Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

So, you would make them starve, because you're a do-gooder liberal who can't see the real world.
Their options are exploitative child labor, or starvation and death. Those are the choices. There is no Option C. Welcome to the real world, lefty. Look it in the eye. It's real.
Does the bible say to sin in order to stop a greater sin?

wilberforce15

Does the bible say to sin in order to stop a greater sin?
You don't understand their problem at all. You don't know why those children are stuck laboring. You don't know what the companies can and can't do. You're utterly ignorant.

Employing these kids or buying their goods is not sin.
They are victims of their political regime that harvests the value of their labor. The outside company can pull business away, in which case the kids starve and die. Or, the company can pay a fair wage, which all gets taken by corrupt government, and the kids still get nothing.
There is no option C. You are simply ignorant. You cannot pay these kids a decent wage, because everything they get paid gets stolen by corrupt african regimes. Get some education. This is the real world.
You want them to starve.

wilberforce15

You want to boycott them? They starve and die.
You want to pay them more? It gets stolen by tinpot dictators.
There is not a mechanism in existence to pay these kids more than this. It is impossible. THeir only hope is political reform, which you cannot provide.

In the mean time, employ them or watch them die.

Non liberal

You don't understand their problem at all. You don't know why those children are stuck laboring. You don't know what the companies can and can't do. You're utterly ignorant.

Employing these kids or buying their goods is not sin.
They are victims of their political regime that harvests the value of their labor. The outside company can pull business away, in which case the kids starve and die. Or, the company can pay a fair wage, which all gets taken by corrupt government, and the kids still get nothing.
There is no option C. You are simply ignorant. You cannot pay these kids a decent wage, because everything they get paid gets stolen by corrupt african regimes. Get some education. This is the real world.
You want them to starve.
Option c is ship your own adult workers over there, mine it from somewhere else that doesn’t employ child labor, or don’t do it at all because we don’t need it.

wilberforce15

Option c is ship your own adult workers over there, mine it from somewhere else that doesn’t employ child labor, or don’t do it at all because we don’t need it.
You can't mine it from somewhere else. It doesn't exist enough elsewhere. And if you mine it somewhere else, all these kids starve and die.

You can't ship your own adult workers over there, because they are under corrupt tinpot dictators. And if you give the work to your adults, these kids starve and die.

If you don't do it at all, these kids starve and die.

Can you follow that? This is as Special Ed friendly as I can explain it, Lefty.

Non liberal

You want to boycott them? They starve and die.
You want to pay them more? It gets stolen by tinpot dictators.
There is not a mechanism in existence to pay these kids more than this. It is impossible. THeir only hope is political reform, which you cannot provide.

In the mean time, employ them or watch them die.
Here’s an idea. Don’t give a country like that the business.

Non liberal

You can't mine it from somewhere else. It doesn't exist enough elsewhere. And if you mine it somewhere else, all these kids starve and die.

You can't ship your own adult workers over there, because they are under corrupt tinpot dictators. And if you give the work to your adults, these kids starve and die.

If you don't do it at all, these kids starve and die.

Can you follow that? This is as Special Ed friendly as I can explain it.
Oh well, I guess no more lithium. Too bad

vantexan

No, I don't. I'm about 10 miles to your right, politically, and I know that child labor is the best way out of poverty for countries like that.

The industrial ladder has to be climbed. If you don't give those children work, they just starve. After the children work, then maybe only teens work, and then maybe only adults.

This is how civilization develops. It has to go through growth stages. They're in the child labor stage.

If you stop employing their children, they are WORSE off. They need this business.
This again is uninformed. There aren't little black kids putting lithium into buckets out of a river in Africa. If anything those kids are searching for diamonds. And no matter where you are in the world if child labor is involved you should do without those products.

Non liberal

This again is uninformed. There aren't little black kids putting lithium into buckets out of a river in Africa. If anything those kids are searching for diamonds. And no matter where you are in the world if child labor is involved you should do without those products.
No, I read about this. It’s Chile, is where this takes place. They use water in the salt flats to extract the lithium or something, and they use child labor to do it. On top of child labor, it’s incredibly hard on the environment polluting the locals fresh water supply.