Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Fast at what? Driving? Charging?

The answer to both is yes.
I'll agree they are fast in a quarter mile. I used to laugh when they had track night and the kids would bring their parents Tesla out and run it down the track 8 or 9 times. The. Had to figure out how they were getting it home.. tow trucks mad dollars on those nights. Then all of the sudden you see these people bringing out 240v gas powered generators, and a 240v charging system to the track. Usually being pulled out with an f350 or f350.
20220831_085151.JPG

Lol...

wilberforce15

I'll agree they are fast in a quarter mile. I used to laugh when they had track night and the kids would bring their parents Tesla out and run it down the track 8 or 9 times. The. Had to figure out how they were getting it home.. tow trucks mad dollars on those nights. Then all of the sudden you see these people bringing out 240v gas powered generators, and a 240v charging system to the track. Usually being pulled out with an f350 or f350.
So after you gave a link to lots of open superchargers, with most empty, and all having bathrooms and food (thank you for that) you decide to change the subject.

I see.

Ou812fu

So after you gave a link to lots of open superchargers, with most empty, and all having bathrooms and food (thank you for that) you decide to change the subject.

I see.
I gave you a link showing Tesla wants to build a drive in charging station. Due to the lack of them being next to anywhere you can eat. Or go shopping.

wilberforce15

I gave you a link showing Tesla wants to build a drive in charging station. Due to the lack of them being next to anywhere you can eat. Or go shopping.
They are already built next to food and restrooms. That's why they are there.

Tesla wants to build a drive-in charging station so that Tesla can also own the places to eat and poop.

Instead of places them next to other businesses, which they all are, Tesla can own the whole thing.

wilberforce15

There are about 4000 separate Tesla charging stations in the United States with 35,000+ charging stalls.

I would like you to show me one with no food or bathroom. There might be one somewhere in the desert or something.

Ou812fu

There are about 4000 separate Tesla charging stations in the United States with 35,000+ charging stalls.

I would like you to show me one with no food or bathroom. There might be one somewhere in the desert or something.
Tesla charger is way different then a supercharger. Good luck with your manipulation.

Ou812fu

I said supercharger liar. That is what you said earlier. You keep.lieinf and you will keep getting caught.. you mentioned you made a trip to nh. Not me. Liar liar liar.

Non liberal

You want to increase the car's range by adding resistance to the wheels. Think about that for a second.
Harvesting energy from a turning wheel involves applying resistance to that wheel, and making the wheel do work it wouldn't otherwise do.

That's why there is regenerative braking and not regenerative driving. If you're braking, you want to apply resistance to the wheels, so harvesting it makes sense.

Regenerative driving would be shooting yourself in the foot. You would use battery to make the wheels turn, and then put resistance on the wheels to charge the battery, and all you'd get is destroyed range.
But you’d never run out, so who cares about range. I did think about that, but then I thought there are gears as well that could be put in between to make the resistance minimal. Oh well, who knows. I guess if it could work it would be there.

Non liberal

In here, we have a bunch of people who had not even heard of superchargers, don't know what a volt is, etc. then try to tell EV makers how to make a battery charge itself.

Whatever you think you've come up with, they've already thought of it and rejected it for very good reasons.
Your right, they’d never try to screw you out of your hard earned money. Typical liberal thinking.

Non liberal

More infringing on your freedom.

Lol, not just mine, yours too. You and the rest of the fools, who can’t wait for this crap, will just have to wait and see. It’s the beginning of the end.

wilberforce15

But you’d never run out, so who cares about range. I did think about that, but then I thought there are gears as well that could be put in between to make the resistance minimal. Oh well, who knows. I guess if it could work it would be there.
Excuse me? Never run out of what? Are you trying to tell me that you believe in a perpetual motion machine, if a battery recharges itself from the wheels that it put in motion?

wilberforce15

I said supercharger liar. That is what you said earlier. You keep.lieinf and you will keep getting caught.. you mentioned you made a trip to nh. Not me. Liar liar liar.
I opened the door more for you. You can show me a Tesla charger anywhere without food and bathrooms, supercharger or not. However many of them you want to count, they all have food in bathrooms. And that was the question.