Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

About that notion where everyone will be using EV powered public transports.

Yeah, and ICE vehicles never blow up.

wilberforce15

About that notion where everyone will be using EV powered public transports.

Yes, battery fires are much more rare and much worse.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yeah, and ICE vehicles never blow up.

The Hamden Fire Department responded to a lithium-ion battery fire that turned an unoccupied CT Transit electric bus into an inferno in a parking lot on Saturday, according to a report by WTNH.

“Officials said the fire was difficult to extinguish due to the thermal chemical process that produces great heat and continually reignites,” the outlet reported.

wilberforce15

The Hamden Fire Department responded to a lithium-ion battery fire that turned an unoccupied CT Transit electric bus into an inferno in a parking lot on Saturday, according to a report by WTNH.

“Officials said the fire was difficult to extinguish due to the thermal chemical process that produces great heat and continually reignites,” the outlet reported.
Yes. They're worse.

And much less common.

newfie

Biden and the ecocommunists.

It doesn't matter how an EV is powered, because it's more efficient and using the energy. A coal powered EV is less harmful than a gas car. Even if it uses dirty energy, it uses less. I don't care about the environment but those are facts.

Who is getting paid and who is on the take to create a false narrative that gas engines are as good as EVs?
the only ones I've seen are individual owners of gas vehicles I dont think theyre being paid by anyone.

you do know that China is the biggest manufacturor of solar panels.? chips. batteries?
if we go full EV what assurance do we have that that an EMP strike would not disable everything including our electric vehicles.

is china the leader in this technology green or still relying on fossil fuels? why?

wilberforce15

the only ones I've seen are individual owners of gas vehicles I dont think theyre being paid by anyone.

you do know that China is the biggest manufacturor of solar panels.? chips. batteries?
if we go full EV what assurance do we have that that an EMP strike would not disable everything including our electric vehicles.

is china the leader in this technology green or still relying on fossil fuels? why?

I see. So the enviro commies have big money and influence and buy politicians. But gas, oil, and car companies just have plucky, honest individuals.

Lol.

newfie

I see. So the enviro commies have big money and influence and buy politicians. But gas, oil, and car companies just have plucky, honest individuals.

Lol.
big enviro chinese commies who challenge our existence on every angle. Big enviro commies who bought out the biden family yes.
the gas, oil and car companies are out to make a profit but they don't own the bidens and what they do will actually help our country.

at some point somehow someway you libs have to stop appeasing the chinese at the cost of this country.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
big enviro chinese commies who challenge our existence on every angle. Big enviro commies who bought out the biden family yes.
the gas, oil and car companies are out to make a profit but they don't own the bidens and what they do will actually help our country.

at some point somehow someway you libs have to stop appeasing the chinese at the cost of this country.
Start taking mandarin lessons

wilberforce15

They don't own the bidens. But they do own the other side.

I'm about 10 miles to your right, politically.

wilberforce15

you know it hurts our environment?
Don't care.

But disposal also isn't going to happen much. Because retired car batteries that have outlasted their car bodies will be used for grid storage. You and your kid will use the car. The grandkids will use the car battery as their house backup power.

rod

Retired 23 years
Don't care.

But disposal also isn't going to happen much. Because retired car batteries that have outlasted their car bodies will be used for grid storage. You and your kid will use the car. The grandkids will use the car battery as their house backup power.
You been binge watching the Jetsons again?