ORION is your Friend lol.

ManInBrown

Ohhhh my god, I wanna jump on the :censored2: Saturdays train.

The past three Saturdays I've been put on a heavy retail route (1 pretty large shopping mall, dozens of strip malls and a few larger shopping complexes) and every time I'm on it I've got a scheduled pick-up every half hour from 13:00 to 17:30, with some time windows having up to 4 scheduled pick-ups despite being miles away from each other.

On top of that I get about 150-170 resi's and it's just ridiculous. On top of THAT, about 75% of the scheduled pick-ups have a phone number listed as "111-111-1111," and surprise! That's not really a phone number, so I have to physically show up just to find out that nope, they don't have anything for me.

Getting neighborhoods done in between all those pick-ups sucks, man.
Why would you need a phone number for a pickup? That’s not the methods to call a customer to see if they have anything. There was an old saying, you touch the book. You go to the pickup no matter what. They don’t have anything, they don’t have anything. Oh well. Stop succeeding at cleaning up their mistakes. If you have late pickups so be it. When you were hired by UPS did you tell them that you had the ability to be in two places at once? If you have missed stops so be it. Keep being a hero, and see where that gets you.

Dr.Brownz

The past three Saturdays I've been put on a heavy retail route (1 pretty large shopping mall, dozens of strip malls and a few larger shopping complexes) and every time I'm on it I've got a scheduled pick-up every half hour from 13:00 to 17:30, with some time windows having up to 4 scheduled pick-ups despite being miles away from each other.

On top of that I get about 150-170 resi's and it's just ridiculous. On top of THAT, about 75% of the scheduled pick-ups have a phone number listed as "111-111-1111," and surprise! That's not really a phone number, so I have to physically show up just to find out that nope, they don't have anything for me.

Don't call Pickups noob

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i've been averaging just 100 stops and maybe 150 pkgs on saturdays, been my favorite day of the week. yesterday though they put me back on a route in a small college town, 111 stops 255 pkgs. i noticed a stop at the univ warehouse they give me each week which is m-friend yet they still can't figure out how to delete it from saturdays dispatch. they had 13 packages yesterday, 11 of which were very small 45 pound boxes. center mgr told me not to go there, just sheet them up closed so i waited until the end of the day and of course when i started pulling them out to put the service cross there was a small misload behind for a city 15 miles away lol. oh there was also a 75 pound box NDA for a major int'l corporation that is also m-friend and even the security guard refused it. oh well free money for ups i guess.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

Don't call pickups. You get paid well to go by there. This is one reason some of you guys have so much work.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They will print the manifest in my building.
They will in mine also but the manifest is still in ODO order. I want to see it in RDO. They have the ability to do that with a few mouse clicks, they just dont want to. Also...I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if the idiots in Atlanta decide to prohibit paper lists and maps altogether once we go live with the “dynamic” feature of ORION 3.0.

ManInBrown

Don't call pickups. You get paid well to go by there. This is one reason some of you guys have so much work.
Yup. We had a heavy commercial route in our building that a driver vacated for another route. Heavy heavy industrial. Would go out with 105 stops and had 42 pickups. When he left drivers couldn’t figure out what the heck was up with this route. It was impossible to get all the business off, take meal between 3rd and 5th hour and do all the pickups. Turns out the clown who had the route was buddy buddy with every single stop. All the pickups would call him everyday to let him know if they had anything going out.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Yup. We had a heavy commercial route in our building that a driver vacated for another route. Heavy heavy industrial. Would go out with 105 stops and had 42 pickups. When he left drivers couldn’t figure out what the heck was up with this route. It was impossible to get all the business off, take meal between 3rd and 5th hour and do all the pickups. Turns out the clown who had the route was buddy buddy with every single stop. All the pickups would call him everyday to let him know if they had anything going out.
And that’s how you ruin a route.

Overpaid Union Thug

In my center the idiots that do crap like that are the same ones that want to come in and work preload before driving and sometimes work Saturday. If they would just do their routes properly they wouldn’t need to do that because they would be out later every day. I just don’t understand the mentality of some people.

PPH_over_9000

I'd respond to you all but you basically said the same thing-- I only started to do that after my supe told me to. I was trying to figure out how to handle a pick-up at like 15:45, and then three more several miles away at 16:00. I can't figure out any other way to handle situations like that and make the commit time.

I didn't even know some pick-ups had a phone number listed on the diad until the supervisor pointed it out and told me to make the calls. Started two Saturdays ago, I don't have many, if any, pick-ups throughout the week that aren't call tags or on-demand.

Est.1998

I'd respond to you all but you basically said the same thing-- I only started to do that after my supe told me to. I was trying to figure out how to handle a pick-up at like 15:45, and then three more several miles away at 16:00. I can't figure out any other way to handle situations like that and make the commit time.

I didn't even know some pick-ups had a phone number listed on the diad until the supervisor pointed it out and told me to make the calls. Started two Saturdays ago, I don't have many, if any, pick-ups throughout the week that aren't call tags or on-demand.
You should speak with the managers at your pickups about getting the smart pickup option. It works 90% of the time but it'll definitely help when they start coming out the board.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I cover a route where some of the customers try to get my number while I’m dropping off in the morning.

“We can call you if we have anything going out”

“That’s ok. I’ll see you at 3:30.”

Cloud

I really don't get how they messed up ORION so bad. Like how hard is it to draw a route to complete the air stops first and then everything else. It's almost like the higher ups have 0 idea what the drivers do.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I really don't get how they messed up ORION so bad. Like how hard is it to draw a route to complete the air stops first and then everything else. It's almost like the higher ups have 0 idea what the drivers do.
UPS... creating solutions that don't work for problems that didn't exist.
It's job security for management.