Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

People don't part with 50-80 thousand dollars because the government says so, unless they also feel they are receiving tremendous value from it. Even liberals aren't that nuts.

Tesla's value delivered to the consumer is superior, and that's what informs the repeat buyer and customer satisfaction rate.

A person could be deceived into buying one. They can't be deceived into loving it years later and buying another.
Lol, they most certainly do part with that, they are because it’s part of a bigger agenda. And they know that. That’s all people care about anymore, is the way of their political party. Where have you been living the past 5 yrs?

wilberforce15

Lol, they most certainly do part with that, they are because it’s part of a bigger agenda. And they know that. That’s all people care about anymore, is the way of their political party. Where have you been living the past 5 yrs?
There aren't 2 million liberals per year swallowing enough kool-aid to spend a household annual income on a car.

The numbers don't work.
At some point, you're simply going to have to acknowledge that people like the cars because the cars are good.

wilberforce15

And, unlike most gas cars, the average EV gets on the road every day with a pretty full charge. Being stranded without power just isn't a meaningful issue.

wilberforce15

Lol, there’s that many in California alone
Not who can spend a household annual income on a vehicle, there's not.

And besides, this isn't debateable. We know the political distribution of Tesla buyers, and it is only very mildly tilting Democratic.
Tesla has more enemies on the left than on the right.

Non liberal

Not who can spend a household annual income on a vehicle, there's not.

And besides, this isn't debateable. We know the political distribution of Tesla buyers, and it is only very mildly tilting Democratic.
Tesla has more enemies on the left than on the right.
Interesting, what are the numbers? Californians are loaded btw, you have to be just to live there. Unless it’s in San Francisco.

wilberforce15

Interesting, what are the numbers? Californians are loaded btw, you have to be just to live there. Unless it’s in San Francisco.
Data from Strategic Vision, which has surveyed hundreds of thousands of car buyers, shows that since 2019, 38% of Tesla buyers have identified themselves as Democrats, and 30% have said they're Republicans. That's slightly less "liberal" than EV buyers overall, who skew 41% Democratic to 27% Republican.

Non liberal

Yes, which isn't a problem. You have no reason to be fixated on this other than a decade-old understanding of battery capability.
Lol, why isn’t it a problem. How many hours straight can they run? How many miles were you driving before you unexpectedly got caught in that huge accident traffic jam? There are millions of circumstances. An ice vehicle will get you through most of them. It’s called peace of mind.

wilberforce15

Lol, why isn’t it a problem. How many hours straight can they run? How many miles were you driving before you unexpectedly got caught in that huge accident traffic jam? There are millions of circumstances. An ice vehicle will get you through most of them. It’s called peace of mind.
The average ICE vehicle won't last as long, because they all leave home with 1/3 to 2/3 tank. If they're both full, the EV and the gas car will keep you warm in the cabin about the same amount of time, but the average EV leaves home with more fuel.

That's peace of mind. I'm never at 1/4 tank. You're at 1/4 tank all the time.

wilberforce15

I fill up 7 times a week with no errands. You could be caught in something any of those 7 days after you run the errand. That's why it's extra peace of mind to have my full range every day. You only have your full range right after your fillup.

Running heat for over a day and making an average commute is well within reason. Stressing about this is just silly.

vantexan

I fill up 7 times a week with no errands. You could be caught in something any of those 7 days after you run the errand. That's why it's extra peace of mind to have my full range every day. You only have your full range right after your fillup.

Running heat for over a day and making an average commute is well within reason. Stressing about this is just silly.
I've never considered it a big deal to fuel my car. You make it sound like it's an awful chore. A lot of convenience stores these days are nice places to get a drink or use the john. Seriously the last thing that would occur to me is how awful it is to stop and get gas when considering whether to buy an EV. My first consideration is will it save me money. I don't care about zippy performance. If I buy a Prius for half the cost of a Tesla I can buy a heck of a lot of gas before I reach the break even point. As in I'd never reach that break even point even if I had the Prius for 15 years which many owners do. If you prefer to spend your money on the much more expensive Tesla more power to you. I'll be smiling as you zip by me.

Non liberal

The average ICE vehicle won't last as long, because they all leave home with 1/3 to 2/3 tank. If they're both full, the EV and the gas car will keep you warm in the cabin about the same amount of time, but the average EV leaves home with more fuel.

That's peace of mind. I'm never at 1/4 tank. You're at 1/4 tank all the time.
But I can turn the motor on and off for a lot longer then 20hrs. An ice is much more efficient at generating heat. And my gas station isn’t more then a few miles till the next exit. It has been my experience that batteries die faster in the cold or heat. Just like the tfl test, they started with 270 miles of range, they drove 35 miles and already the range was at 210, because of their driving habits. A gas engine is nowhere near that sensitive to driving habits. That is absolutely ridiculous.