Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

Bolt production has gone down since 2019. That's because Chevy figured out that they weren't going to make any money on it, and couldn't make any money on it.
2019: 16,419
2020: 20,753
2021: 24,827
2022: 7,305

Looks like they are near the end of their run on the Bolt but they have the bigger, better looking Equinox, Blazer, and Silverado coming out.

wilberforce15

Dec 2021
Fcyd1gDXkAALIfO

Sept 2022
Fcyd1gCWAAYtxAV
There is no contradiction there. He wants the credits to go away, but if they are there he will maximize his company's benefit from them. This is what everyone does with taxes and credits. I don't think certain loopholes should exist, but I will take advantage of every last one of them.

wilberforce15

He also wants to get rid of the credits because Tesla can sell them at a profit without the credits, and nobody else can. So losing the credits would hurt everybody else, but not Tesla

vantexan

A real Texan gives diarrhea to the Mexican food, and calls it the Republic of texas.
You obviously don't know Texas. There's likely not one white or black, and very few Hispanics, whose family was in Texas when the U.S. was founded. And Texas was an independent country for less than 10 years. Millions in Texas have less time in the state than I do. And I intend to be buried there. Probably after getting run over by a self driving Tesla.

wilberforce15

If Tesla built ICE vehicles with the quality/ fit & finish issues they have they would be out of business.

Being EV only seems to make Elon think he can skimp on manufacturing and support.
That's correct, if Tesla built ice vehicles at that quality and price point, they wouldn't last another day in business. Thank you for making the point that EVs are so superior, and Tesla is so superior at making them, that consumers of that quality product at 50 to 80,000 are the happiest consumers in that price range, ahead of Lexus and everybody else. That's because they do what no one else can do. The specs and convenience and ownership experience are more important than any of the quality issues. Consumers have spoken.

And that's why other manufacturers might make EVs with better quality in traditional terms, and nobody is going to buy them, and they won't make any money. They cannot build what Tesla builds at Tesla's price.

Non liberal

It's easier to make a car better than the best Tesla. Anybody can do that. Tesla can make one better than the best Tesla.

But what Toyota can't do is make them in volume, for profit.
They have a reputation, I don’t know if it’s battery cost that is keeping it from happening or just simply not good enough technology. They will not hurt their reputation for anything though. That I do know.

Non liberal

That's correct, if Tesla built ice vehicles at that quality and price point, they wouldn't last another day in business. Thank you for making the point that EVs are so superior, and Tesla is so superior at making them, that consumers of that quality product at 50 to 80,000 are the happiest consumers in that price range, ahead of Lexus and everybody else. That's because they do what no one else can do. The specs and convenience and ownership experience are more important than any of the quality issues. Consumers have spoken.

And that's why other manufacturers might make EVs with better quality in traditional terms, and nobody is going to buy them, and they won't make any money. They cannot build what Tesla builds at Tesla's price.
Lol, Tesla is building the best quality vehicle they can. That’s the problem, not going to be too hard to take business from them.

wilberforce15

They have a reputation, I don’t know if it’s battery cost that is keeping it from happening or just simply not good enough technology. They will not hurt their reputation for anything though. That I do know.
It doesn't really matter what they want. They are 5 years away from scaled, cost-effective EV production. For all I know, they had may end up right in avoiding it. But they are not even attempting to compete, and cannot do so.

wilberforce15

Lol, Tesla is building the best quality vehicle they can. That’s the problem, not going to be too hard to take business from them.
You have entirely missed the point that quality is irrelevant, going to consumers. They want convenience price and performance. And nobody can offer what Tesla can. Any other maker can do quality all that it wants. But it doesn't matter. Because they can't deliver the value that Tesla can, because they don't have the efficient manufacturing to do it. This is why Ford sells $50,000 vehicles for a loss and Tesla sells them for 30% margin.

Non liberal

You have entirely missed the point that quality is irrelevant, going to consumers. They want convenience price and performance. And nobody can offer what Tesla can. Any other maker can do quality all that it wants. But it doesn't matter. Because they can't deliver the value that Tesla can, because they don't have the efficient manufacturing to do it. This is why Ford sells $50,000 vehicles for a loss and Tesla sells them for 30% margin.
But they don’t have convenience or price so…. And just wait till the repair bills start rolling in, lol

wilberforce15

But they don’t have convenience or price so…. And just wait till the repair bills start rolling in, lol
Consumers say that they do. That's why they have the highest buyer satisfaction. And the most repeat customers. And they're the only one selling every car they've ever made. Consumers matter. Not you.

Non liberal

Consumers say that they do. That's why they have the highest buyer satisfaction. And the most repeat customers. And they're the only one selling every car they've ever made. Consumers matter. Not you.
Think about that for a moment. They sold every car, even though they’re all the same. An ev is a ev, there is nothing to separate them. It’s not like you can build different pkgs, different engines, transmissions. The only people buying them are the homers for evs. That’s all they make, that’s the only choice, it’s a limited group of people that will be buying them. Unless they outlaw the use of petrol cars, these companies will go bankrupt if all they offer are evs. That’s why Toyota is smart, by the time they are ready to build evs, Tesla will have to start building ice cars for the other half of the population or they’ll go bankrupt.