OSHA Heat Rule-making Progress Being Made

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think the root of the issue is we already live in an administrative state/empire that likes to regulate everything and I would much rather roll back alphabet federal agencies like OSHA then give them more power!
Wouldn‘t that be an issue for the legislative process?

Until the laws are changed we are still bound by them, no?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Based on this logic why not have OSHA just force UPS to put AC in every package truck! These rules are going to have very minimal if any consequence to the brutal heat we deal with! It’s asinine to think otherwise!
I firmly believe they will be forced to provide this in the near future.

Does your opinion as to the effectiveness change UPS‘s obligation to adhere to the drinking water requirement?

Pullman Brown

I firmly believe they will be forced to provide this in the near future.

Does your opinion as to the effectiveness change UPS‘s obligation to adhere to the drinking water requirement?
I’ll answer your question when you answer mine. And by the way go back and read what I said. I answered your question you didn’t answer mine.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Of course.

Would you be in agreement?

Or do you want them to expand their power?
I have had positive results from a formal complaint to OSHA when I worked with UPS. They didn‘t want to get involved until I exhausted all internal means of resolving the issue, including the Union.

I respected that.

I think they have reasonable power to assist workers.

Pullman Brown

I have had positive results from a formal complaint to OSHA when I worked with UPS. They didn‘t want to get involved until I exhausted all internal means of resolving the issue, including the Union.

I respected that.

I think they have reasonable power to assist workers.
Good politician answer! Are you an elected official in the state somewhere?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Times have changed. I think we have become smarter in this area.
Smarter? You talk as if all UPS Teamsters are idiots, incapable of living without management. That's not smarter. Smarter is not depending on others for necessities like water.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Smarter? You talk as if all UPS Teamsters are idiots, incapable of living without management. That's not smarter. Smarter is not depending on others for necessities like water.
I have the utmost respect for the Teamsters, and unionism as a whole. I also believe in corporate responsibility.

The culture at UPS has proven to be irresponsible, corrupt, dishonest, unsafe, harassing to its employees, blame the worker responses to accidents and injuries. The management culture at UPS lacks integrity.

Depending or not depending on UPS does not change their obligations under the law.