Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Non liberal

I fill up 7 times a week with no errands. You could be caught in something any of those 7 days after you run the errand. That's why it's extra peace of mind to have my full range every day. You only have your full range right after your fillup.

Running heat for over a day and making an average commute is well within reason. Stressing about this is just silly.
This is kind of off the subject, but just for laughs, what do you think the reason is for the big push to electric cars? If they’re actually less green for the environment, and they’re saying we need to make the switch because of global warming, what is the reason for the switch? Just asking your opinion.

wilberforce15

This is kind of off the subject, but just for laughs, what do you think the reason is for the big push to electric cars? If they’re actually less green for the environment, and they’re saying we need to make the switch because of global warming, what is the reason for the switch? Just asking your opinion.
The hard right is completely right about all the reasons the globalist tyrants are so eager for EVs. It's all part of a master, evil plan.

wilberforce15

But I can turn the motor on and off for a lot longer then 20hrs. An ice is much more efficient at generating heat. And my gas station isn’t more then a few miles till the next exit. It has been my experience that batteries die faster in the cold or heat. Just like the tfl test, they started with 270 miles of range, they drove 35 miles and already the range was at 210, because of their driving habits. A gas engine is nowhere near that sensitive to driving habits. That is absolutely ridiculous.
If it's a measure of starting with two full tanks and keeping a cabin warm, they're roughly equivalent in giving you 1.5- days of heat. But the EV usually starts closer to full than the gas car does in real life.

And anybody who lives in a place where 0 degree whiteouts are possible who doesn't carry 0 degree sleeping bags in the trunk is a maroon.

You shouldn't run yours for 20 hours and neither would I, because you never know how long it takes when you're in the middle of it.

wilberforce15

@wilberforce15

I just can't stop laughing.... you just can't let this go.
download (6).jpeg

This is me in this thread. It's stupidly easy to make most of you look dumb. That's fun. And it's a thing to do when bored or when I'm stuck at a computer for other reasons.

Non liberal

If it's a measure of starting with two full tanks and keeping a cabin warm, they're roughly equivalent in giving you 1.5- days of heat. But the EV usually starts closer to full than the gas car does in real life.

And anybody who lives in a place where 0 degree whiteouts are possible who doesn't carry 0 degree sleeping bags in the trunk is a maroon.

You shouldn't run yours for 20 hours and neither would I, because you never know how long it takes when you're in the middle of it.
Which is why I said turn the motor on and off. Since my ice can have the cabin nice and sweaty in about 2 min vs your heat pump with heat tapes I guess. Either your vehicle will be barely warm or it will take a lot longer to heat this running down you dwindling battery life.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

Commercial Inside Release

Yepp, most advance system out there..
That article is completely erroneous. Not about the collisions, but about the way Tesla's (stupidly named) autopilot software works. It is part of a campaign, combined with a number of TV commercials, to mislead the public and damage Tesla.

Complaints about Tesla's autopilot have been brought up before, but went nowhere, because the public has a huge misunderstanding of what autopilot entails. There is a misconception that autopilot allows the operator of a plane, to just push a button and the plane will handle everything, while the pilot goes off and bangs a stewardess in the bathroom. This perception is a massive myth -- the pilot has to remain, since there are many things autopilot can't do. This is why calling Tesla's software "autopilot" is a huge mistake... Because of mythical public perception of what autopilot actually does, in planes (where the public has zero first hand experience.)

The way Tesla's autopilot works, it assumes the driver is there watching, and ready to take the controls if there are any obstructions in the cars path. It is more of a "driver assist" program, than a mythical autopilot program. It only tracks objects around it, moving in the same direction. It does not detect stationary objects in the car's path -- that is the human driver's responsibility.

This is all explained in the manual, and is the reason it clearly states that the autopilot feature is only to be used on divided one-way highways, with exit ramps (everything moving one direction, few stationary objects.)

The problem is, no one reads the manual! They just head off on a two-way, single lane highway with autopilot set while they watch something on their phone, and inevitably slam into a stationary object like a disabled vehicle, partly in the road. There were a bunch of YouTube videos about people riding with autopilot on, while they played cards, ate lunch, watched movies, etc. Several of the YouTubers died, when they slammed into stationary objects on the highway. One of them because a poorly trained truck driver, made an illegal turn in front of him, after crossing the median. Most, if not all of these videos have been pulled. The only place you might be able to see them was on a Frontline (PBS) show, that seems to have been pulled as well (probably due to multiple lawsuits and loss of life.)

Commercial Inside Release

Additional reading.
Tesla Autopilot Fatal Crashes...

I like the part about the Tesla on the highway, travelling at 78mph right underneath a tractor-trailer, ripping the roof off the car (and of course the driver's head,) and continuing to drive on, with no roof, and a headless driver. The headless guy made many YouTube videos, of his distracted driving, clearly oblivious to the manuals instructions.

IMO, the public is too stupid for partial control.

wilberforce15

Which is why I said turn the motor on and off. Since my ice can have the cabin nice and sweaty in about 2 min vs your heat pump with heat tapes I guess. Either your vehicle will be barely warm or it will take a lot longer to heat this running down you dwindling battery life.
Electric vehicles heat up faster in winter. This is another basic fact you need to just go google. You have to wait until your engine is a little bit warm before you can blow warm air in your gas car.

An electric doesn't. It can blow the hottest it wants, from the time you press the button.

wilberforce15

Additional reading.
Tesla Autopilot Fatal Crashes...

I like the part about the Tesla on the highway, travelling at 78mph right underneath a tractor-trailer, ripping the roof off the car (and of course the driver's head,) and continuing to drive on, with no roof, and a headless driver. The headless guy made many YouTube videos, of his distracted driving, clearly oblivious to the manuals instructions.

IMO, the public is too stupid for partial control.
Autopilot is safer than you right now. Without alteration.

wilberforce15

Autopilot is safer than you right now. Without alteration.
This isn't even debatable. Autopilot is many times safer than any of our circle of honor drivers. It will get into spectacular and seemingly stupid and very destructive singular accidents.

But it will also avoid a thousand or 10,000 that others had gotten into, and it won't get any credit for it. You need to measure the highway miles in tens of millions, perhaps hundreds of millions at this point, before you'll find accidents. It is safer than you right now.