Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

Sleep easy. Not in your lifetime.
Show me the technology that exists to load or unload or deliver a feeder or pkg car. Today not in a movie.
When I was in the Air Force sitting in an office with 3 other guys an old sergeant told us it used to take 30 guys to do what we were doing with computers. And that was back when computers were slow. Probably got one guy doing it now. There are things that only a human can do. But the point is technology has advanced to the point that it can not only make it possible for one person to do a task that once took many, eliminating jobs, but it is being developed to eliminate as many jobs as possible that people are still doing at this point. Including white collar desk jobs. Where else have we lost jobs in this country? Jobs shipped overseas due to lower labor costs. A lot of those will be eliminated too. There's a perennial shortage of truckers. Automated trucks will not only solve that but eliminate a lot of trucking jobs. The list is endless. What you may have is a black market or a huge number of cottage industries develop to create things people want that'll offset not being able to get a job in areas where jobs have been eliminated. But the big companies are going to do everything possible to increase profits.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Ever worked at UPS?
Witnessed the myriad of box possibilities irregs etc?

Now tell us more.

Compare reality to that commercial UPS so disingenuously produced of the perfect pkg car. Perfectly symetrical boxes and load quality. Life ain't like that and life don't have AI.
The boxes may get sorted auto but they can't be loaded or delivered. That includes driving.

Sleep easy.
🤣

Thebrownblob

I remember when UPS started groundtrack in the early 90s, and we were scanning packages with this giant scanner strapped on your waist, one package at a time.

Some manager, who came from somewhere else who was in charge of starting that service, which was originally something you had to pay for, told me eventually every package would be scanned as it made its way through our system. Giving real time updates to customers. At that time I think we all laughed. I thought it was pretty funny and never possible.

Non liberal

Ever worked at UPS?
Witnessed the myriad of box possibilities irregs etc?

Now tell us more.

Compare reality to that commercial UPS so disingenuously produced of the perfect pkg car. Perfectly symetrical boxes and load quality. Life ain't like that and life don't have AI.
The boxes may get sorted auto but they can't be loaded or delivered. That includes driving.

Sleep easy.
Lol, Google the article and read it. That’s right around the corner. Do you work for ups? Do you know they made like 30billion dollars last year? Money talks and bull:censored2: walks! If you throw enough money at something, somebody will figure it out pretty damn fast!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I remember when UPS started groundtrack in the early 90s, and we were scanning packages with this giant scanner strapped on your waist, one package at a time.

Some manager, who came from somewhere else who was in charge of starting that service, which was originally something you had to pay for, told me eventually every package would be scanned as it made its way through our system. Giving real time updates to customers. At that time I think we all laughed. I thought it was pretty funny and never possible.
Yep

pkgdriver

495FB6AD-5D99-4C7C-B295-6035EB657D58.jpeg

qdg2

Lol, Google the article and read it. That’s right around the corner. Do you work for ups? Do you know they made like 30billion dollars last year? Money talks and bull:censored2: walks! If you throw enough money at something, somebody will figure it out pretty damn fast!
Right around the corner....sure.

When I was in the Air Force sitting in an office with 3 other guys an old sergeant told us it used to take 30 guys to do what we were doing with computers. And that was back when computers were slow. Probably got one guy doing it now. There are things that only a human can do. But the point is technology has advanced to the point that it can not only make it possible for one person to do a task that once took many, eliminating jobs, but it is being developed to eliminate as many jobs as possible that people are still doing at this point. Including white collar desk jobs. Where else have we lost jobs in this country? Jobs shipped overseas due to lower labor costs. A lot of those will be eliminated too. There's a perennial shortage of truckers. Automated trucks will not only solve that but eliminate a lot of trucking jobs. The list is endless. What you may have is a black market or a huge number of cottage industries develop to create things people want that'll offset not being able to get a job in areas where jobs have been eliminated. But the big companies are going to do everything possible to increase profits.
Losing jobs oversees are still being done by humans....just paid slave wages and live in a cardboard shack. Or a broken down Prius....

Again......we aren't anywhere close to self-driving, loading, delivering anything.

Ok. Scanned right up to being loaded....or delivered or picked up. Gonna be that way for a long time.

Non liberal

Right around the corner....sure.

Losing jobs oversees are still being done by humans....just paid slave wages and live in a cardboard shack. Or a broken down Prius....

Again......we aren't anywhere close to self-driving, loading, delivering anything.

Ok. Scanned right up to being loaded....or delivered or picked up. Gonna be that way for a long time.
Again… I already showed you the article of the companies already doing autonomous delivery.

bacha29

The public will end up driving the vehicles manufacturers make available and regardless of the fuel source that vehicle will cost more to own and operate that the one that proceeded it.