Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Box Ox

Yeah I was giving you too much credit. I thought the argument wasn't going to be that silly. I didn't expect you to say Tesla would be the world's biggest car maker. Forgive me.
No, we were talking about evs so…
They're going to be the largest maker of any kind.

Probably in 6 to 8 years.

Even if automakers like Honda really step up their EV game? I'm sure they've been watching and taking notes as Elon has figured out the formula for mass-production success.

Looks like Tesla produced "just over 930,400 vehicles in 2020."

Tesla: vehicle production by quarter YTD 2022 | Statista

Honda, LG Energy Solution to build $4.4 billion battery plant in U.S. (cnbc.com)

"Earlier this year, Japan-based Honda said it plans to release 30 electric vehicles globally and produce about 2 million EVs a year by 2030."

wilberforce15

Even if automakers like Honda really step up their EV game? I'm sure they've been watching and taking notes as Elon has figured out the formula for mass-production success.

Honda, LG Energy Solution to build $4.4 billion battery plant in U.S. (cnbc.com)

"Earlier this year, Japan-based Honda said it plans to release 30 electric vehicles globally and produce about 2 million EVs a year by 2030."
Yes, producing 30 vehicles is insanity and is inherently inefficient and stupid.
Tesla produced a million vehicles last year on basically 4 models. They'll double that this year with the same four models. Even with shanghai shutdowns for stupid commie covid stuff, it'll be close to 2 million this year. The gap is only widening.
These guys don't know how to make an EV or even make a car efficiently. Tesla revolutionized both and nobody can catch up. Tesla is eliminating hundreds of parts, welds, machines, etc. from the process. That's why a facility the size of CACH will produce so much.

"The best part is no part."
Tesla scaled one model at a time, perfecting efficiency in manufacture (not quality of door panel gaps). There is a reason they have the highest margins in the history of the business. They can raise prices at will, and everything they make will be sold. They can absorb any inflation. That's because they are the most efficient manufacturer by miles.

It's not about the machine. It's about the machine that makes the machine. Honda is hopelessly lost.

Honda is begging to do by 2030 what Tesla is doing now. And they still can't reach the specs of a Tesla that's ten years old.

wilberforce15

Everybody else gets the crap engineers that the real companies didn't take.

And the combination is deadly. Space engineering is all about maximizing function for weight, because weight is super expensive and requires fuel to get into orbit. Every ounce saved is golden.

In automotive design, that saved weight yields range for the EV, and efficiency in manufacture from the elimination of parts.
That's why Tesla and SpaceX as the two most desirable companies for young engineers to work for is so deadly.

Tesla's lead is insurmountable, and gets bigger every year.

GM makes big announcement about battery plants. Honda tells people what they plan to do in 2030. And they spend a silly 4 billion on a plant.

Tesla is going to Mars and has unlimited money and all the best minds. It's not close.

Box Ox

Everybody else gets the crap engineers that the real companies didn't take.

And the combination is deadly. Space engineering is all about maximizing function for weight, because weight is super expensive and requires fuel to get into orbit. Every ounce saved is golden.

In automotive design, that saved weight yields range for the EV, and efficiency in manufacture from the elimination of parts.
That's why Tesla and SpaceX as the two most desirable companies for young engineers to work for is so deadly.

Tesla's lead is insurmountable, and gets bigger every year.

GM makes big announcement about battery plants. Honda tells people what they plan to do in 2030. And they spend a silly 4 billion on a plant.

Tesla is going to Mars and has unlimited money and all the best minds. It's not close.

I hope the wokies among the younger engineers don't run off given all of the left's hate for Elon lately. Sounds like a lot of them might be ready to depart from Twitter.

wilberforce15

I hope the wokies among the younger engineers don't run off given all of the left's hate for Elon lately. Sounds like a lot of them might be ready to depart from Twitter.
Engineers aren't very woke as a general rule. They mostly have to live inside reality.
Elon has been hated by the left for many years. Tesla remains unaffected.

Non liberal

So, exactly one new stable auto manufacturer has come into the world in an entire century, and that new guy will break in from having one factory, to being the largest in the world, in a mere 10-15 years.

Mechanical and design superiority at function. That is the explanation. They are simply better machines.
He’s playing on the media narrative to sell his product to half the country because he knows they will buy them because politics has become that polarizing. Smart man, but nothing to do with being better, because until I can charge fully in 3-5 minutes without causing harm to the vehicle, they are inferior.

wilberforce15

He’s playing on the media narrative to sell his product to half the country because he knows they will buy them because politics has become that polarizing. Smart man, but nothing to do with being better, because until I can charge fully in 3-5 minutes without causing harm to the vehicle, they are inferior.
They are superior in saving time for the average person. Your weekly fillup costs you 5 minutes.

Mine costs me 0 minutes. I spend less time fueling per year than you do.

I dont do oil changes or fluid flushes. That saves time and trips. I haven't been to a mechanic in two years. That saves time.

When are you going to understand that politics hurt Tesla sales? They're just so superior, it doesn't matter.

Being non-union and run by the richest man in the world who ran a factory despite a covid lockdown telling him not to....he's not a lefty favorite.

Non liberal

These bigger companies already have the capacity to outdue Tesla. All they have to do is say….. now and it’s done. Honda and Toyota I’m sure have been keeping up with teslas technology, they’ve just been too busy making money selling petrol cars. They’re going to make their money first. That is what Bernie jr. Doesn’t understand, he’s excited right now about how cheap it is to run an electric car. That will change, the grid needs upgraded for this change to electric cars, and we will pay for that for the rest of our lives. Electricity prices will go through the roof once demand soars, and it will soar. It’s never a good idea to only have one source of energy. For anyone.

Non liberal

They are superior in saving time for the average person. Your weekly fillup costs you 5 minutes.

Mine costs me 0 minutes. I spend less time fueling per year than you do.

I dont do oil changes or fluid flushes. That saves time and trips. I haven't been to a mechanic in two years. That saves time.

When are you going to understand that politics hurt Tesla sales? They're just so superior, it doesn't matter.

Being non-union and run by the richest man in the world who ran a factory despite a covid lockdown telling him not to....he's not a lefty favorite.
He may not be a favorite, but his product is. Doesn’t matter about your charging at home, im talking when your out and about.

wilberforce15

These bigger companies already have the capacity to outdue Tesla. All they have to do is say….. now and it’s done. Honda and Toyota I’m sure have been keeping up with teslas technology, they’ve just been too busy making money selling petrol cars. They’re going to make their money first. That is what Bernie jr. Doesn’t understand, he’s excited right now about how cheap it is to run an electric car. That will change, the grid needs upgraded for this change to electric cars, and we will pay for that for the rest of our lives. Electricity prices will go through the roof once demand soars, and it will soar. It’s never a good idea to only have one source of energy. For anyone.
They don't have the capacity to do what Tesla is doing now in another 10 years.
Literally, they cannot beat what Tesla did ten years ago right now.
And they can't beat Tesla's current operation in a decade.

It's not close.
They cannot do it. An EV is not the same, and Tesla is the quantum leap in manufacturing. They're not just the best car. They're the best at making it. And once you include supply chains and vertical integration, the gaps get even wider.

You can put Honda, Toyota, VW, Ford, and GM in the same room and let them all work together, and they cannot beat Tesla.

wilberforce15

He may not be a favorite, but his product is. Doesn’t matter about your charging at home, im talking when your out and about.
You mean the way I charge every single week doesn't matter? The fact that I do 52 fewer gas stops than you doesn't matter?

Why doesn't it matter? You have errands for gas. I don't.
You pull off the road to take care of your car. I don't. You go to your mechanic to take care of the car. Or you work on it. I don't.
As a matter of pure convenience, EV is superior for most.

vantexan

Why would I need to explain where the metals come from?
There is plenty. And whatever shortage there is will go to Tesla, because they have the highest margins and the biggest pockets in the industry. They can do whatever they want, leverage whoever they want, and they've put tens of billions into scaling the biggest manufacturing operation ramp-up in automotive history....and you think they don't have metals.

It's silly. A metal shortage would only increase their lead. Tough environments mean the weak ones die and the strong ones dominate even more.
That's why making courses harder in the PGA led to more Tiger wins. The harder environment widens the gap between weak and strong. The same will occur here.

You can go back into your closet and stroke your precious silver, nickel, lithium, or whatever you pet to go to sleep at night, believing that Granddaddy Elon will never get as much as he wants.

And he'll get as much as he wants.
Yah, no one will build houses, make electronics, build other cars, etc because Tesla has taken it all for itself. You seem to forget that for the world to be "saved" everyone everywhere at some point must be driving electric cars. Not just in America. Not enough copper, silver, etc to even come close. Not by a long shot. This isn't speculation. It's a known fact. And we haven't even touched on batteries yet. You've built up a nice little fantasy for yourself and think you're clever with the lame insults. But this isn't sustainable. If we switch to ebikes for the masses and the elites get the expensive cars it might happen. Ebikes plus a huge public transit system for inclement weather and the physically incapable. So everyone who wants an electric car better buy one now because at some point with the lack of metals they'll be so expensive only the rich will have a car. Which is a lot more likely than everyone running around in EV's.

vantexan

Yes, producing 30 vehicles is insanity and is inherently inefficient and stupid.
Tesla produced a million vehicles last year on basically 4 models. They'll double that this year with the same four models. Even with shanghai shutdowns for stupid commie covid stuff, it'll be close to 2 million this year. The gap is only widening.
These guys don't know how to make an EV or even make a car efficiently. Tesla revolutionized both and nobody can catch up. Tesla is eliminating hundreds of parts, welds, machines, etc. from the process. That's why a facility the size of CACH will produce so much.

"The best part is no part."
Tesla scaled one model at a time, perfecting efficiency in manufacture (not quality of door panel gaps). There is a reason they have the highest margins in the history of the business. They can raise prices at will, and everything they make will be sold. They can absorb any inflation. That's because they are the most efficient manufacturer by miles.

It's not about the machine. It's about the machine that makes the machine. Honda is hopelessly lost.

Honda is begging to do by 2030 what Tesla is doing now. And they still can't reach the specs of a Tesla that's ten years old.
So Honda is too stupid to reverse engineer a Tesla to learn how to make them? Okayyyyy.... And Tesla having 4 models is much like Henry Ford saying you can have any color you want as long as it's black. In your mind everyone will be so thrilled with their Tesla they won't care that they're driving what everyone else is driving. Apparently you don't understand human psychology.

Non liberal

They don't have the capacity to do what Tesla is doing now in another 10 years.
Literally, they cannot beat what Tesla did ten years ago right now.
And they can't beat Tesla's current operation in a decade.

It's not close.
They cannot do it. An EV is not the same, and Tesla is the quantum leap in manufacturing. They're not just the best car. They're the best at making it. And once you include supply chains and vertical integration, the gaps get even wider.

You can put Honda, Toyota, VW, Ford, and GM in the same room and let them all work together, and they cannot beat Tesla.
I’ll guarantee your wrong right there, if you think for one minute these big car companies don’t have a plan you are sadly mistaken. When the time is right, they will jump in and either buy Tesla or just simply out sell them. And they’ll do it the way they’ve always done it, they’ll make the cheapest product on the market. The masses will get their evs from someone other then Tesla.

wilberforce15

I’ll guarantee your wrong right there, if you think for one minute these big car companies don’t have a plan you are sadly mistaken. When the time is right, they will jump in and either buy Tesla or just simply out sell them. And they’ll do it the way they’ve always done it, they’ll make the cheapest product on the market. The masses will get their evs from someone other then Tesla.
When is the time going to be right?
They can't beat the specs of a 2014 Tesla, or make as many EV's right now as Tesla did in 2014.
They are a decade behind, and the company in front of them is the fastest moving in history.
The gap is getting bigger, not smaller. They're dead in the water.

Honda's wildest dreams involve selling what Tesla does this year in 2030. And that's not going to happen, either.
Tesla can make any EV cheaper than anyone. Tesla charges a ton, but they are making a ton. They have the biggest ability to lower prices of anyone, because their manufacturing is the best. They just don't have to lower prices to sell them all.

Meanwhile, all the bigs are stuck pricing below their own costs. None of these guys are making money on EV's and they can't scale. Tesla can do both.

wilberforce15

Everything that needs to be said, you have said.
You said somebody might buy Tesla.

Tesla is worth more than all the automakers put together. Tesla can buy anyone, and nobody can buy Tesla. That's the level of your rmarket ignorance.

Non liberal

When is the time going to be right?
They can't beat the specs of a 2014 Tesla, or make as many EV's right now as Tesla did in 2014.
They are a decade behind, and the company in front of them is the fastest moving in history.
The gap is getting bigger, not smaller. They're dead in the water.

Honda's wildest dreams involve selling what Tesla does this year in 2030. And that's not going to happen, either.
Tesla can make any EV cheaper than anyone. Tesla charges a ton, but they are making a ton. They have the biggest ability to lower prices of anyone, because their manufacturing is the best. They just don't have to lower prices to sell them all.

Meanwhile, all the bigs are stuck pricing below their own costs. None of these guys are making money on EV's and they can't scale. Tesla can do both.
Lol, ok. Don’t be a fool. The time will be right when they’re done making money elsewhere. They don’t have to switch yet. I’m sure they’re just letting Tesla do the dirty work of getting the industry on its feet. They know the technology isn’t there yet, and also the infrastructure isn’t in place yet.

wilberforce15

Lol, ok. Don’t be a fool. The time will be right when they’re done making money elsewhere. They don’t have to switch yet. I’m sure they’re just letting Tesla do the dirty work of getting the industry on its feet. They know the technology isn’t there yet, and also the infrastructure isn’t in place yet.
Tesla's margins are higher than any of them by a few multiples. Why don't they come and take that?
Tesla is making 30% gross margins.

Everybody else is at 10 or less.
They don't take it from Tesla because they can't take it from Tesla.

wilberforce15

Lol, ok I want whatever your smoking there bud.
Tesla is worth a trillion dollars.
A trillion.
You need a trillion dollars to buy Tesla.

Honda is 50B. That's 50 billion.

Tesla is worth 20 times the amount of Honda.
You can currently, right now, buy Honda 20 times in a row for the value of one Tesla.

It's over. You need a math lesson of some kind.