Orlando night club shooting

Overpaid Union Thug

In an indoor space like a night club... What's the difference in having a semi automatic "assault" AR15 and a handgun that can fire continuously?
There are many "assault rifles" that are far less effective for that purpose than pistols. And many that are effective but are still less than a pistol. But liberals can't get over how scary AR15s look. It blinds them to logic.

Johney

Pineapple King
Back to the topic at hand.

Would a metal detector, either fixed or hand held, coupled with a quick pat down, at the entrance have prevented this?
There was a Orlando police officer in uniform on duty outside, I believe he was the first to engage the suspect. Second you don't need a metal detector to pick up an AR-15 that's a fairly large weapon.

wayfair

swollen member
In an indoor space like a night club... What's the difference in having a semi automatic "assault" AR15 and a handgun that can fire continuously?

the ar15 is NOT an "assault" rifle.

The difference is the rifle cartridge has more power than a hand gun cartridge.

more power, more destruction

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
you can let me know. my bet is it was hours afterwards.

of course i dont hear too many americans talking about all the buildings israel blows up in occupied palestine. or even the buildings america blows up all around the world; in iraq for example. a little moral consistency would go a long ways...
And a little more of YOU worrying about Canada and letting us AMERICANS worry about America would go even further.