Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Congress at the urging of the Biden administration agreed in 2021 to spend $7.5 billion to build tens of thousands of electric vehicle chargers across the country, aiming to appease anxious drivers while tackling climate change.

Two years later, the program has yet to install a single charger.

newolddude

Image 22.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Self-driving truck tech company TuSimple will cut 75% of their U.S. workforce, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The layoffs will affect about 150 workers.

The remaining TuSimple staff of 50 U.S. workers will “will focus on winding down the Company’s U.S. operations, including through sales of U.S. assets, and assisting with the Company’s strategic shift to the Asia-Pacific region.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy

How long does it REALLY take to save money on an electric car? They’re more expensive to buy but supposedly cheaper to run yet experts warn it can take up to a DECADE to break even - as EV drivers say they regret investing​

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tesla dramatically dropping the retail prices of its electric vehicles has perhaps been a boon for some of its customers, but the fleet buyers have found the move a bit unnerving. Following the news that Hertz would slow its purchases from Tesla, German competitor Sixt is going a step further, discontinuing purchases of Tesla EVs and selling off the Teslas it does have. According to the report from Bloomberg, the bright orange rental company is showing major losses on its EV rental program this year simply because of the tanking residual values of its held stock of cars.

oldngray

nowhere special
Tesla dramatically dropping the retail prices of its electric vehicles has perhaps been a boon for some of its customers, but the fleet buyers have found the move a bit unnerving. Following the news that Hertz would slow its purchases from Tesla, German competitor Sixt is going a step further, discontinuing purchases of Tesla EVs and selling off the Teslas it does have. According to the report from Bloomberg, the bright orange rental company is showing major losses on its EV rental program this year simply because of the tanking residual values of its held stock of cars.
Who would want to buy a used EV when you would soon be looking at an expensive battery replacement?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

How long does it REALLY take to save money on an electric car? They’re more expensive to buy but supposedly cheaper to run yet experts warn it can take up to a DECADE to break even - as EV drivers say they regret investing​

I yell at EV owners when I see them, “But you’re saving the planet!” Then I laugh hysterically.

newolddude

Ford decreasing friend-150 Lightning production in Dearborn amid EV pullback​

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...50-lightning-production-dearborn/71884587007/