Out w/Injury, Missed My Vacation:?

Star B

White Lightening
Geezus, you guys are really trying to destroy the FedEx name. SMH. Can’t wait to retire. Lol
Oh, cmon, don't ya know that we're all going to be ground next year?? i mean i heard a guy who knew a guy who blew a guy in the bathroom wife's moms sister-in-law that signed up for an eXXXpress route.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
giphy.gif

@HEFFERNAN , finger foods!

!Retired!

Oh... I still don’t quite understand the excerpt from the manual. It’s very confusing. I had two floters and two personal days. And I still have my unused week of vacation.

Another thing: Fedex is dragging its herls to give the Sedgwick rep. my wage information. He used something so payments could start, but I know that I’m due a higher rate. To whom do I complain?
You'll don't have to use your vacation time for the 1st 5 days. You DO have to use your sick days.

WC pays you 60% of your hourly rate, not 100% (disability would be 70%). Multiply your hourly rate times 40 hours. That's your weekly wages. Calculate 60% of that. Divide that by 7 days in a week. That's what you will get for each you are out. WC and disability calculate on a 7 day calendar week, not a 5 day work week.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You'll don't have to use your vacation time for the 1st 5 days. You DO have to use your sick days.

WC pays you 60% of your hourly rate, not 100% (disability would be 70%). Multiply your hourly rate times 40 hours. That's your weekly wages. Calculate 60% of that. Divide that by 7 days in a week. That's what you will get for each you are out. WC and disability calculate on a 7 day calendar week, not a 5 day work week.
Not everyone has their full contingent of sick days left to cover their first week off. If you want/need a 5-day paycheck you will have to used PTO to cover the gap.

Maui

1-8 Leave of Absence (Medical)—Operations Hourly and Step Progression
Paid Leave An employee must take a paid leave for his own serious health condition if he is not receiving workers’ compensation or short term disability benefits and he is eligible for pay under 1-4 Medical Absence Pay Period—Exempt and Staff Hourly, 1-5 Medical Absence Pay Period, 1-7 Medical Absence Pay Period—Operations Hourly and Step Progression, or if he has available paid leave under 1-10 Personal Days, 1-15 Vacation for Nonexempt Employees, 1-16 Vacation for Exempt Employees, or 1-25 Holidays. However, an employee may elect to retain the equivalent of up to five days (i.e., 20 hours for part-time employees or 40 hours for full-time employees) of available vacation time for use during a non-FMLA protected period. If paid leave is not available, or the employee elects to retain permissible vacation time for use during a non-FMLA protected period, leave for an employee's serious health condition will be unpaid.

You DO have to use your vacation, floaters or personals during the first 5 days if you are out of sick time unless you you only have 1 week left.

SmithBarney

I've been curious how the 45-day rule works as well. We have one courier who's been out over 18 weeks on the calendar yet the route still has not been posted for bidding.

Also, how are the 45 days measured? Scheduled work days? Calendar days? I'm looking at possibly scheduling a surgery for myself at some point and need to factor this in.

It's all about who you know and who you.. ya know.. favoritism... we had 3 people out for over 45 last year(one is still gone at day like 200 or something crazy) route still not up for bid, same swing running it for months.

!Retired!

You DO have to use your vacation, floaters or personals during the first 5 days if you are out of sick time unless you you only have 1 week left.
I have a recorded phone call with the HCMP Professional that says otherwise.
It's all about who you know and who you.. ya know.. favoritism... we had 3 people out for over 45 last year(one is still gone at day like 200 or something crazy) route still not up for bid, same swing running it for months.
You can be out more than 45 days and still keep your route. This happened to 3 co-workers and myself. 200 days? That's another story. I would ask 'Is (courier name)'s route going up for bid?'

It will be fine

You can be out more than 45 days and still keep your route. This happened to 3 co-workers and myself. 200 days? That's another story. I would ask 'Is (courier name)'s route going up for bid?'
The number of days out of work before being eligible for Comp benefit pay will vary by state.

SmithBarney

Oh I know the 45 day thing is subjective, it's all who you know... as for the 200+ day person, we've been told to stop asking about the route and "don't worry about it" It's not a super special route, so I guess only a few people would actually want it anyway.

Maui

My HCMPs said otherwise as well as a clear reading of the quoted red text for policy 1-8 (and 1-45) absent a state law preventing it.

Are many routes going for bid after only 45?

Purplepackage

I also think it has to do with how well you do your job without creating problems for your manager. If they know you’re employee i.d. number by heart, there’s a problem.

I highly doubt they will put a part time route up for bid after 45 days. I mean seriously who’s going to take a pm pup route from you. Nobody wants to do that crap lol