Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

@wilberforce15

Do you have the ability, to diagnose and repair problems with your vehicle ?
Yes, with my gas van.

With my EV, what would I need a mechanic for?

The entire maintenance schedule is wipers and tires. I haven't done maintenance or seen a mechanic for two years.

If I needed one, I'd tap some buttons and it would be fixed by a guy who drives to my house.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Yes, with my gas van.

With my EV, what would I need a mechanic for?

The entire maintenance schedule is wipers and tires. I haven't done maintenance or seen a mechanic for two years.

If I needed one, I'd tap some buttons and it would be fixed by a guy who drives to my house.
You have to stop with the outright lying. You know what you are trying to portray. The mobile unit only fixes minor issues.

wilberforce15

You have to stop with the outright lying. You know what you are trying to portray. The mobile unit only fixes minor issues.

Yes, the mobile unit only fixes minor issues. And the vast, vast majority of owners never have major issues.

I have not had either one.

wilberforce15

You guys are failing to realize that the vast, vast majority of Tesla owners basically never use a supercharger, and never see a mechanic. It is infinitely more convenient, and way more reliable. Think about all your time at gas stations and mechanics, and we don't have that.

Electric motors are simply Superior.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You guys are failing to realize that the vast, vast majority of Tesla owners basically never use a supercharger, and never see a mechanic. It is infinitely more convenient, and way more reliable. Think about all your time at gas stations and mechanics, and we don't have that.

You say you use super chargers on trips. You can't keep your stories straight.

vantexan

Refer to my earlier post about fueling. Who cares? I'll wave to you from my Prius as you zip by knowing all the money I'm saving.

wilberforce15

You've repeatedly called hybrids junk. A reliable car that'll cost me a lot less than a Tesla isn't junk.

They're the worst of both worlds in performance. But they also can be quite cheap and the right choice for some.

If you all you care about is money, the first choice is a beater used gas car, and then a relatively late model hybrid.

In a thread about Tesla, somebody who cares about money should just show himself the door.

vantexan

They're the worst of both worlds in performance. But they also can be quite cheap and the right choice for some.

If you all you care about is money, the first choice is a beater used gas car, and then a relatively late model hybrid.

In a thread about Tesla, somebody who cares about money should just show himself the door.
I'm guessing your idea of performance is speed? Mine is reliability and economy. And a beater used car is neither reliable or economical beyond its initial purchase price.

wilberforce15

This is the way innovation works. First the very rich get something. Then the rich get something. Then the upper middle class gets something. Then the middle class gets something. And then it trickles down to the lower middle class. And then, finally, poor people have it. Look at the smartphone.

This is how it works. It will be a decade or more likely two, before you see a poor person in an EV. And it might be a robo taxi.

No new technology is affordable by the poor or middle class when it is young.