Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
If Cyber truck has die cast aluminum frame components it's garbage from jump like every other tesla that uses them, only worse.

Chargers around the country are predominantly lvl 2s, just like in your home and can take 8-12 hours to charge. Lvl 3 Tesla superchargers are sporadic, require direct connections to the grid, and they can charge at lower than advertised rates.
Tesla =pay a premium for a car full of cheap parts just to fit in with the rest of the sheep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-094931_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-094931_Google.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220724-095235_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-095235_Chrome.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 41

rod

Retired 23 years
There's an article on Motor Trend:

Ford friend-150 Lightning Real-World Range and Fast-Charging Test: How Far and How Fast?​

I can't get the link to work right, but it's a good article just showing the numbers. Not trying to persuade you one way or the other.
Now you done it--you went and woke up the worlds #1 Tesla fan @wilberforce15. He should be on here any second calling you names and spewing the virtues of Tesla.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Sec Pete went out and bought a Ford C-Max plug in hybrid that still uses regular gas. So let's stop acting like he bought a $80,000 full EV.

He says he paid $14,000. They're listing about $16,000 now.
Avery Siwinskis family bought her a used 60,000 mile electric Ford Focus for $11,000 to drive to school. 6 months later the battery died and the unavailable replacement costs $14,000

rod

Retired 23 years
Years ago a neighbor bought one of these UGLY things. Found out a replacement battery was over $10,000. I think he still has it sitting in the woods

newolddude

I guess Market watch and Car and Driver made it up too. Just because a battery can technically work after 200,000 means nothing if it has degraded to the point of needing recharged every 50 miles. All the evidence I need of Lithium degradation can be found in my cordless power tools.
That wasn’t the point.

newolddude

That'll happen eventually. All new cars will be EV's. Might take 25-30 years to get all or most of the ICE vehicles off the road but it's coming.
Wrong. ICE vehicles will still exist in certain vehicle types long after we’ve all joined the dirt. But stop panicking like it’s happening right now and libs are taking your precious gas vehicles.

For being so tough, conservatives sure are scared of a lot of things.

wilberforce15

my condo, sometimes.
In order to install a charging unit near my parking spots I will have to go thru a lot of hoops.
I'm in a conservation area that is prone to coastal flooding.
I'll need to do several environmental impact studies , for the state and for the town.
Get permission from both the state and the town's Conservation Com, the Planning Board, permits from the state and the town and spend more money than I could possible save by using an EV.
A charging unit is an orange cord that costs 10 bucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, it would closer to 48-50 hours to fully recharge a depleted EV using a standard wall out, which is Level 1. Level 2 are the next step and use a 30amp or higher plug, like those for a stove or dryer, and would take 8-10 hours. Level 3 chargers are found at some rest areas on major highways and will restore 80% of a charge within 20-30 minutes, provided some non-EV idiot hasn't parked in front of the charging unit "by mistake". I have a Level 2 in my garage and there is one in front of the leasing office where I live. Both are on the ChargePoint network and I get a text when it is done.