Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

This is the way innovation works. First the very rich get something. Then the rich get something. Then the upper middle class gets something. Then the middle class gets something. And then it trickles down to the lower middle class. And then, finally, poor people have it. Look at the smartphone.

This is how it works. It will be a decade or more likely two, before you see a poor person in an EV. And it might be a robo taxi.

No new technology is affordable by the poor or middle class when it is young.
Somebody should have explained that to Henry Ford. People in the middle class buy things like 4k tv's and iPhones when they're expensive all the time. Just a matter of their priorities. First adopters doesn't necessarily mean wealthy people.

vantexan

I just explained it like you were five. It might be a bit advanced, but please try.
No, you did not oh brave keyboard warrior. Let's face it, when you take in reliability and costs the Toyota Prius is superior to the Tesla. Every time. But I guess overgrown teenagers like to go vroom vroom.

wilberforce15

Somebody should have explained that to Henry Ford. People in the middle class buy things like 4k tv's and iPhones when they're expensive all the time. Just a matter of their priorities. First adopters doesn't necessarily mean wealthy people.
Large scale first adoption does mean wealthier people. 4K TVs and Henry Ford's cars went through this exact same process. Henry Ford was part of what brought it down to the middle class.

This is why your mathematical illiteracy matters. You have no concept of scale or numbers. You know some poor people who had 4K TVs early, but you have no sense of the size of the market, the size of the poor population, or how things actually trickled through the population. I feel like I have to explain all of society to you because you were that ignorant

wilberforce15

This is just like you morons who thought that heavy long towing was a regular thing in america. That's because you know people who do it, and you do it yourself. But you have no idea how society works.

I then took RV and trailer ownership numbers, and industry surveys, and I showed you that it was less than a fraction of a percent of the population who does long haul heavy towing. You didn't care, because you like to stay ignorant.

vantexan

Large scale first adoption does mean wealthier people. 4K TVs and Henry Ford's cars went through this exact same process. Henry Ford was part of what brought it down to the middle class.

This is why your mathematical illiteracy matters. You have no concept of scale or numbers. You know some poor people who had 4K TVs early, but you have no sense of the size of the market, the size of the poor population, or how things actually trickled through the population. I feel like I have to explain all of society to you because you were that ignorant
Henry Ford didn't sell exclusively to the rich at first. And guess what. There's a lot more, a lot more, middle class than wealthy. If Apple had to depend on just the wealthy at first they'd have collapsed long ago. Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean he's always going to go for the expensive new tech. And plenty of solid middle class people set aside what they need to in order to have that prized new tech. To say they're all waiting for the price to come down is massively uninformed. But now if you're talking about a $50k+ car, and way up from there, yeah there are limits to what middle class buyers can do. But plenty of people in the top 20% income earners are buying them, no doubt.

vantexan

This is just like you morons who thought that heavy long towing was a regular thing in america. That's because you know people who do it, and you do it yourself. But you have no idea how society works.

I then took RV and trailer ownership numbers, and industry surveys, and I showed you that it was less than a fraction of a percent of the population who does long haul heavy towing. You didn't care, because you like to stay ignorant.
A fraction of a percent? You're off your rocker. Millions of RVers plus millions of farmers plus millions of contractors.

wilberforce15

Henry Ford didn't sell exclusively to the rich at first. And guess what. There's a lot more, a lot more, middle class than wealthy. If Apple had to depend on just the wealthy at first they'd have collapsed long ago. Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean he's always going to go for the expensive new tech. And plenty of solid middle class people set aside what they need to in order to have that prized new tech. To say they're all waiting for the price to come down is massively uninformed. But now if you're talking about a $50k+ car, and way up from there, yeah there are limits to what middle class buyers can do. But plenty of people in the top 20% income earners are buying them, no doubt.
Well, here we go again with you being determined to stay ignorant and also unable to understand English.
Henry Ford really got going after the car had already been a playtoy exclusively for the rich for 20 years. Henry Ford came late in the game, and helped move it down the wealth ladder.

Apple did the same, on a crunched time frame because development was easier. This is how 4k tv's worked. They all follow the same process, but the time frame varies based on the tech.

I'm explaining now only for the benefit of the crowd. Your head has a forcefield against information.

wilberforce15

A fraction of a percent? You're off your rocker. Millions of RVers plus millions of farmers plus millions of contractors.
There's the English and the numbers again. You can throw out the contractors and farmers, because the conversation was about pickup trucks and EV's towing drawbacks. So, there goes the English skill.

A meaningful proportion of RV's are not towed by a tow vehicle, and those are out. And then a strong majority of those RV's remaining are not towed any meaningful distance within a given year.

Now you're up to speed. Now you'll forget it in about 5 seconds again. Squirrel!

wilberforce15

Now you're already composing another irrelevant post about how the context of the statement didn't matter, you'll pull a quote about towing, then connect it to contractors and farmers, and then you'll say I didn't specify, and then you'll dance around like you won the Special Olympics.

That post will appear in 4...3...2....1....

Right below this.

vantexan

Well, here we go again with you being determined to stay ignorant and also unable to understand English.
Henry Ford really got going after the car had already been a playtoy exclusively for the rich for 20 years. Henry Ford came late in the game, and helped move it down the wealth ladder.

Apple did the same, on a crunched time frame because development was easier. This is how 4k tv's worked. They all follow the same process, but the time frame varies based on the tech.

I'm explaining now only for the benefit of the crowd. Your head has a forcefield against information.
But I said tell that to Henry Ford because he was the one who made it for the masses. Not cottage industry car builders. And again you saying only the wealthy are early adopters on expensive tech is demonstrably false. Tesla better get those affordable EV's in gear because the other car companies aren't going to sit on their hands.

Non liberal

Take it up with Car and Driver, or anybody else who has done a sub-freezing test.

This isn't debateable. You are fake news. This is not hard. You just don't like it.
And since the EV will start a traffic jam with more average charge (because most EV owners charge every day), the EV will last longer in most traffic jams.

Most gas cars go about their day with 1/3 to 3/4 of a tank. While most EV's start nearly full.

So, even if you filled up your gas car right before the traffic jam, it is basically even.
Um yeah…. I fail to see where I was wrong and you were right lol, wtf. I told you that thing
Take it up with Car and Driver, or anybody else who has done a sub-freezing test.

This isn't debateable. You are fake news. This is not hard. You just don't like it.
And since the EV will start a traffic jam with more average charge (because most EV owners charge every day), the EV will last longer in most traffic jams.

Most gas cars go about their day with 1/3 to 3/4 of a tank. While most EV's start nearly full.

So, even if you filled up your gas car right before the traffic jam, it is basically even.
Are you reading something different then I am? That 15 gallon gas car lasted 7 hrs longer then the Tesla at full charge. Your right, this isn’t hard making you look this damn bad! Fake news bernie jr.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Um yeah…. I fail to see where I was wrong and you were right lol, wtf. I told you that thing

Are you reading something different then I am? That 15 gallon gas car lasted 7 hrs longer then the Tesla at full charge. Your right, this isn’t hard making you look this damn bad! Fake news bernie jr.
Wilma is never wrong. 😂

Non liberal

The article stated that after 40,000 miles the Tesla's battery pack had lost 8% of its capacity. So what if it had 200,000 miles on it? Obviously with capacity degradation it's not going to go as long. And the gas car they used is nowhere near as efficient as a Prius. I seem to recall you saying the Tesla would last a lot longer than a gas car too.
No where near the efficiency of a Prius. It can’t even beat a run of the mill Hyundai. A 50k car against a 30k car

wilberforce15

Yes and if the gas card was at 80% of a tank, which the vast majority of drivers start their day with less than that, then the Tesla would last longer. Most EVs always charge every day and start with a high level of charge. Most gas owners let the tank get very low. I'm completely right in telling you that it is 1.5 to 2 days of keeping the cabin warm for the average user. Which equals the functional experience of most gas cars. I like being right but even after the 78th time in the same topic it gets a little old

wilberforce15

No where near the efficiency of a Prius. It can’t even beat a run of the mill Hyundai. A 50k car against a 30k car
It beats that Hyundai at everything. Except getting lost in the snow with a full tank of gas. As I've said, you guys are fixated on the stupidest things, and you don't even know how to measure those stupid things
The average whiteout safety is equal or better in the Tesla

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Yes and if the gas card was at 80% of a tank, which the vast majority of drivers start their day with less than that, then the Tesla would last longer. Most EVs always charge every day and start with a high level of charge. Most gas owners let the tank get very low. I'm completely right in telling you that it is 1.5 to 2 days of keeping the cabin warm for the average user. Which equals the functional experience of most gas cars. I like being right but even after the 78th time in the same topic it gets a little old
No they don't. Liar.. you are so full of it.

wilberforce15

But that would mean I have to start being nice to you guys. If you are actually retarded, then it is mean to call you retards. And it is mean to treat you like you are voluntarily being retarded.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Most people in America have electricity and they at least own Orange chords. You are so fantastically ignorant I'm actually starting to believe it's not even intentional. You might actually be this dumb.
Lol, liars are always liars. Good to know you never left here upstate. Also you might want to wash your memory card. You truly look up some sick stuff.