Out w/Injury, Missed My Vacation:?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No. We get all that because we are Fedex employees.
We're indirectly employees as well... I agree with mass guy... it all depends on the route though... some are harder than others.

My current route is a cake rural area with no possible porch pirate thefts or no DR zones. It's just the amount of windshield time vs actual getting out of the truck to deliver

IMG_20180113_225405.jpg

Here's is a snapshot of my work week from my Garmin GPS

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We're indirectly employees as well... I agree with mass guy... it all depends on the route though... some are harder than others.

My current route is a cake rural area with no possible porch pirate thefts or no DR zones. It's just the amount of windshield time vs actual getting out of the truck to deliver

View attachment 176729

But you’re NOT employees of Fedex and that’s why you don’t get bennies.

It will be fine

View attachment 176729

94 mph!? That's a DQ if you get a ticket.

MassWineGuy

I read the policy closely. If you are being paid from another source, WC, disability etc, you do NOT have to use your personal and floaters. Since WC and disability doesn't pay you for the first 5 days, you do have to use your sick days. I only had 3 sick days when I went out. The first 3 days were paid as sick days, the next 2 were unpaid (though I did have the option of using my PD or floaters), then disability kicked in.

Please tell me where this policy is so I can read it.

Star B

White Lightening
I'm in a Anthem BCBS area, so my medical is quite good. We work less than ground physically but harder mentally. Time commits and everything.

Plus, yes, we get the bennies cuz we are the OG FedEx.

94 mph!? That's a DQ if you get a ticket.
He was in a bad gps area and for some reason when it clicked back on he was doing 100!! yes! that's it

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They are literally designed for people with a disability. That's why they exist in the first place. A disability doesn't need to be permanent for accommodations to be required by the employer.
And who wants the liability? Imagine the lawsuits if an accident occurred due to "accommodations".

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
And who wants the liability? Imagine the lawsuits if an accident occurred due to "accommodations".
Exactly. The Saul Goodmans of the world would be all over this sort of thing in a heartbeat. “Okay, so you’re admitting you knew your driver had a disability which would prevent him from the normal operation of a commercial motor vehicle?......I see.

Devices such as steering wheel knobs to accommodate people with physical limitations are generally fine for personal conveyances. It becomes an entirely different matter when it’s professional.

It will be fine

Exactly. The Saul Goodmans of the world would be all over this sort of thing in a heartbeat. “Okay, so you’re admitting you knew your driver had a disability which would prevent him from the normal operation of a commercial motor vehicle?......I see.

Devices such as steering wheel knobs to accommodate people with physical limitations are generally fine for personal conveyances. It becomes an entirely different matter when it’s professional.
You guys drive cargo vans under 10k. Basically large SUVs, these aren't tractors.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The specifics of this case don't make the policy any better. It's certainly debatable if one could safely drive with one hand, it's easy to put one of those spinner knobs on the wheel.

There is no substitute for having that other hand when it comes to controlling the vehicle. You will not pass Express driving school if you don't use both hands.

59 Dano

The 45 day policy is not set in stone. It CAN be extended at a managers discretion, up to 90 days, I believe. When I had my surgery, I was home for 45 days, returned on TRW the 46th day, returned to full duty on the 60th day.....on the same route. TRW does extend your 'time out', as long as your doctor allows it.

The 45 day policy is a supplement to the 90 day policy. It gives Express the OPTION to bid your position if you don't return in 45 days. When it was announced, half the board melted down because "ZOMG THEY GET RID OF YOU AFTER 45 DAYS" but that is the rare exception rather than the rule.

Depending on the circumstances, you can be brought in for light duty/TRW and also qualify for short-term disability.

MAKAVELI

The 45 day policy is a supplement to the 90 day policy. It gives Express the OPTION to bid your position if you don't return in 45 days. When it was announced, half the board melted down because "ZOMG THEY GET RID OF YOU AFTER 45 DAYS" but that is the rare exception rather than the rule.

Depending on the circumstances, you can be brought in for light duty/TRW and also qualify for short-term disability.
They may be able to bid your route after 45 days but not your position. That would be against FMLA laws. I was told if you come back before 90 they have to offer you another route with the same schedule.

59 Dano

You guys drive cargo vans under 10k. Basically large SUVs, these aren't tractors.

That's how you see it. The lawyer sees it as a large multinational conglomerate with billions in revenue that allowed a driver with a physical limitation operate a vehicle when the company knew (or should have known) that he wouldn't be able to do so as well as he would sans the limitation. The lawyer will also bring in as many experts of one type or another who will attest to such after subpoenaing company records that demonstrate that other drivers with similar limitations aren't generally allowed to drive.

59 Dano

They may be able to bid your route after 45 days but not your position. That would be against FMLA laws. I was told if you come back before 90 they have to offer you another route with the same schedule.

Yeah, they can bid out your route. You'd still be employed.