Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

I wouldn't want to try to sleep in a Prius
There are people who do. With the passenger seat pushed forward and rear seat folded there's a 6'5" length there. But you have to fold yourself in and out of it. And getting up for bathroom runs would be tough. I'd rather just keep the back for storage and set up the tent outside. If it's cold enough in the winter can pay the $4 a day for electric to run a space heater in the tent. Even in the summer nights are cool enough in New Mexico to sleep well.

Commercial Inside Release

Van, don't live in a tent or van. Do that long enough, and there's no coming back from it.
The massive homeless population in the US has been on the streets so long, they will never get off.

Those small compromises, and shortcuts put them in a rut after about 4 years, that they can't get out of.

wilberforce15

Extremely inconvenient you mean. Tow a smart car before that heavy ass mpg killing electric car. Remember it’s your RV that is doing the heavy driving, not your EV.
So?
Extremely convenient. No oil changes or gas fill-ups. No busted radiators or coolant flushes.
I haven't been to a mechanic for two years. I've used a public charger a few times.

EV's save a ton of time and convenience.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
It will keep the cabin warm for the same amount of time as a gas car.
Except gas cars often leave with less than a full tank. But most EV owners leave with a nearly full charge every day.

The average EV user is going to stay warm longer than the average gas car in those conditions.

You people have time to make memes, but not read.
So untrue. With a heater going full blast in that car on an extremely cold day it will drop twenty percent every two hours.. 8 hours no more battery. Good luck with the lies..

vantexan

Van, don't live in a tent or van. Do that long enough, and there's no coming back from it.
The massive homeless population in the US has been on the streets so long, they will never get off.

Those small compromises, and shortcuts put them in a rut after about 4 years, that they can't get out of.
I appreciate the thought but I'm an old guy who'll probably be dead in less than 20 years anyways. I don't have the money to live in an apartment so not much choice. I'm part Native American anyways so a tent in a state park sounds fine to me.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If I must purchase an EV, I want a Detroit Electric.
I want to travel in style.
Even Henry Ford's wife chose one over the cars her husband made.

newolddude

Some hybrids yes. Not the Prius. Not the Toyota RAV4. Not the Toyota Sienna.
Not everyone needs to tow 15,000 pounds or do zero to 60 in 4 seconds. Some people just need a driving appliance that gets them and their family from point a to point b in relative comfort plus maybe carry some groceries or sports gear.

I myself am interested in the 2023 Toyota Crown.

They're offering two flavors of hybrid: one performance with slightly better gas mileage and a "normal" hybrid that gets 38mpg.