Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Box Ox

Agreed.

I wonder if Elon Musk is trying to tank EVs on purpose by building such horrible vehicles?

Teslas actually seem to be better than other EVs. You just have to read the article you posted.

“Tesla scored a reliability score of 40/100, while electric vehicles overall scored 36/100. It isn’t all bad news for Tesla; its score matches the average for domestic automakers, the company was able to improve its ranking by four places compared to last year, and none of its vehicles made it to the list of 10 least reliable vehicles in America. A list that notably included the popular Hyundai Kona EV scoring 5/100.”

rickyb

Teslas actually seem to be better than other EVs. You just have to read the article you posted.

“Tesla scored a reliability score of 40/100, while electric vehicles overall scored 36/100. It isn’t all bad news for Tesla; its score matches the average for domestic automakers, the company was able to improve its ranking by four places compared to last year, and none of its vehicles made it to the list of 10 least reliable vehicles in America. A list that notably included the popular Hyundai Kona EV scoring 5/100.”
you listen to your obi wan!!! and CR

Commercial Inside Release

Don't get any damage to a Tesla.
'bout 2mil miles without an accident... But, I suppose it could get hit, while I'm stuffing a Baconator in my mouth with both hands.

Attachments

• Baconator.jpg
    Baconator.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 28

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Colorado has a Cash for Clunkers Program.
So far only 45 have signed on.

The Colorado electric vehicle cash-for-clunkers program offers $6,000 in extra rebates available to the first few hundred people who sign up and are willing to turn in an older fossil-fuel powered car. Those participating in Vehicle Exchange Colorado must apply the $6,000 toward a qualifying new or leased electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, or take $4,000 off a used EV.
There’s a multi-part test for this answer. First, you have to be income-qualified, meaning you make less than 80% of the median income in your county, or have already qualified for a government assistance program like Medicaid or SNAP food benefits.

Second, you have to purchase a new or used EV that costs less than $50,000 from a dealer qualified to be in the state rebate program. The vehicle must be zero- or ultra-low emissions, meaning a fully electric battery-only EV, or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. Used EVs get a $4,000 rebate. New car seekers can also get the rebate applied to a lease instead of an outright purchase.

Third, the fossil-fuel powered car you turn in must be fully owned, and either 12 years old (2011 model year for this year’s rebate) or have failed a recent emissions test. It must be running — no “push, pull or tow” for this new program.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

ontario is run by a guy who looks and is probably corrupt like trump

manitoba next door does not put salt on their roads. much better for rust i think.
I see Bulk carriers ships arriving in the port of Boston on a regular basis, every few days.
Most are coming from South America to offload road salt.
We have several large piles of salt within the port area just waiting for trucks to disperse all of it to other communities.
I'm sure if you looked at some of your ports, you would see the same things.
Nothing is going to replace road salt, it's cheap and quite effective for the needed job.

rickyb

I see Bulk carriers ships arriving in the port of Boston on a regular basis, every few days.
Most are coming from South America to offload road salt.
We have several large piles of salt within the port area just waiting for trucks to disperse all of it to other communities.
I'm sure if you looked at some of your ports, you would see the same things.
Nothing is going to replace road salt, it's cheap and quite effective for the needed job.
Manitoba doesnt use it