Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

tourists24

So, there isn't one close to your house, so the charging network for long trips is inadequate?

lol. That's not even close to the same topic.
No not for long trips; simply day to day life. I see that was a little different scenario, but did peak my interest to where the charging stations were near my new place

newolddude

Stopping every 100 miles to recharge?---now that is laughable.
Yes it is. One video shows them hooking up a trailer and the computer almost halves the distance.

But as I said this towing was a test run by a Rivian employee. If you need to tow go buy a gas/diesel truck. Nobody has taken those away yet.

wilberforce15

Any trip towing a camper in northern Mn. ND. SD and probably Mt just to name a few. It might be possible if you had all the time in the world to plug into household current. You act like there are charging stations on every corner. Venture out into the sticks sometime and get an idea what the real world is like.

Dude. You're talking about hauling a camper? Or towing? There are lots of trips that can't be done. You guys really are ridiculous. It's like you seek out every possible way to misunderstand something before responding.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I just checked Tesla's findme for the closest charging stations.
One is north and one is south of my location with both requiring at least a 30 minute drive, maybe longer with traffic.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That's normal.

Are you suggesting it's a problem?
For me, yes.
I live along the coast.
The nearest plug-in is 3 cities away ( in either direction ).
Most of the roads are barely two vehicles wide and some are prone to flooding.
Which increases my drive time, as I have to take detours to get around the flooded roads.
( stainless steel still rusts )

oldngray

nowhere special
For me, yes.
I live along the coast.
Which increases my drive time, as I have to take detours to get around the flooded roads.
It gets a lot worse in flyover country

tourists24

For me, yes.
I live along the coast.
Exactly. Why should I drive 20-45 minutes to charge my vehicle when I have a gas station almost in walking distance. Or 2 more miles to the next one

oldngray

nowhere special
44504.jpg

wilberforce15

For me, yes.
I live along the coast.
Does your home have electricity?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Does your home have electricity?
my condo, sometimes.
In order to install a charging unit near my parking spots I will have to go thru a lot of hoops.
I'm in a conservation area that is prone to coastal flooding.
I'll need to do several environmental impact studies , for the state and for the town.
Get permission from both the state and the town's Conservation Com, the Planning Board, permits from the state and the town and spend more money than I could possible save by using an EV.

DriverNerd

There's an article on Motor Trend:

Ford friend-150 Lightning Real-World Range and Fast-Charging Test: How Far and How Fast?​

I can't get the link to work right, but it's a good article just showing the numbers. Not trying to persuade you one way or the other.

Last edited: