably Mt just to name a few. It might be possible if you had all the time in the world to plug into household current. You act like there are charging stations on every corner. Venture out into the sticks sometime and get an idea what the real world is like.
I heard today that there are 6000 charging stations nationally.