Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

So you are assuming within an hour you can charge it enough to continue 250 miles?
No, you can continue for 200 miles with a 15 minute charge.
30 minutes is full (something like 10% to 90% charge).

If I charged for an hour, it would be sitting on full for 30 minutes already, lol.

wilberforce15

This is universal data. It's true at thousands of superchargers for millions of vehicles. You just don't know how to google.

Charging, eating, and pooping, takes 30 minutes or so.

40 if you're constipated.

I'm not "assuming" anything. This is plain fact that millions of people have done. You just don't know about it.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
This is universal data. It's true at thousands of superchargers for millions of vehicles. You just don't know how to google.

Charging, eating, and pooping, takes 30 minutes or so.

40 if you're constipated.

I'm not "assuming" anything. This is plain fact that millions of people have done. You just don't know about it.
Since time after time you have proves you don't or haven't ever owned a Tesla. More information for a person that has little knowledge about the subject.

wilberforce15

Since time after time you have proves you don't or haven't ever owned a Tesla. More information for a person that has little knowledge about the subject.
Most people supercharge only a few times a year, and that's on road trips.
That's because most people have electricity at their houses.

I forget where the charging app is on my phone or how to hook it up. Then I remember at each road trip. It's that irrelevant.

Using superchargers regularly is stupid and unnecessary.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I saw the funniest thing along the Mass Pike today,
A Prius in the dirt just off the road attempting to use battery cables to jump start another Prius.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• The US needs to build 30 million EV charging ports or 478 per day until 2030 - at a cost of $35 billion over eight years - if half of drivers switch
  • America has about 128,000 public EV charging outlets and at least 4,500 private ones currently - in comparison with 150,000 gas stations
  • Although EV sales have climbed a lot each year since 2016, many consumers cite batteries and charging issues as their main concerns

wilberforce15

Teslas made in China ---no thanks
Everyday brings a new objection as old ones fall. That's fine. Tesla is a Chinese company, in that it has a gigafactory in shanghai. It's original is still in Fremont california. And it's opening ones in Berlin and Austin this year. It's Chinese. It's German. It's American. this is life for a trillion dollar company.

Almost all the Chinese Teslas are sold in china. This is part of their global manufacturing strategy, to manufacture in the country or economic region in which it sold.

rod

Retired 23 years
Everyday brings a new objection as old ones fall. That's fine. Tesla is a Chinese company, in that it has a gigafactory in shanghai. It's original is still in Fremont california. And it's opening ones in Berlin and Austin this year. It's Chinese. It's German. It's American. this is life for a trillion dollar company.

Almost all the Chinese Teslas are sold in china. This is part of their global manufacturing strategy, to manufacture in the country or economic region in which it sold.
I bet in 10 years they will all be made in China or some 3rd world country. That's how big business operates. Why put one together here for 50k when you can have it assembled in Vietnam or Tiawan for 2K.

wilberforce15

I bet in 10 years they will all be made in China or some 3rd world country. That's how big business operates. Why put one together here for 50k when you can have it assembled in Vietnam or Tiawan for 2K.
No, they're building the most advanced manufacturing facilities that exist in the world. The German facility exists to escape tariffs in the European union. They're building it in Germany to sell in Europe so they don't have to pay taxes. That's why their American factories build for America. It saves them money on shipping and on taxes and on raw efficiency to manufacture very close to the sale.

It is actually economic law that will keep them manufacturing in these facilities. They take years to build and they are the highest volume facilities in the world. Shanghai is one facility that will build 2 million cars. Austin is one facility that's bigger than c a c h. This is not a mobile operation.

Tesla invented the biggest casting machines in the history of the world. They can do more with high-tech American facilities in Austin for cheaper than they can in vietnam. That's because they're just that good at engineering.
And being that special is why they are valued at more than all the other automakers put together. Big money understands that they are completely unique.

wilberforce15

All the other car manufacturers are just so-called manufacturers. They might design and then farm out every single piece and then have it assembled at a third location. Tesla is incredibly vertically integrated and actually designs and builds most of its own parts so it can be centralized in these locations.

vantexan

I charged at 250, 500, and 750 miles.

Superchargers get you 200 miles of range in about 15 minutes.
I charged for 40 minutes and much of that was wasted time because I was still eating and chilling.
This is very easy and standard. You are so incredibly ignorant, I don't know how to fix it.

Supercharger network is amazing and is available anywhere I want it, basically. And I can go from 20 miles of range left to 300 miles of range in less than 30 minutes. Anywhere. You are just literally trying to google to keep up with people who actually know things.
So you added about an hour over an ICE vehicle. How much time was spent going to and from the charging station? Right off the highway or did you have to spend some extra time for that?