Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Yepp, most advance system out there..

It's not just the most advanced system. It is the safest way to move a car, period.

Non liberal

Electric vehicles heat up faster in winter. This is another basic fact you need to just go google. You have to wait until your engine is a little bit warm before you can blow warm air in your gas car.

An electric doesn't. It can blow the hottest it wants, from the time you press the button.
But it uses a lot of your battery. I heat my house with a heatpump. I know how useless they are in the winter.

wilberforce15

But it uses a lot of your battery. I heat my house with a heatpump. I know how useless they are in the winter.
I have no idea why you keep questioning what we have thoroughly shown. You will get well over a day's worth of heat in your cabin,probably over 2, if you are stuck in a whiteout in a tesla.

You are making assumptions, but we have data. This is not debatable.

Non liberal

I have no idea why you keep questioning what we have thoroughly shown. You will get well over a day's worth of heat in your cabin,probably over 2, if you are stuck in a whiteout in a tesla.

You are making assumptions, but we have data. This is not debatable.
Because your an idiot, it all depends on how cold it is. If you think your battery is going to outlast my 38 gallons of gas your delusional.

wilberforce15

Because your an idiot, it all depends on how cold it is. If you think your battery is going to outlast my 38 gallons of gas your delusional.
It doesnt, and I never said it did.
Because the average gas car doesn't have 38 gallons of gas. How dishonest are you?

The average full-tank EV will heat the cabin just as long as the average full-tank gas car.
That's all that was said, and it is thoroughly proven.

And then you bring in 38 gallons of gas out of freakin' nowhere, because you're dishonest or dumb.

Non liberal

It doesnt, and I never said it did.
Because the average gas car doesn't have 38 gallons of gas. How dishonest are you?

The average full-tank EV will heat the cabin just as long as the average full-tank gas car.
That's all that was said, and it is thoroughly proven.

And then you bring in 38 gallons of gas out of freakin' nowhere, because you're dishonest or dumb.
It wouldn’t outlast 15 gallons of gas either. I was just pointing out the huge difference between the two. And no it won’t, it just simply won’t. In no circumstance will a battery unplugged from a wall out last an internal combustion vehicle. Ice are just more reliable, and more independent. There are no apples to apples simulations proving anything,because they are inferior, period. They rely on an exterior power source that simply cannot outlast an ice due to everyday, realworld conditions the driver faces.

wilberforce15

It wouldn’t outlast 15 gallons of gas either. I was just pointing out the huge difference between the two. And no it won’t, it just simply won’t. In no circumstance will a battery unplugged from a wall out last an internal combustion vehicle. Ice are just more reliable, and more independent. There are no apples to apples simulations proving anything,because they are inferior, period. They rely on an exterior power source that simply cannot outlast an ice due to everyday, realworld conditions the driver faces.
Take it up with Car and Driver, or anybody else who has done a sub-freezing test.

This isn't debateable. You are fake news. This is not hard. You just don't like it.
And since the EV will start a traffic jam with more average charge (because most EV owners charge every day), the EV will last longer in most traffic jams.

Most gas cars go about their day with 1/3 to 3/4 of a tank. While most EV's start nearly full.

So, even if you filled up your gas car right before the traffic jam, it is basically even.

vantexan

Take it up with Car and Driver, or anybody else who has done a sub-freezing test.

This isn't debateable. You are fake news. This is not hard. You just don't like it.
And since the EV will start a traffic jam with more average charge (because most EV owners charge every day), the EV will last longer in most traffic jams.

Most gas cars go about their day with 1/3 to 3/4 of a tank. While most EV's start nearly full.

So, even if you filled up your gas car right before the traffic jam, it is basically even.
The article stated that after 40,000 miles the Tesla's battery pack had lost 8% of its capacity. So what if it had 200,000 miles on it? Obviously with capacity degradation it's not going to go as long. And the gas car they used is nowhere near as efficient as a Prius. I seem to recall you saying the Tesla would last a lot longer than a gas car too.