Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rod

Retired 23 years
1707774039278.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's the real way Tesla is making money, it's not from selling their cars.

Elon Musk's EV maker made almost $2 billion from the tax credits last year​

The Elon Musk-led manufacturer generated $1.79 billion in regulatory credit revenue last year, an annual filing showed last week. That brought the cumulative total Tesla has raked in since 2009 to almost $9 billion.

tourists24

i love not having to deal with rush hour

i love comfy public transit where i can entertain myself with technology or a book

i love not inhaling pollution from cars
You can have our buses. Well, the now trash town I grew up in

rickyb

theres no regulation for a standardized cost per unit for charging electric vehicles. another market failure

almost 2x a much at petro

1707856352853.png

Commercial Inside Release

Other than Hyundais and KIAs (and a few models of certain brands,) that can be stolen with the USB trick... Most of the thefts are strong arm sneak attack (at gas stations\stores,) and armed carjackings.

Just like the latest way to mug people is to force them to unlock their phone at gun point, and transfer money off of it with various cash apps.

Funny part is, quite often the punk doing the carjacking can't figure out how to drive the car they jacked. Paddle shifters, and cars with just a touch screen on the dash, for example.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • Consumers are now turning away from plug-in vehicles thanks to their heftier price-tags and worries about battery resilience
  • As a result, auto behemoths from Ford to Tesla in the US to Tata Motors in India have been slashing prices in a bid to boost slumping sales
  • The average electric car now sits unsold for more than 75 days - which is 25 percent longer than a regular gas equivalent, according to a JD Power survey

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
  • Consumers are now turning away from plug-in vehicles thanks to their heftier price-tags and worries about battery resilience
  • As a result, auto behemoths from Ford to Tesla in the US to Tata Motors in India have been slashing prices in a bid to boost slumping sales
  • The average electric car now sits unsold for more than 75 days - which is 25 percent longer than a regular gas equivalent, according to a JD Power survey
Shove them up their tail pipes.

vantexan

more and more people are
You never talk about the disadvantages of public transportation. If I did live in a big city, and I've driven in every major city in the U.S., except San Francisco, including at rush hour for many of them, I'd still pick driving a car over taking a bus or subway, which I've also done, as long as I could afford a car. I did without a car in Seattle and could take their bus system anywhere in the county. You just have to have patience and give yourself plenty of time. But I'd rather take a car there and even with heavy traffic go from point to point a lot faster. No waiting in the cold rain for the next bus. No walking blocks in the rain to get to your destination after getting off the bus. No trying to figure out which bus to take after sitting on a bus for 40 minutes and you're in a crowded terminal with a lot of buses coming and going. You can make it work, but it takes time, patience, and putting up with weather. And it's a fantasy to think we have the money to build trains everywhere or even have the kind of bus system Seattle has. The topography of some cities, like Seattle, wouldn't make trains feasible anyways.