Orlando night club shooting

tourists24

A sporting rifle, the AR15 is a semi automatic firearm, just like a pistol. One pull of the trigger, one round is fired.

Continuous firing firearm would be a automatic weapon. Those a very hard to find, very expensive, and purchasers must go through an indepth background check. All automatic firearms are registered with the ATF, they keep vlose tabs on them. They're also not allowed to be built for the general public any longer. Haven't been for quite some time now. Thirty years...
I chose poor wording with that I guess. My whole point was that many handguns act in a semi automatic manner in the same way... one trigger squeeze, one round fired. A fact ignored by anti gun folks. My fault there

Catatonic

Nine Lives
IMO--- yes.
IMO - Dave = Chester
But getting away from opinions:
An assault rifle is a fully automatic selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. Assault rifles were first used during World War II. Though Western nations were slow to accept the assault rifle concept after World War II, by the end of the 20th century they had become the standard weapon in most of the world's armies, replacing battle rifles and sub-machine guns. Examples include the StG 44, AK-47and the M16 rifle.