Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

wilberforce15

Obviously not largely because I sent you their website. And yes, as a general rule, new cars are not for normal working people it’s a good way to stay poor forever and in a payment. I can go out tomorrow and buy a Tesla if I really wanted to but I don’t see any value in making another human being richer. Just so I can have a shiny new toy.
Yes, they are largely excluded from the tax benefits. They're highlighting the one or two ways they're not being discriminated against by the tax credit.

Your attitude is healthy and good, and it's probably why you are financially stable. I just don't find it relevant to determining anything about the market. You're not normal.

Thebrownblob

Yes, they are largely excluded from the tax benefits. They're highlighting the one or two ways they're not being discriminated against by the tax credit.

Your attitude is healthy and good, and it's probably why you are financially stable. I just don't find it relevant to determining anything about the market. You're not normal.
And I’m not arguing with you that Tesla is a good investment.
The reason it’s a really good investment is because there’s a lot of people that are buying them probably should not. And it’s good not to be normal that’s why I’m not broke, Yet. The powers that be are working on that though. The car market is getting ready to tank $700 to over $1000 a month payments and the repos will be out of this world. Who knows maybe I’ll pick up a Tesla for 1/3 of the price eventually. I love cars and motorcycles. I think Teslas are pretty neat. I just don’t see value for myself at the price of new.

wilberforce15

And I’m not arguing with you that Tesla is a good investment.
The reason it’s a really good investment is because there’s a lot of people that are buying them probably should not. And it’s good not to be normal that’s why I’m not broke, Yet. The powers that be are working on that though. The car market is getting ready to tank 700 to over $1000 a month payments and the repos will be out of this world. Who knows maybe I’ll pick up a Tesla for 1/3?of the price eventually. I love cars and motorcycles. I think Teslas are pretty neat. I just don’t see value for myself at the price of new.
I don't think you'll ever see a Tesla at 1/3 the cost.
You can take a 2010 model and it isn't at that much of a discount.
And its specs are still better than other folks have offered new.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Toyota is thinking about doing restomods ( restoration & modernization ) of existing models.
Why build a new platform for an EV when older units can be converted ?

Thebrownblob

You can get a salvage title on an obliterated Model 3, if it's very old, for maybe 30% off retail, lol.
I have a friend who has a dealer, and I go to the auctions with him sometimes. There were some great deals a few years ago, and for the last couple years, not so many but they’re coming back even now. I’ve never seen a Tesla go very cheap in all honesty.

Thebrownblob

Toyota is thinking about doing restomods ( restoration & modernization ) of existing models.
Some of those four-cylinder Toyota engines are absolutely bulletproof. They’re nothing fancy I get it but my God they just keep going and going.

wilberforce15

Because conversion is twice the cost and half the effectiveness of building it new.
Ask anyone who has done the conversion or attempting it. It's AWESOME for specialty cars.
I want a 70s friend-150 converted. I'd love to convert an old hot rod. That's what it's for.

Conversion ruins everything. It's nearly impossible and everything will be double the cost of the equivalent specs done in a new car.

Thebrownblob

Because conversion is twice the cost and half the effectiveness of building it new.
Ask anyone who has done the conversion or attempting it. It's AWESOME for specialty cars.
I want a 70s friend-150 converted. I'd love to convert an old hot rod. That's what it's for.

Conversion ruins everything. It's nearly impossible and everything will be double the cost of the equivalent specs done in a new car.
Very true it just takes too much time as well

Thebrownblob

You'll lose A/C, heat, all computer functionality. Everything is so integrated. All panel stuff gets screwed. It takes an unbelievable amount of work from a real expert to do it, if you want a decent result.
I love watching those car restoration shows that redo a complete car in an hour. Lol we both know it’s a car No one will ever be able to sell and get all their money back. Still cool. But definitely not cost-effective.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Some of those four-cylinder Toyota engines are absolutely bulletproof. They’re nothing fancy I get it but my God they just keep going and going.
I'm on my 4th Toyota since 1996.
The last 3 vehicles , which none had any engine failures, were still running when I got rid of them.
The bodies of these vehicles rusted away .

Thebrownblob

I'm on my 4th Toyota since 1996.
The last 3 vehicles , which none had any engine failures, were still running when I got rid of them.
The bodies of these vehicles rusted away .
Bingo we have a 2002 Toyota Corolla still in the family. All my kids have driven it in high school and has 290,000 miles on it. The only thing I’ve ever done a spark plugs, coil packs oil change, and tires. It won’t die and I’m not sure what to do with it at this point lol.

vantexan

Sales have doubled every year for a decade, and there is a waiting line out the door and around the corner.

They're expanding production faster than anyone in history, and they cannot keep up with demand.

What universe are you in where nobody uses or wants this?
Owning an electric vehicle saves time and adds convenience.

I'm a perfectly normal example. I haven't been to a mechanic in 2 years, and I don't use public charging stations except for 2 or 3 road trips per year. You waste more time taking care of fuel for your gas car than I spend fueling my EV.

Owning a gas car is incredibly inconvenient and wastes time.

You keep saying it is inconvenient and nobody wants them. I'm proving to you it's more convenient and that's why demand is through the roof.
And yet one can plug in a PHEV like a Prius and do everything necessary on most trips on just electric for half the cost of a Tesla. Even charging costs would be considerably less and doesn't take nearly as long. So why buy a Tesla?

Thebrownblob

And yet one can plug in a PHEV like a Prius and do everything necessary on most trips on just electric for half the cost of a Tesla. Even charging costs would be considerably less and doesn't take nearly as long. So why buy a Tesla?
We have a Prius as well, it’s my wife’s I don’t drive it I swear 😜

wilberforce15

Because some people aren't interested in cost minimization as their primary goal.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Bingo we have a 2002 Toyota Corolla still in the family. All my kids have driven it in high school and has 290,000 miles on it. The only thing I’ve ever done a spark plugs, coil packs oil change, and tires. It won’t die and I’m not sure what to do with it at this point lol.
Was it built in Japan ?
The VIN should start with ' J ".
Vehicles built in Japan from 2000-2008, were the cream of the crop.
Even today they have a strong following.