Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Again, driving some distance, hundreds of miles, in very cold weather when there's a massive pileup ahead and no way to get off. Roads are so bad it takes at least two days to get through. I'll take my chances with a Prius.
You'll take your chances with the Prius going into that? All smart people aren't even taking their chances if that's a possibility. Getting into dumb situations is a great way to die in any vehicle. If you're stuck for 2 days in the snow, you're a maroon.

vantexan

And again, maroon you are making up a situation in which no person even a maroon like yourself could find themselves. The gas car will be just as low in your crazy artificial situation that makes you finally feel better about your dumb prius. You cannot possibly be silly enough to believe that you are making a point.
Last winter in Virginia that exact situation happened. Have seen similar reported before. My wife was stuck on an interstate in Kansas in I think '92 for more than 20 hours.

wilberforce15

Last winter in Virginia that exact situation happened. Have seen similar reported before. My wife was stuck on an interstate in Kansas in I think '92 for more than 20 hours.
Then your wife was stupid and so was everyone stuck for a day in virginia. And neither of those were two days. So you want to keep making things up?

wilberforce15

If it's even a remote possibility, and you're dumb enough to go out into it, then blankets are better than Priuses. Blankets don't run out of any kind of fuel

wilberforce15

Leave it to the fake Texan to make up a situation that can be solved with blankets and canned food, and pretend that buying a Prius matters more than having actual warmth.

wilberforce15

OK, a day. How does that make them stupid? There was nowhere to go.
You guys appear not to be in the loop but we tend to know when large snow events are coming. And if they are we also have very ancient and tried and tested ways of staying warm even without a cabin being warm. Blankets and portable food were invented a very long time ago. This is a stupid concern. If you got stuck it's probably because you were being stupid. And if you're cold it's because you were unprepared.

vantexan

Leave it to the fake Texan to make up a situation that can be solved with blankets and canned food, and pretend that buying a Prius matters more than having actual warmth.
Nope, just saying if I had been driving a couple hundred miles in severely cold weather, came upon a pileup that closed the interstate for a very long time, I would be much less concerned in a Prius than in your Tesla. Looking up longest traffic jams in history shows that people have been stuck for at least 24 hours before. And when it's over I'll be driving on while you'll be looking for a charging station.

vantexan

You guys appear not to be in the loop but we tend to know when large snow events are coming. And if they are we also have very ancient and tried and tested ways of staying warm even without a cabin being warm. Blankets and portable food were invented a very long time ago. This is a stupid concern. If you got stuck it's probably because you were being stupid. And if you're cold it's because you were unprepared.
So those many thousands stuck in Virginia last winter were all stupid? By the way if it had been me I would've been prepared. I bought a Prius.

wilberforce15

So those many thousands stuck in Virginia last winter were all stupid? By the way if it had been me I would've been prepared. I bought a Prius.
Yes, they were all stupid of they were ever cold. That's a total lack of preparation or attention. If there is snow, you keep adequate warmth and food in the trunk. This is 101 level stuff.

And they're probably stupid for going out at all.

vantexan

Yes, they were all stupid of they were ever cold. That's a total lack of preparation or attention. If there is snow, you keep adequate warmth and food in the trunk. This is 101 level stuff.

So it's -5° outside and you're by yourself but wait, you've got a blanket! Meanwhile my climate control is keeping me warm.

vantexan

That stretch of I-95 has conditions that make it susceptible to ice forming. Something a lot of travelers wouldn't know.

vantexan

That stretch of I-95 has conditions that make it susceptible to ice forming. Something a lot of travelers wouldn't know
And we just established that my cabin is warm,too.

But I can also sit there for a week and be fine.
When your battery dies it'll take you a week to get it moved? 😂