Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Actually, it would closer to 48-50 hours to fully recharge a depleted EV using a standard wall out, which is Level 1. Level 2 are the next step and use a 30amp or higher plug, like those for a stove or dryer, and would take 8-10 hours. Level 3 chargers are found at some rest areas on major highways and will restore 80% of a charge within 20-30 minutes, provided some non-EV idiot hasn't parked in front of the charging unit "by mistake". I have a Level 2 in my garage and there is one in front of the leasing office where I live. Both are on the ChargePoint network and I get a text when it is done.
Level 1 and Level 2 are both very easy to get, and will be more than most consumers ever need beyond an actual road trip.
Charge time is a silly thing to be concerned about when most EV's will need 1 full charge per week.

Even the dumb non-Tesla vehicles can go over 200 miles on a charge. The average consumer does less than 200 miles per week.
That means the average consumer will need about a charge per week. This isn't hard.

wilberforce15

Do you drive so much each day that you fill up your gas tank each and every morning?
All the excuses are so made up. It's weird how people are just refusing to understand it.

The average consumer will never need public charging outside of a road trip, and the average consumer can start each day with a topped-off tank from an orange cord overnight.

newolddude

Actually, it would closer to 48-50 hours to fully recharge a depleted EV using a standard wall out, which is Level 1. Level 2 are the next step and use a 30amp or higher plug, like those for a stove or dryer, and would take 8-10 hours. Level 3 chargers are found at some rest areas on major highways and will restore 80% of a charge within 20-30 minutes, provided some non-EV idiot hasn't parked in front of the charging unit "by mistake". I have a Level 2 in my garage and there is one in front of the leasing office where I live. Both are on the ChargePoint network and I get a text when it is done.
When did Sec Pete come to your house, threaten your wife/children and take your ICE vehicle away at gunpoint?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Do you drive so much each day that you fill up your gas tank each and every morning?
I drive 100 miles a day during the week, but my main issue is battery reliability, battery performance in adverse conditions, battery replacement cost, weak or non existent charge infrastructure for road trips ( I take alot) and just the fact that electrics are boring compared to gas. I guess I am old and set in my ways

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Right now Illinois is 36% coal and gas, 64% nuclear, solar and wind.
Now do the entire US.
c2147fae8d055c7271a33771da989005.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Level 1 and Level 2 are both very easy to get, and will be more than most consumers ever need beyond an actual road trip.
Charge time is a silly thing to be concerned about when most EV's will need 1 full charge per week.

Even the dumb non-Tesla vehicles can go over 200 miles on a charge. The average consumer does less than 200 miles per week.
That means the average consumer will need about a charge per week. This isn't hard.
My Hyundai Kona EV averages 300 miles of available range on a full charge-----340 +/- during the summer and 260 +/- during the winter. I get nervous and will charge when my range gets close to 100 miles. I average about 1,000 miles per month.

wilberforce15

I drive 100 miles a day during the week, but my main issue is battery reliability, battery performance in adverse conditions, battery replacement cost, weak or non existent charge infrastructure for road trips ( I take alot) and just the fact that electrics are boring compared to gas. I guess I am old and set in my ways
That's about 5 hours a day of charging on a dryer outlet for most folks.
As for reliability, there is no battery replacement cost, the reliability is superior, and electrics offer the highest speed/performance advantage for the average dollar. I don't care to sell it or not sell it. I don't care if you buy it or don't buy it. But most things people are posting here are just false.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Boring? My EV has the same giddyup as the average gas vehicle. If you are driving about 100 miles a day an EV may not be the best choice for you.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
That's about 5 hours a day of charging on a dryer outlet for most folks.
As for reliability, there is no battery replacement cost, the reliability is superior, and electrics offer the highest speed/performance advantage for the average dollar. I don't care to sell it or not sell it. I don't care if you buy it or don't buy it. But most things people are posting here are just false.
All money = gas gaps electric in races.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I keep hearing you guys talk about miles a battery lasts, but you are missing the rest of the battery life equation. Calender life and SOC are both critical to battery life, as is stress from fast charging. If you own or want an electric I would read this article.

vantexan

Wrong. ICE vehicles will still exist in certain vehicle types long after we’ve all joined the dirt. But stop panicking like it’s happening right now and libs are taking your precious gas vehicles.

For being so tough, conservatives sure are scared of a lot of things.
Who's scared? That's just the usual liberal twisted spin. My concern is you guys will drive the country into the ditch trying to force all of this too fast. Your guy has already jacked up gas prices to the point of hurting people, and that's by design. Make people want EV's and get away from gas.

newolddude

Who's scared? That's just the usual liberal twisted spin. My concern is you guys will drive the country into the ditch trying to force all of this too fast. Your guy has already jacked up gas prices to the point of hurting people, and that's by design. Make people want EV's and get away from gas.
Because yes, Joe Biden has a dial on his desk that changes gas prices across the nation. He’s just that damn powerful.

vantexan

Because yes, Joe Biden has a dial on his desk that changes gas prices across the nation. He’s just that damn powerful.
Lie for the administration all you want. Biden put a moratorium on new drilling on Federal land and offshore shortly after taking office. Prices climbed from there.