Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

No, they needed a work van and electric vans don't exist in sufficient quantities to use them. So they buy gas Vans and put their logo on them.

This isn't hard. Reliability edge goes entirely one direction. Electric motors just plain work.
Well if they just plain work, then you would think they would make an electric work van since it would be more reliable. Right? Electric motors just plain work, for about 250 miles then comes the inconvenient truth😂

vantexan

Exactly, it’s horrendous. Not to mention for me it’s the fact that our electric bills are going to sky rocket. It will go beyond just what we spend on gas for our cars. It’s when people don’t have any other option that the price is really going to go up.
And we don't have a say in the matter. Fanatics at the top are deciding for everyone to completely rework things and push us into a new reality before the infrastructure needed is even there. What could go wrong?

Non liberal

No, they needed a work van and electric vans don't exist in sufficient quantities to use them. So they buy gas Vans and put their logo on them.

This isn't hard. Reliability edge goes entirely one direction. Electric motors just plain work.
Actually, I’m obviously no engineer, but you would think they could put some kind of dynamo on all 4 wheels so that when the wheels are turning they are charging the battery?

newolddude

Do u like spending more money then you other wise would? Lol well in the obvious way, I happen to like loud, obnoxious rumble of a v-8. I like the freedom of traveling 580 miles on one tank of fuel, pulling over at any mile marker and fueling up for another 580 miles in a matter of minutes. No matter the weather. Freedom to go wherever I want, whenever I want, despite the fact that my kid the day before forgot to fuel up the car. Also, I don’t like my tax dollars going to subsidize something that isn’t needed. Nobody liked the bailouts, right? It’s just the same old same, unnecessary nonsense. Solve some real problems.
That's fine that you drive hundreds of miles with a V-8. Nobody is taking your car away. If someone else wants to buy an EV why should your wants/likes dictate what they do?

And the auto bailouts made money for the government.

What are the REAL problems with transportation and energy you want solved?

Non liberal

That's fine that you drive hundreds of miles with a V-8. Nobody is taking your car away. If someone else wants to buy an EV why should your wants/likes dictate what they do?

Blackouts, windmills that are ugly, destructive, hazardous. Didn’t say the problems were all with transportation and energy. Lots of other problems that could use funded. Like the right of parents to use their school tax money for whatever school they want to send their child to, so they don’t get indoctrinated would be a good start. Yes, they are taking my v-8 away actually, Toyota no longer makes a v-8 for their trucks thanks to mpg restrictions that this destructive and dangerous administration has put on automobile manufacturers. California just outlawed ice vehicles after what 2035 or something?

Non liberal

Well, I’m glad the auto bailouts made money for the government at my expense so they could spend it foolishly on their gross agenda.

newolddude

Well, I’m glad the auto bailouts made money for the government at my expense so they could spend it foolishly on their gross agenda.
How was it at your expense?

From the school your King Donald went to:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

The lunatic continues…..seek help you poor deranged fool.

Non liberal

I could care less what business sense it made. All it did was give the auto industry, or any industry “too big to fail” a license to be reckless at taxpayers expense. It was an ethical issue for me. My small business selling whatever would never be given a handout. It’s bull:censored2:, giving them handouts while the farmer gets put out of business and nobody cares. I’m just tired of being screwed by my government in case you hadn’t noticed, and frankly so should you. FYI, I could care less about Donald trump, even though he did ten times the job any other candidate could have done. He actually encouraged pride in our country instead of the garbage the current administration is pedaling. Frankly the main reason I vote for him is because my lying ass government and media tells me not to.

Non liberal

wilberforce15

I would google it but I want to hear it from you.....
Can you provide a link to the full and complete Tesla owners manual and maintenance schedule?

It should be public information and I'm sure it's in your database.
Thanks.

Tire stuff, as I mentioned (any rotations and alignments)
Wipers as needed.

And that's it.
A few air filters ever 2-3 years.

There is nothing else to do. Not even brake pads.

wilberforce15

Well if they just plain work, then you would think they would make an electric work van since it would be more reliable. Right? Electric motors just plain work, for about 250 miles then comes the inconvenient truth😂
Yes, and then you put fuel into it, like normal cars.

Except you don't need to fill up, ever, as long as you drive under 250 that day.
Because your house is your gas station.

wilberforce15

You want to increase the car's range by adding resistance to the wheels. Think about that for a second.
Harvesting energy from a turning wheel involves applying resistance to that wheel, and making the wheel do work it wouldn't otherwise do.

That's why there is regenerative braking and not regenerative driving. If you're braking, you want to apply resistance to the wheels, so harvesting it makes sense.

Regenerative driving would be shooting yourself in the foot. You would use battery to make the wheels turn, and then put resistance on the wheels to charge the battery, and all you'd get is destroyed range.

newolddude

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You want to increase the car's range by adding resistance to the wheels. Think about that for a second.
Harvesting energy from a turning wheel involves applying resistance to that wheel, and making the wheel do work it wouldn't otherwise do.

That's why there is regenerative braking and not regenerative driving. If you're braking, you want to apply resistance to the wheels, so harvesting it makes sense.

Regenerative driving would be shooting yourself in the foot. You would use battery to make the wheels turn, and then put resistance on the wheels to charge the battery, and all you'd get is destroyed range.
Brushless alternators add almost 0 resistance. Way less resistance then a transmission. Try again.