Orlando night club shooting

Oh Shoot

AR-15-style rifles are NOT "assault weapons" or "assault rifles." An assault rifle is fully automatic -- a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.

If someone calls an AR-15-style rifle an "assault weapon," he or she either supports banning these firearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both. Please correct them. "Assault weapon" is a political term created by California anti-gun legislators to ban some semi-automatic rifles there in the 1980s.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

AR-15-style rifles are NOT "assault weapons" or "assault rifles." An assault rifle is fully automatic -- a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.

If someone calls an AR-15-style rifle an "assault weapon," he or she either supports banning these firearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both. Please correct them. "Assault weapon" is a political term created by California anti-gun legislators to ban some semi-automatic rifles there in the 1980s.

Why would a civilian need to fire more than one bullet at a time?

My last M 16 was not full auto. Select fire with 3 round burst as was my M 4 that replaced it.

Johney

Pineapple King
I have my cell phone and a more than capable police department less than 5 minutes away.

For reasons not important to this conversation, I will NEVER touch, let alone own, a firearm.
Yes and during hurricane Andrew many years ago the first few days after in Homestead friends of mine went down to help and were told by police that if you go into some of the neighborhoods you are on your own,we aren't going in it's too dangerous. So I guess if you lived there you'd call 911 as they are looting and stealing whatever water and supplies you may have stocked up on? Suppose something of that nature happened in your area?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Marketing name (Armalite) plus it's been configured for semi-automatic.
Assault Rifles are fully automatic.
You were in the military ... I would think you would know that.
.30.06 (typical deer rifle) is a bigger round with twice the impact force.

I was in the Air Force. We used M-16's w/.22 caliber bullets. The selector button had semi and auto. We were told to use semi.

Ironically I was a very good shot, earning the Marksman Ribbon.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Come on @DriveInDriveOut I know you're still a baby, but you should really try using your big boy words. I know you know some.
image.png

Johney

Pineapple King
Marketing name (Armalite) plus it's been configured for semi-automatic.
Assault Rifles are fully automatic.
You were in the military ... I would think you would know that.
.30.06 (typical deer rifle) is a bigger round with twice the impact force.
He was in the Air Force.