Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

This line is now the winner in this thread. I have to come back to it again. It's very embarrassing. I didn't know it was possible to fail this badly
No? If this is wrong, I apologize. It was just a quick google search.

Attachments

• 052D583C-DDC1-4E36-BC5F-E358345A5D15.png
    052D583C-DDC1-4E36-BC5F-E358345A5D15.png
    217.5 KB · Views: 25

wilberforce15

I looked up market capitalization. It led me to the chart I posted to your other comment. Yes, I know what market capitalization is. What of it?
You do not know what it is. Market capitalization is how much it would theoretically cost you to buy the entire company or all it's outstanding shares. It can go up when the business is losing money. It can go down when the business is gaining money. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the business gaining or losing money. It is a measure of how much people are willing to pay to own the business

Non liberal

Yes, that's correct.

But it had nothing to do with gaining or losing money as a business.
It has everything to do with it, since that’s exactly what happened. That chart is the market cap. Market capitalization is why musk himself said Tesla was over valued. It’s just the public opinion that can change with the drop of a hat.

wilberforce15

The market is willing to pay 13 times annual revenue to own tesla. It is not willing to pay even one times annual revenue to own Toyota or honda. That's because Tesla has a future in the others don't. That's what the market is saying.

wilberforce15

It has everything to do with it, since that’s exactly what happened. That chart is the market cap. Market capitalization is why musk himself said Tesla was over valued. It’s just the public opinion that can change with the drop of a hat.
A 10% fluctuation can be expected in any given week in a volatile stock like tesla. The fact that it's 100 billion dollars just goes to show that 10% of the biggest valuation automaker is a lot of money. Tesla fluctuates in a week more than twice the value of Honda about half the value of Toyota. Just in its daily market ups and downs. That's how much more valuable Tesla is and how much the market prefers it over those.

Non liberal

The market is willing to pay 13 times annual revenue to own tesla. It is not willing to pay even one times annual revenue to own Toyota or honda. That's because Tesla has a future in the others don't. That's what the market is saying.
Says the people who own it’s stock. It’s going to go down at the very minimum to level with the big three, at the ABSOLUTE minimum.

wilberforce15

No. You are still not getting it. The market capitalization does not mean anything about the business gaining or losing money. When it goes down, the company loses no money. When it goes up the company gains no money.

Non liberal

A 10% fluctuation can be expected in any given week in a volatile stock like tesla. The fact that it's 100 billion dollars just goes to show that 10% of the biggest valuation automaker is a lot of money. Tesla fluctuates in a week more than twice the value of Honda about half the value of Toyota. Just in its daily market ups and downs. That's how much more valuable Tesla is and how much the market prefers it over those.
In the grand scheme it isn’t really nothing YET. I was simply showing your statement to be incorrect that they get bigger every year.

wilberforce15

Says the people who own it’s stock. It’s going to go down at the very minimum to level with the big three, at the ABSOLUTE minimum.
The people who own a stock that's worth a trillion dollars would be called everyone. The market is very big and it is not retail or individual money that bid it up to a trillion dollars. You have no idea what's coming, because you totally misunderstand this entire business and how to read a balance sheet or read a stock price.

If you are that confident go ahead and short it. The battlefield is littered with the dead financial bodies of people who bet against tesla.

If you are right you can profit tremendously from its downfall.

wilberforce15

In the grand scheme it isn’t really nothing YET. I was simply showing your statement to be incorrect that they get bigger every year.
Tesla has gotten bigger every year and is the fastest growing automaker in history. It grew when no one else did in 2020 and 2021. No one has seen the profit margins or the growth of a company this large, and it just continues. Tesla is more than four times bigger than it was in 2019. It has grown every single year.

Non liberal

No. You are still not getting it. The market capitalization does not mean anything about the business gaining or losing money. When it goes down, the company loses no money. When it goes up the company gains no money.
I get it, I looked it up, it is the sum of the total shares owed by the shareholders because they think it is worth what they paid. It is useful to show enthusiasm about a particular company and it’s trajectory. But that can change when they get some competition, and I tell you that is surely coming.

Non liberal

The people who own a stock that's worth a trillion dollars would be called everyone. The market is very big and it is not retail or individual money that bid it up to a trillion dollars. You have no idea what's coming, because you totally misunderstand this entire business and how to read a balance sheet or read a stock price.

If you are that confident go ahead and short it. The battlefield is littered with the dead financial bodies of people who bet against tesla.

If you are right you can profit tremendously from its downfall.
Maybe I will.

wilberforce15

I get it, I looked it up, it is the sum of the total shares owed by the shareholders because they think it is worth what they paid. It is useful to show enthusiasm about a particular company and it’s trajectory. But that can change when they get some competition, and I tell you that is surely coming.
The competition is more behind than they've ever been. Tesla's lead in annual EV sales by raw number is bigger than it's ever been, and it has gotten bigger every single year. Tesla will be more ahead next year than they are this year. The game is over. That's why people and institutions and smart money and everyone, will pay 13 times annual revenue for the privilege of owning tesla. And they won't even pay one year of revenue to own Honda or Toyota

wilberforce15

I'm giving out a ton of free education here. Sadly, it's not going to sink in and it'll probably induce you to take the wrong side of the bet out of stubbornness. Meanwhile, my entire financial future has been changed from my ability to understand this.

Non liberal

The competition is more behind than they've ever been. Tesla's lead in annual EV sales by raw number is bigger than it's ever been, and it has gotten bigger every single year. Tesla will be more ahead next year than they are this year. The game is over. That's why people and institutions and smart money and everyone, will pay 13 times annual revenue for the privilege of owning tesla. And they won't even pay one year of revenue to own Honda or Toyota
The Japanese are not stupid people. Toyota has been working on electrics since before Tesla ever was. My money is on them. As soon as they’re convinced a better charging system is in place, they’ll let loose.I could see tesla as the high performance sport car, but not the biggest seller of automobiles.