OSHA Heat Rule-making Progress Being Made

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nah RPCD, proud of my brothers n sisters.
Proud they worked part time for years, proud they made it thru their packet. Proud they put up with corporate BS everyday.
But most importantly proud that they all know they signed up for a physical and mentally demanding job. We work when it's 100, we work when it's 0 and we get feet of snow over a shift. You come equipped and bang it out and do it again the next day.
We don't cry to management that the snows too deep, or it's too hot. You wear 2 pairs of socks, warm up in businesses,or jump in the lake and cool down in businesses.
Sack up.
Yes sack up and hold the company to their lawful obligations

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Even if the company provided three gallons of ice water to every package car as you suggest, it’s still on the driver to drink that water and take care of himself. As others have said, the vast majority of the time if a driver falls out from heat it’s the fault of the driver.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Even if the company provided three gallons of ice water to every package car as you suggest, it’s still on the driver to drink that water and take care of himself. As others have said, the vast majority of the time if a driver falls out from heat it’s the fault of the driver.
I don’t suggest anything. What does the proposed rule state?
I don’t take a blame the worker view ever, the company does that enough.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Depends on who it's attached to.
1720311783885.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
You just seem tone deaf to what people are saying to you!
I don’t think so. I was a long time shop steward and I hear a lot of blame the worker talk and not much about corporate responsibility let alone anyone actually commenting on the OSHA Proposed Heat rule regarding supply an adequate supply of drinking water.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is what the Proposed OSHA Heat Rule States about drinking water:

2) Drinking water. The employer must provide access to potable water for
drinking that is:
(i) Placed in locations readily accessible to the employee;
(ii) Suitably cool; and
(iii) Of sufficient quantity to provide access to 1 quart of drinking water per
employee per hour.

Pullman Brown

I don’t think so. I was a long time shop steward and I hear a lot of blame the worker talk and not much about corporate responsibility let alone anyone actually commenting on the OSHA Proposed Heat rule regarding supply an adequate supply of drinking water.
I think the root of the issue is we already live in an administrative state/empire that likes to regulate everything and I would much rather roll back alphabet federal agencies like OSHA then give them more power!

Pullman Brown

This is what the Proposed OSHA Heat Rule States about drinking water:

2) Drinking water. The employer must provide access to potable water for
drinking that is:
(i) Placed in locations readily accessible to the employee;
(ii) Suitably cool; and
(iii) Of sufficient quantity to provide access to 1 quart of drinking water per
employee per hour.
Based on this logic why not have OSHA just force UPS to put AC in every package truck! These rules are going to have very minimal if any consequence to the brutal heat we deal with! It’s asinine to think otherwise!