Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

qdg2

Hey, I was 17 and my pos '67 Mustang broke down one time too many. My dad found the Gremlin for me to get me to sell the Mustang. Had it for a year and got a '74 Gran Torino. My all time favorite of cars I've owned.
Had a guy in town that had the Starsky and Hutch paint job Torino. It was fancy. Unfortunately the local pd frowned on him driving it like they(S&H) did.

qdg2

Mine was a four door. Not sporty but good power and a very nice back seat.
We had several in town and remember even then....how huge they were. How they really wallowed around corners. But even my Mom's 4 door Chrysler Newport would go 120 mph...that's all I had the courage to try......we had a long stretch of straight road that was only patrolled by the Sheriff(rarely) and would often pin it on the way home Friday nights.....

It had an ENORMOUS backseat that was uninterrupted......I hated yet loved that car as it became my high school ride....great heat and air for uh "cruising"....funny though....my parents gave me a gas credit card and we never ever talked about mpg...it was what it was. As long as I brought home bread and milk(somehow I became the shopper)....never a word. Great times.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We had several in town and remember even then....how huge they were. How they really wallowed around corners. But even my Mom's 4 door Chrysler Newport would go 120 mph...that's all I had the courage to try......we had a long stretch of straight road that was only patrolled by the Sheriff(rarely) and would often pin it on the way home Friday nights.....

It had an ENORMOUS backseat that was uninterrupted......I hated yet loved that car as it became my high school ride....great heat and air for uh "cruising"....
Had a nice 71 impala. Back seat was like a twin bed.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • Beidi Chambers and her daughter, Elyse died on the afternoon of June 14 when their Tesla model Y fatally crashed into a tree and went up in flames
  • The pair were driving to a doctor's appointment just minutes from their home

rod

Retired 23 years

It had an ENORMOUS backseat that was uninterrupted......I hated yet loved that car as it became my high school ride....great heat and air for uh "cruising"....funny though....my parents gave me a gas credit card and we never ever talked about mpg...it was what it was. As long as I brought home bread and milk(somehow I became the shopper)....never a word. Great times.
spoiled brat

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A UK study led by the University of Leeds found the average electric car puts 2.24 times more stress on roads than a similar petrol vehicle – and 1.95 more than a diesel. Larger electric vehicles can cause up to 2.32 times more damage to roads.

The stress on roads causes greater movement of asphalt which can lead to small cracks and eventually expand into potholes with local government authorities left to repair the damage.

Impact is even bigger with larger EVs, which can lead to up to 2.32 times more damage to road infrastructure, according to the report as outlined by the Daily Telegraph.

The increased weight of EVs can be primarily attributed to their heavy batteries, which can weigh up to 500 kilograms.