Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

I just wanted to note the abrupt subject change was primarily caused by being repeatedly wrong on the other stuff.
All of it is solvable, because all of the world's richest people are highly motivated to make it happen, whether any part of it is a good idea or not on a society-wide scale. When a collection of that much money and the brainpower it buys decide to do something, it will be done. Period.

It may be catastrophically bad. I expect it to be tyrannical among other things.

But I make honest assessments. Electric motors are better than gas engines anywhere they can accomplish the task. That used to be narrow. They're getting better, so it's wider.
Everyone has always accepted that electric motors are better if they can be used to do a job. You only use combustion if you have to.
I am not denying that money won’t find a way to figure it out. But IF that happens you will pay for it in the end. You will save nothing from buying an ev, it will end up costing you when your taxes go up to build all of this infrastructure, and the electricity will go up in price when they do figure it out and everyone starts buying them.

wilberforce15

I am not denying that money won’t find a way to figure it out. But IF that happens you will pay for it in the end. You will save nothing from buying an ev, it will end up costing you when your taxes go up to build all of this infrastructure, and the electricity will go up in price when they do figure it out and everyone starts buying them.
Okay, but nobody here argued with that.

Non liberal

We can. We just choose not to.
When things get hard, different choices will be made. That's how capitalism works. The problem will be solved with a whole lot of money.

Except in CA. They suck at life.

But everywhere else, the grid has plenty of time to expand to accommodate.
I don't think you understand just how slow even the most aggressive EV growth is. It takes a LONG time to cycle through the fleet of american consumer cars. We have a few decades, even on the most 'optimistic' time frame.
No, we don’t because they’re pushing this garbage climate change. And yes they can choose not to solve your electricity problem any time they want to. I think I tried telling you that before.

wilberforce15

You said they’re superior technology
It is a superior technology. It's not even close.
If an electrical motor can be used any time to replace a combustion, it is superior. Electrics and batteries are more reliable, easier, less maintenance, and higher performance. The ONLY advantage combustion has is the density of the energy source which means some range applications. That's it. Otherwise, it's inferior at everything. Range is literally the only reason it was ever used.

vantexan

It is a superior technology. It's not even close.
If an electrical motor can be used any time to replace a combustion, it is superior. Electrics and batteries are more reliable, easier, less maintenance, and higher performance. The ONLY advantage combustion has is the density of the energy source which means some range applications. That's it. Otherwise, it's inferior at everything. Range is literally the only reason it was ever used.
Yeah, don't run your AC too long. Range anxiety.

Non liberal

Thats good because the word is out that it is next to impossible to get Tesla to work on them. Hat about air filters
I wouldn’t say no maintenance. Less for sure, but you still would have air filters and oil once every 100k right? Probably a few others.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You can bitch about a 30 minute stop in an 800 mile trip all you like. Everybody else already stops more than that.
An ev will not make an 800 mile trip with one stop. It'll take two. Quit lieing. You know your charge is barely past 50% at 30 minutes. And that is on a good charger..

wilberforce15

Yup, just easier when everyone gets their fuel from the same place. Instead of individualized mom and pop gas stations.
Yawn. You run to a new objection every time you get proven wrong about stuff.

Nobody cares. This is going to happen and win. The vehicles themselves are superior and their customers are very happy.
Some places will build more power. Some will build plenty. Some won't. Some will be tyrants. Some won't.

You'll grasp onto every fire or every outage like it vindicates your entire worldview.

yawn. It is still going to happen.

vantexan

An ev will not make an 800 mile trip with one stop. It'll take two. Quit lieing. You know your charge is barely past 50% at 30 minutes. And that is on a good charger..
Aren't they supposed to not charge above 80% or below 20% for the health of the battery?

vantexan

Yawn. You run to a new objection every time you get proven wrong about stuff.

Nobody cares. This is going to happen and win. The vehicles themselves are superior and their customers are very happy.
Some places will build more power. Some will build plenty. Some won't. Some will be tyrants. Some won't.

You'll grasp onto every fire or every outage like it vindicates your entire worldview.

yawn. It is still going to happen.
I must've pointed out something he can't refute so he just ignores it.