Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

The Japanese are not stupid people. Toyota has been working on electrics since before Tesla ever was. My money is on them. As soon as they’re convinced a better charging system is in place, they’ll let loose.I could see tesla as the high performance sport car, but not the biggest seller of automobiles.
They are utterly incapable of competing. They do not have the materials or the factories or anything that they need to catch up. And it will take a decade for them to build them. Toyota is the small one in the room next to tesla. Toyota is not just in the position of having to catch up after ignoring electric vehicles for too long, but they're having to catch up when they have less money and fewer means than Tesla does.

They're behind in digging and their shovel is smaller. It was over years ago. People who saw that it was over years ago are now rich.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1661859949956.png

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
So, exactly one new stable auto manufacturer has come into the world in an entire century, and that new guy will break in from having one factory, to being the largest in the world, in a mere 10-15 years.

Mechanical and design superiority at function. That is the explanation. They are simply better machines.
At first I thought you were trolling. Now I completely understand you truly are not that smart, and are a die hard free salesman for an oversized electric gocart.

wilberforce15

I'm not going to explain it. :biggrin:

I'll give you credit.... right, Wrong, or indifferent.... you adamantly defend your position.
I doubt you understand it, either, to be honest.

I imagine most here think somebody dropped a gas engine into a Tesla, either a small 404cc engine or a 404 horsepower one.

wilberforce15

Yeah.... everyone gets it

I'm pleased to find your Google skills are better than those of TotallyLiberal.

newolddude

I think a lot of households are going to end up with one ICE vehicle and one EV.

We have two ICE vehicles but I would almost never road trip in the smaller one. And when it's time for replacement it is a candidate for switching to EV.

Non liberal

They are utterly incapable of competing. They do not have the materials or the factories or anything that they need to catch up. And it will take a decade for them to build them. Toyota is the small one in the room next to tesla. Toyota is not just in the position of having to catch up after ignoring electric vehicles for too long, but they're having to catch up when they have less money and fewer means than Tesla does.

They're behind in digging and their shovel is smaller. It was over years ago. People who saw that it was over years ago are now rich.
When it comes to selling cars, they’re ten times the size. I don’t think they’ll have any trouble competing, lol, you’re funny.

Non liberal

I think a lot of households are going to end up with one ICE vehicle and one EV.

We have two ICE vehicles but I would almost never road trip in the smaller one. And when it's time for replacement it is a candidate for switching to EV.
I agree, which is why a company who is selling ice, hybrids and electrics, maybe even hydrogen fuel cells are going to be much more prepared for the future then a company just selling evs.

wilberforce15

When it comes to selling cars, they’re ten times the size. I don’t think they’ll have any trouble competing, lol, you’re funny.
Yes, and electric vehicles are a completely different ball game. Toyota has no route to be able to sell cars at the same price as Tesla profitably. The manufacturing edge is insurmountable.

Ford is ahead of toyota. And Ford can't sell at the same price as tesla. Tesla's manufacturing advantage is more than $10,000 per car. They can outbid out supply and out sell anybody. They're not going to catch up.