Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Ok, I’ll give you that, but it does go to show what can happen if a big company comes in to compete, with byd being relatively new to the car game.
No, it shows what happens when the dictatorial corrupt government of the largest country on Earth decides to play favorites. There's a reason that I haven't mentioned to byd yet.

And that's because China could put Tesla out of business anytime it wants, and that's the biggest threat to the company. China can simply outlaw Tesla's factory and call it a day. Byd gets access to materials that others can't, and subsidies that nobody else can dream of. And they still barely get parity with Tesla.

Byd is a fully supported arm of the Chinese government. It can compete with unlimited support and unlimited materials access.

Toyota and the rest are beyond screwed.

Non liberal

Lol, Toyota is not screwed. They’re too large a company and way too smart. China is a hardworking country but lack the intelligence to compete for too long. The only thing they got going for them is their cheap communist slave labor.

wilberforce15

Lol, Toyota is not screwed. They’re too large a company and way too smart. China is a hardworking country but lack the intelligence to compete for too long. The only thing they got going for them is their cheap communist slave labor.
Slave labor and exclusive access to materials and unlimited taxpayer support, and commie corruption in their corner, will win this game.

vantexan

Yes which is another reason that it was somewhat foolish for Tesla to build a factory in shanghai.

It's popular to say cheaters never win. But that's simply wrong. Cheaters usually win.
China's real estate market is the biggest asset class on Earth and it's imploding. Before long Tesla may need to build that Shanghai plant elsewhere.

Non liberal

They copy or steal
Yes, I was watching a video on John deer tractors, every year there is a tractor show where all the companies display that years latest and greatest. The Chinese come over and go over the new machines with a fine tooth comb, taking notes, pictures so they can take it back to China and remake the same machine for less money. They can’t come up with the technology on their own, they have to steal it.

wilberforce15

China's real estate market is the biggest asset class on Earth and it's imploding. Before long Tesla may need to build that Shanghai plant elsewhere.
Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. China has had chest colds that last longer than the entire existence of the United states. They're going to be just fine. Dictatorial regimes are actually quite efficient at making things happen. None of the normal rules apply.

Is it too late to make a joke about China and respiratory viruses?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yes, I was watching a video on John deer tractors, every year there is a tractor show where all the companies display that years latest and greatest. The Chinese come over and go over the new machines with a fine tooth comb, taking notes, pictures so they can take it back to China and remake the same machine for less money. They can’t come up with the technology on their own, they have to steal it.
Because communism is not conducive to innovation.

wilberforce15

You guys brought up byd. You were extolling the virtues of a competitor to Tesla how good they were and what a big company can do. When I explained why they're able to do this, all of a sudden you get butt hurt and you think they're not any good or that they can't last. I'm agreeing with you. Byd is a big threat. It's just that nobody else is.

Non liberal

You guys brought up byd. You were extolling the virtues of a competitor to Tesla how good they were and what a big company can do. When I explained why they're able to do this, all of a sudden you get butt hurt and you think they're not any good or that they can't last. I'm agreeing with you. Byd is a big threat. It's just that nobody else is.
Just pointing out what’s going to happen when Tesla starts getting competition. People like variety, and quality. I’m not predicting byd or China are going to do anything. I originally thought they were an ev company only.

wilberforce15

Just pointing out what’s going to happen when Tesla starts getting competition. People like variety, and quality. I’m not predicting byd or China are going to do anything. I originally thought they were an ev company only.
Byd and China are the only ones who can do anything. The rest don't have the infrastructure or or factories or supplies. And can't get them.

vantexan

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. China has had chest colds that last longer than the entire existence of the United states. They're going to be just fine. Dictatorial regimes are actually quite efficient at making things happen. None of the normal rules apply.

Is it too late to make a joke about China and respiratory viruses?
Better look again. They've got real estate developers that are hundreds of billions in debt and are defaulting. A lot of that debt is held by foreign banks. Are you familiar with the term contagion?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You need to wake up, China has put all their factories on a war time setting. They are not producing goods for the consumer. They are producing goods for the military..
Byd and China are the only ones who can do anything. The rest don't have the infrastructure or or factories or supplies. And can't get them.