Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

I understand others do. I just don’t think it’s enough for them to keep this kind of growth going. Eventually at some point it will fizzle, and the diversification of the big three will win out. At least that’s my guess.

no, you’re wrong. If gas was a dollar, evs wouldn’t be a blip on the map except for the folks like yourself who the dems managed to brainwash. After the brainwashed sheep buy their ev, that’ll be the end of them
This isn't a theoretical. Every produced Tesla was sold when gas was under 2 bucks.
Gas is not relevant. Make it free. It doesn't matter.
The machine is better. Some love it for liberalism. Some love it for performance. Some love it for posturing or name. It doesn't matter much.

Absolutely nobody spends 60,000 dollars to save 20 bucks vs. a gas pump.

Non liberal

This isn't a theoretical. Every produced Tesla was sold when gas was under 2 bucks.
Gas is not relevant. Make it free. It doesn't matter.
The machine is better. Some love it for liberalism. Some love it for performance. Some love it for posturing or name. It doesn't matter much.

Absolutely nobody spends 60,000 dollars to save 20 bucks vs. a gas pump.
The model s is more like35-40 k isn’t it? Whatever their cheapest model is, is probably the most sold model, because of the price of gas. It’s a niche market, it’s a back and forth to work vehicle because gas is expensive. It can’t do anything else, and it’s certainly not a superior machine. The drivetrain is much simpler, and maybe as far as reliability and speed the drive train is superior, however it’s not a do everything type of machine like an ice is, and untill it can, it’s just not superior, sorry. The battery is the weakness.

wilberforce15

The model s is more like35-40 k isn’t it? Whatever their cheapest model is, is probably the most sold model, because of the price of gas. It’s a niche market, it’s a back and forth to work vehicle because gas is expensive. It can’t do anything else, and it’s certainly not a superior machine. The drivetrain is much simpler, and maybe as far as reliability and speed the drive train is superior, however it’s not a do everything type of machine like an ice is, and untill it can, it’s just not superior, sorry. The battery is the weakness.
The cheapest Tesla is a Model 3, available new now for $48,000.

Tesla can charge whatever it wants, and make 10k+ per vehicle, because people want it. And they can make it more efficiently than anyone in the world.

It has absolutely nothing to do with gas price.

wilberforce15

You know what you do for a Tesla at 3k? 6k? 9k? 12k? 15k miles? 20k miles?

Nothing.
You know when you stop for fuel on the road? Basically never, unless you're driving over 300 miles that day.

It is infinitely more convenient and way more reliable, and removing mechanics from your life is very valuable. Whatever needs come up involve a mobile mechanic.

It's really not close.

wilberforce15

Hahaha, you mean the piece of :censored2: has already gone up $13,000? That’s hillarious, just wait untill even more people buy them.
Well, yes, when a company is doubling production every year, faster than anyone in history has been able to ramp production, and they can still sell everything at a 35% margin?

Yes, that's superiority.

Automotive companies are laden with debt and make under 10% margins. ALL of them.

But Tesla is low debt with 35% margins. That's why it's worth a trillion bucks.

Non liberal

You know what you do for a Tesla at 3k? 6k? 9k? 12k? 15k miles? 20k miles?

Nothing.
You know when you stop for fuel on the road? Basically never, unless you're driving over 300 miles that day.

It is infinitely more convenient and way more reliable, and removing mechanics from your life is very valuable. Whatever needs come up involve a mobile mechanic.

It's really not close.
A mobile mechanic? Sounds extremely expensive. So, how do I take an ev to the mountains, where it is very cold, and no stores around, and stay for two weeks? Nowhere to charge, and a battery is certainly not going to make it 300 miles away as well as drive around for 2 weeks and return home all on the same charge in very cold weather like my ice truck can do. They just aren’t practical, they are not a do everything, superior machine like a petrol vehicle is.

wilberforce15

A mobile mechanic? Sounds extremely expensive. So, how do I take an ev to the mountains, where it is very cold, and no stores around, and stay for two weeks? Nowhere to charge, and a battery is certainly not going to make it 300 miles away as well as drive around for 2 weeks and return home all on the same charge in very cold weather like my ice truck can do. They just aren’t practical, they are not a do everything, superior machine like a petrol vehicle is.
No, at those mileages, it's covered repairs. You don't go anywhere. You pay nothing. And the car is fixed.

Do you regularly stay off-grid with no electricity for 2 weeks?

Nobody does.

Literally nobody. If your place has electricity, then a 10 dollar orange cord solves your problem. This is unbelievably easy.

They're practical for everyone who doesn't have stupidly specific and niche needs. This isn't hard. You just want them not to work.

The problem for you is that they do work. For just about everyone. That's why they're selling millions and doubling every year.

Non liberal

No, at those mileages, it's covered repairs. You don't go anywhere. You pay nothing. And the car is fixed.

Do you regularly stay off-grid with no electricity for 2 weeks?

Nobody does.

Literally nobody. If your place has electricity, then a 10 dollar orange cord solves your problem. This is unbelievably easy.

They're practical for everyone who doesn't have stupidly specific and niche needs. This isn't hard. You just want them not to work.

The problem for you is that they do work. For just about everyone. That's why they're selling millions and doubling every year.
Lol, my cabin doesn’t have electricity, and if I couldn’t take it on my hunting trip, that is a vehicle I will never buy. Your right, I don’t want it to work because it is a ridiculous waste of resources that could be better spent in some other area of need. Not to mention extremely bad for the environment. You see, I don’t like liberal policies, therefore I do not support their policies. Evs are basically their policy, it’s that important to them. Which is why I call u bernie jr.

wilberforce15

Lol, my cabin doesn’t have electricity, and if I couldn’t take it on my hunting trip, that is a vehicle I will never buy. Your right, I don’t want it to work because it is a ridiculous waste of resources that could be better spent in some other area of need. Not to mention extremely bad for the environment. You see, I don’t like liberal policies, therefore I do not support their policies. Evs are basically their policy, it’s that important to them. Which is why I call u bernie jr.
You are one out of less than 100. Why would you ever think you matter?

This is about the market. Not you. Nobody cares if the guy with no electricity at his cabin buys one.

You can think it's a ridiculous waste of resources. I don't even care if you're right. The market doesn't care if you're right. Consumers have decided they like it. And that's the end of the matter.
Your own idiosyncracies are blinding you.

You can hate them. That's fine. But recognizing they are going to win is a no-brainer.

Non liberal

You are one out of less than 100. Why would you ever think you matter?

This is about the market. Not you. Nobody cares if the guy with no electricity at his cabin buys one.

You can think it's a ridiculous waste of resources. I don't even care if you're right. The market doesn't care if you're right. Consumers have decided they like it. And that's the end of the matter.
Your own idiosyncracies are blinding you.

You can hate them. That's fine. But recognizing they are going to win is a no-brainer.
Literally like 50 people I work with are the exact same way and do the exact same thing for at least one week a year.

wilberforce15

Literally like 50 people I work with are the exact same way and do the exact same thing for at least one week a year.
That's awesome!

And irrelevant. Nobody cares about you. Or the 50. Or the 10,000 people in the country who do the same.
This is the innumeracy I was talking about.
Tesla can lose your market forever, and it isn't worth half a bucket of warm piss. It doesn't matter. You, and everyone who does the same, are numerically inconsequential.

Non liberal

But that’s the issue, they will never take over if they can’t do everything. Why? Because we already have something that does everything pretty well. You’re confusing excitement about something new with something that has staying power. As soon as the people who have been waiting for them get one, that’s it. Unless your buddy outlaws gas cars.

wilberforce15

But that’s the issue, they will never take over if they can’t do everything. Why? Because we already have something that does everything pretty well. You’re confusing excitement about something new with something that has staying power. As soon as the people who have been waiting for them get one, that’s it. Unless your buddy outlaws gas cars.
They can absolutely take over everything, while completely ignoring your entire market. Your market is fractions of a percent of users. It's not even a rounding error.
Taking over means being the largest maker in the world, and being the best at anything they choose to do.

Your market is about 157th on their list of priorities, because it is small and irrelevant.

Non liberal

They can absolutely take over everything, while completely ignoring your entire market. Your market is fractions of a percent of users. It's not even a rounding error.
Taking over means being the largest maker in the world, and being the best at anything they choose to do.

Your market is about 157th on their list of priorities, because it is small and irrelevant.
But my market represents an example that is widespread, just not with the same exact circumstances. There are a lot of northern cold climate areas where these vehicles just aren’t ideal. Whatever, we’ll see, there are alot of reasons why I think the peak of evs is close. They’re just not as good a vehicle.

wilberforce15

But my market represents an example that is widespread, just not with the same exact circumstances. There are a lot of northern cold climate areas where these vehicles just aren’t ideal. Whatever, we’ll see, there are alot of reasons why I think the peak of evs is close. They’re just not as good a vehicle.
Northern cold climate areas take up a lot of land mass, but not a lot of the car market. They're also very small, and most of them are quite urban.
Snow prevents long commutes and discourages long road trips. That's why Scandinavia and Canada still show very strong sales, despite lowered performance.

Cold climates are very urban and short-distance.

You are obsessed with things that don't happen, like cold weather long distance people with cabins without electricity. Tesla doesn't care if it loses those markets forever.

85% of new cars sales are electric in NORWAY. This isn't hard. You just want it to be.

wilberforce15

If you think peak EVs is close, you could always put your money where your convictions lie.

Shorting Tesla or buying Put options is very easy, and would change your life with the returns available.
You know, if you actually believed in your thesis and bet on it.

Non liberal

Northern cold climate areas take up a lot of land mass, but not a lot of the car market. They're also very small, and most of them are quite urban.
Snow prevents long commutes and discourages long road trips. That's why Scandinavia and Canada still show very strong sales, despite lowered performance.

Cold climates are very urban and short-distance.

You are obsessed with things that don't happen, like cold weather long distance people with cabins without electricity. Tesla doesn't care if it loses those markets forever.

85% of new cars sales are electric in NORWAY. This isn't hard. You just want it to be.
Lol, Norway.