Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Embark Trucks laid off 70% of its workers on Friday and may liquidate. The first autonomous trucking company to haul freight cross country under robot control is closing offices in Houston and Southern California.

qdg2

Embark Trucks laid off 70% of its workers on Friday and may liquidate. The first autonomous trucking company to haul freight cross country under robot control is closing offices in Houston and Southern California.
Wait........a.......dang.........minute here.

How could this be?

We've been told right here....on BC.....that the skies will be filled with automation.........platooning trucks.....self-loading trucks.....lay-offs by the millions to ......robotics.....AI.

The article related that it's founder suggested a "OEM" partner was needed.....(money). I thought the removal of drivers was so lucrative.........

I've repeatedly asked who was going to pay for and implement all the new infrastructure needed for this stuff.....

Anyone?

BTW, noticed the talk of water pumping from the East to the West and desal?

How power intensive it would be......

And how everything in the West is going to electrification.....while not even being able to keep the lights on now?

While Gavin Newsom spews about punishing Walgreens....

Democrat liberals....please explain.

How will they power the $10 billion high speed rail to Vegas?

Liberals hate natural gas and nuclear. They are shutting down both.

vantexan

How could this be?

We've been told right here....on BC.....that the skies will be filled with automation.........platooning trucks.....self-loading trucks.....lay-offs by the millions to ......robotics.....AI.

The article related that it's founder suggested a "OEM" partner was needed.....(money). I thought the removal of drivers was so lucrative.........

I've repeatedly asked who was going to pay for and implement all the new infrastructure needed for this stuff.....

Anyone?

And how everything in the West is going to electrification.....while not even being able to keep the lights on now?

QDG2 in 1910: "Get a horse!"

Thebrownblob

How could this be?

Anyone?

I do find it extremely hilarious and ironic, that this company that looked to put people out of work by taking driving jobs, is now being put out of work their selves.
I hope, while they’re cleaning their desks out, the full impact of the irony, smashes them like a tidal wave.😂

Non liberal

How could this be?

Anyone?

layoffs by the millions are coming unfortunately. Because one company fails you think all companies are done with automation? Lol. You’re delusional if that’s the case. Look up krogers and their grocery picking robots they now have in their warehouses. Robots are coming for all of our jobs. It’s just a matter of time. They are smarter, healthier, faster, work harder, and live forever. They are cheaper, and that’s all that matters. And I’m sorry but the only outcome I can come up with doesn’t include most of the worlds population. As quick as people are to kill you for the sneakers you are wearing, or to unleash a deadly virus on its population, do you really think the rich and elite will keep us around when they have robots to do everything for them? There won’t be any need for money. They’ll have all the free labor they’ll need.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
History 101...
Henry Ford walked over to his office window and looked out at the paring lot used by his factory workers. It was filled with horses and buggy's.
In Jan of 2014, he asked his secretary why his plant workers did not drive the Model T's they were building. She replied they can't afford one.
He doubled their pay to $5.00 a day. They bought the cars and everybody wanted to work for Ford.

rod

Retired 23 years
History 101...
Henry Ford walked over to his office window and looked out at the paring lot used by his factory workers. It was filled with horses and buggy's.
In Jan of 2014, he asked his secretary why his plant workers did not drive the Model T's they were building. She replied they can't afford one.
He doubled their pay to $5.00 a day. They bought the cars and everybody wanted to work for Ford.
I thought you were going to say "because they are Fords".

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
History 101...
Annnnd then the repairs began.

Non liberal

Who will fix all these robots { anything built by man will breakdown }, other robots ?
Besides, eliminating 300 warehouse jobs and keeping 10 mechanic jobs is a pretty good deal for the company. Don’t you think? But yes, eventually other robots will be the mechanics as well.

qdg2

Besides, eliminating 300 warehouse jobs and keeping 10 mechanic jobs is a pretty good deal for the company. Don’t you think? But yes, eventually other robots will be the mechanics as well.
Sleep easy. Not in your lifetime.
Show me the technology that exists to load or unload or deliver a feeder or pkg car. Today not in a movie.

Non liberal

Show me the technology that exists to load or unload or deliver a feeder or pkg car. Today not in a movie.
Maybe, maybe not. Just do a google search and see for yourself all the companies who are already doing it. It’s not if it takes over, it’s when. Like I said before, everyone’s job is on the chopping block.

Attachments

• 6785D1DC-52BA-4540-BA2B-30524E76C420.png
    6785D1DC-52BA-4540-BA2B-30524E76C420.png
    803.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 32662626-73D2-4D70-BEEC-2CA7A0198CE8.png
    32662626-73D2-4D70-BEEC-2CA7A0198CE8.png
    346.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 640A4558-6AC5-4C05-A3CF-8469970BEE1E.png
    640A4558-6AC5-4C05-A3CF-8469970BEE1E.png
    707.1 KB · Views: 27

Non liberal

Loading and unloading plan already in motion.

Attachments

• 74A54FCF-C1AB-4542-BF78-4C5DB3904C44.png
    74A54FCF-C1AB-4542-BF78-4C5DB3904C44.png
    900.2 KB · Views: 30

qdg2

Loading and unloading plan already in motion.
Ever worked at UPS?
Witnessed the myriad of box possibilities irregs etc?

Now tell us more.

Compare reality to that commercial UPS so disingenuously produced of the perfect pkg car. Perfectly symetrical boxes and load quality. Life ain't like that and life don't have AI.
The boxes may get sorted auto but they can't be loaded or delivered. That includes driving.

Sleep easy.