Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

Her husband was paid nearly $500,000 last year as a consultant for a gas company.

FbcMFiNXgAc-NRS
They’re right, it would. But also vehicles going electric won’t affect the usage of fossil fuels. Chevrons ceo said even if every sing me passenger car was an ev in the us by 2040, they would not even notice, not one bit. The use of fossil fuels won’t be affected, it will just be used by industry instead. Or to make electricity. To power the worlds evs, lol. Talk about a hopeless, unhelpful waste of time.

wilberforce15

They’re right, it would. But also vehicles going electric won’t affect the usage of fossil fuels. Chevrons ceo said even if every sing me passenger car was an ev in the us by 2040, they would not even notice, not one bit. The use of fossil fuels won’t be affected, it will just be used by industry instead. Or to make electricity. To power the worlds evs, lol. Talk about a hopeless, unhelpful waste of time.
It appears you have no idea why electric vehicles even exist. It's not to get rid of the fossil fuels in cars. Elon musk built Tesla so that he could fund SpaceX and transition the world to sustainable energy, in his words. It's not about selling cars or reducing gasoline usage.

It's about using this company to develop the technology that will allow other things to get off of gas. Whether you think that's needed or not isn't the question. I think it's stupid. But Tesla exists for battery and solar development so that bigger grid applications can happen. He's the world's richest man running the most profitable car company in the world, and he's doing it to meet some of the entirely.

newolddude

Why so threatened by EVs? Why are they so scary and evil?

wilberforce15

The idea is that in 20 or 30 years there will be millions of rotting electric vehicle bodies that still have good batteries inside them. They will be harvested at use for grid energy storage. And that capability makes all the sustainable bullcrap actually somewhat possible. Because you can even out the loads.

Non liberal

They are the biggest because they were the best. And they still are the best gas vehicles. Making an electric vehicle is completely different and Toyota is hopelessly behind. Their factories are irrelevant. their engineers are irrelevant. their suppliers are irrelevant.it's all wrong. Everything that they've spent the last couple of decades being the best at no longer applies.
TPS, Toyota production system, I believe. It’s why their cars last longer with fewer problems then any other brand in the world. Compare that to Tesla who is the “Seattle slew” of production issues. Videos all over YouTube of uneven body angles, paint problems, and just poor overall quality control that they are going to have to correct if they want to compete. Also Toyota is really ramping up interest in hydrogen fuel cell along with bmw. Haven’t had much of a chance to study it but the hydrogen fuel cell technology really seems promising, only 3 minutes or so to fuel up, nothing but water vapor emissions, tremendous power compared to an ev, as well as much lighter weight to make it safer on the road. These evs are incredibly dangerous with their immense weight and torque. Teenage kids who can’t drive are going to be an absolute nightmare behind the wheels of these things. Regardless, Toyota will figure it out, and it doesn’t look like they’re going to put all their eggs in one basket.

wilberforce15

TPS, Toyota production system, I believe. It’s why their cars last longer with fewer problems then any other brand in the world. Compare that to Tesla who is the “Seattle slew” of production issues. Videos all over YouTube of uneven body angles, paint problems, and just poor overall quality control that they are going to have to correct if they want to compete. Also Toyota is really ramping up interest in hydrogen fuel cell along with bmw. Haven’t had much of a chance to study it but the hydrogen fuel cell technology really seems promising, only 3 minutes or so to fuel up, nothing but water vapor emissions, tremendous power compared to an ev, as well as much lighter weight to make it safer on the road. These evs are incredibly dangerous with their immense weight and torque. Teenage kids who can’t drive are going to be an absolute nightmare behind the wheels of these things. Regardless, Toyota will figure it out, and it doesn’t look like they’re going to put all their eggs in one basket.
The wreck frequency and safety reading speak for themselves. I don't need to address that. If Tesla's were dangerous it would already show in the data. But it doesn't. The second Toyota system is perfectly maximized for gas vehicle production and other associated technologies. Their factories are irrelevant. They cannot be adapted or retrofitted to make electric vehicles efficiently. It is too different.

Even if Toyota knows perfectly how to do it as well as tesla, it won't matter because they will still have to build brand new factories. And that's going to take them at least 5 years, before they're even really getting started. They cannot catch up. What they have cannot be adapted to electric vehicles. If you try to make an electric vehicle out of a retrofitted gas vehicle factory, you will be selling at a loss just like Ford is.

Non liberal

Why so threatened by EVs? Why are they so scary and evil?
Because they’re stupid, there is no point to them. There is no reason to switch, it’s not going to touch the warming of the planet. And I believe they are simply a means of control of the masses as well as a huge money making opportunity for certain people who are pretending to make it like we have to switch in order to save the planet. Evs have absolutely nothing to do with the future of the planet.

wilberforce15

Because they’re stupid, there is no point to them. There is no reason to switch, it’s not going to touch the warming of the planet. And I believe they are simply a means of control of the masses as well as a huge money making opportunity for certain people who are pretending to make it like we have to switch in order to save the planet. Evs have absolutely nothing to do with the future of the planet.

You can beat an Italian supercar off the line while carrying three kids and soccer and baseball equipment, for $60,000 and not see a mechanic for years at a time. All while never making gas stops.

wilberforce15

This is a constant problem with boomers. They all think that whatever their preferences are represent the world and the market as a whole. They are so myopic and self-centered that they cannot possibly imagine other people wanting different things.

wilberforce15

There is maintenance. That’s fine if u want to buy one. Just don’t trick the public into thinking they’re going to save the environment
Replacing tires at regular intervals and wipers at regular intervals it doesn't count as maintenance. It's been almost 2 years since I've been to a mechanic, and I haven't done work on my own car. And I am following the owner's manual.