Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

If absolutely nothing else you should at least say that these vehicles are way too new to make the blanket statements that you have made. That is what a grown up would do.
Electric motors and batteries are older than the combustion engine. This isn't new technology. We know the lifespan and characteristics of these motors and batteries perfectly well.

wilberforce15

View attachment 394573

Do you mean me? If so THEN SAY SO! Don't play this sideways aggression with grownups.

Seriously! You JUST sunk your own battleship bro!
because we're rednecks that have old trucks
You've got to be kidding! You just quantified a specific car fire due to being old redneck transportation. Unbelievable how easy it is to prove that you are wrong in the direction you are spinning. You remind me of Adam Schiff.
How does that prove me wrong? I really don't know.

The world is full of old combustion cars with electrical shorts and leaky gas lines. That's why they catch fire more often than EV's.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.

The world is full of old combustion cars with electrical shorts and leaky gas lines. That's why they catch fire more often than EV's.

You're making blanket statements, based on the liberal belief system that's closed your mind, about EVs and, im sorry, I don't go with blanket statements that cannot be quantified.
There is simply nothing you've shown that gives me the notion that I'm looking at anything close to facts.

wilberforce15

You're making blanket statements, based on the liberal belief system that's closed your mind, about EVs and, im sorry, I don't go with blanket statements that cannot be quantified.
There is simply nothing you've shown that gives me the notion that I'm looking at anything close to facts.
So, why don't you list something I've said that's not a fact?

On the political spectrum, I'm about 10 miles to your right. I simply recognize a superior machine. Electrical motors are simply superior in performance, maintenance, and reliability.

It has a single moving part with no transmission, and more torque and HP for any given price. That is superior at most tasks, by definition. It requires no oil changes, has no radiator, no catalytic converter, no fuel pump or fuel lines, no starter, etc. Everything that can fail and cost you money are parts that it doesn't even have.

That is superior.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

Dude a hybrid is an ev. Combine the hybrids and evs and there are a lot more fires in ev/hybrids.
Car-Vehicle-Fires-Chart.jpg

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
No it isn't.
How Is an EV With a Range Extender Different Than a Hybrid? Technically, an electric vehicle with a gasoline range extender is a type of hybrid. However, it's as close as you can get to a full-electric car without ditching gas

Non liberal

I'll take silence as acknowledgement that another poster has discovered I'm right.
Lol, I know you’re not talking about me?

lol, roadway incident reports don’t prove that combustion vehicles catch fire more often then evs. It simply tells you there are more vehicle fires in combustion vehicles while on the road. Because accidents cause fires, and there are like a million times more combustion vehicles on the road. We need grown up statistics sir, not little baby liberal statistics that don’t apply.

vantexan

How Is an EV With a Range Extender Different Than a Hybrid? Technically, an electric vehicle with a gasoline range extender is a type of hybrid. However, it's as close as you can get to a full-electric car without ditching gas
A hybrid uses both the electric motor and the gas engine. It isn't some tiny gas engine like a generator. The car starts in electric mode but once you get to about 30 mph the gas engine takes over fulltime. You can run on electric for some time if you keep the speed low but the gas engine will kick in to top off the battery. An EV going down the interstate at 75 mph is running on an electric motor. A hybrid travelling at 75 mph is running strictly on its gas engine. It's why it's called a hybrid. Two motors working together or apart depending on utilization.

One aspect of a hybrid that to me makes it superior to an EV is climate control. Say it's 95° outside and you're sitting in a parking lot. A gas engine car would have to idle to run the AC. Burns up fuel and is hard on the engine. An EV running its AC would drain its battery which may be an issue depending on how much battery is left. But a hybrid can have the car on ready mode and run its AC off its big hybrid battery. When it gets low enough the gas engine will start and run just long enough to top the battery off. You could sit there for 8 hrs in comfort and not burn more than a half gallon of gas and not be hard on the engine. That's a big deal in hot southern states.

wilberforce15

Lol, I know you’re not talking about me?

lol, roadway incident reports don’t prove that combustion vehicles catch fire more often then evs. It simply tells you there are more vehicle fires in combustion vehicles while on the road. Because accidents cause fires, and there are like a million times more combustion vehicles on the road. We need grown up statistics sir, not little baby liberal statistics that don’t apply.
The statistics accounted for the relative prevalence of each type on the road, you illiterate maroon. The stats are listed as fires per 100k vehicles of each type.

You cannot or will not read, so why should I teach you?

You are the liberal here.

Non liberal

The statistics accounted for the relative prevalence of each type on the road, you illiterate maroon. The stats are listed as fires per 100k vehicles of each type.

You cannot or will not read, so why should I teach you?

You are the liberal here.
I’m illiterate, yet you’re the one that can’t spell, Gotcha. Does that info account for fires while not on road?

wilberforce15

I’m illiterate, yet you’re the one that can’t spell, Gotcha. Does that info account for fires while not on road?
Holy cow, the desperation. Yes, I posted two separate links. One for interstates, and one for fires overall. If you passed second grade math, you can generate the non-interstate number.

They're so far apart I'm not sure why you'd bother. Ev's are an order of magnitude safer from fire.

Non liberal

Holy cow, the desperation. Yes, I posted two separate links. One for interstates, and one for fires overall. If you passed second grade math, you can generate the non-interstate number.

They're so far apart I'm not sure why you'd bother. Ev's are an order of magnitude safer from fire.
Ok Elon.

Non liberal

That's not a rebuttal.

Not that any of you have actually offered one before.
The professor who did the study said “he thinks there are less fires in evs” but says that it’s a problem that the data is patchy, and insufficient. I am reading your article and it’s the same liberal college professor bull:censored2:. Making assumptions to advance your agenda. Nothing new under the sun.

wilberforce15

The professor who did the study said “he thinks there are less fires in evs” but says that it’s a problem that the data is patchy, and insufficient. I am reading your article and it’s the same liberal college professor bull:censored2:. Making assumptions to advance your agenda. Nothing new under the sun.
Yeah, the data we have is overwhelming. But we don't have perfect data on that particular which is why all academics are trained to speak in restrained fashion until they have the formalities finished. That's how academics talk.

The data are crystal clear.