Oz vs Vairma

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Read the statement.. it appears that the first one will be near the end of July.

Why are the sides so weird about the venue or who will be the moderators?

It would be great if they permitted time for the rank and file from different conferences to ask some direct questions to the candidates.
They give the rank and file lip service but in reality they want them as far away and uninvolved as possible

542thruNthru

Read the statement.. it appears that the first one will be near the end of July.

Why are the sides so weird about the venue or who will be the moderators?

It would be great if they permitted time for the rank and file from different conferences to ask some direct questions to the candidates.
Actually when you think about it we all know what the debate will sound like. Hoffa this TDU that. No real discussion about the problems or any solutions.

Big Rigger

Hang on snoopy....

Exactly.

And they were TDU supporters.

That might have been part of the conversation.

Sean seemed interested in building an "inclusive" collation that included political foe.

Big mis-calculation on his part.

Hoffa despises TDU.... even more than me.

-Bug-
I forgot about the political problem with the southern local and TDUs involvement. But what did it matter in the long run? Inclusion is either considered or figure on how to win the war without it. TDU wouldn't have much power if the IBT wouldn't give it to them imo.

The saying goes like this:
If you can't beat the army who declared war on you then it would be smart if you made peace with them well before you got nose to nose.

Big Rigger

Only one side would allow that.
Hey wait...maybe if two thirds of the audience were rank and file...nah, that wouldn't fly.

542thruNthru

Mind if I give a opinion?

Well I'm going to anyways because I've been drinking.:)

TDU loves to spin things. I used to read their stuff and think I was getting actual information. Now I know I'm getting a story that's twisted to make me hate my current leaders no matter what level they are. If they don't support TDU there will be a hit piece about them at some point.

Now I will say I use some of the things TDU puts out for members to protect ourselves but other than that they have a agenda.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Mind if I give a opinion?

Well I'm going to anyways because I've been drinking.:)

TDU loves to spin things. I used to read their stuff and think I was getting actual information. Now I know I'm getting a story that's twisted to make me hate my current leaders no matter what level they are. If they don't support TDU there will be a hit piece about them at some point.

Now I will say I use some of the things TDU puts out for members to protect ourselves but other than that they have a agenda.

It would be similar to the two party system in Washington, TDU would be the Dems, The Old guard the Reps...both will be looking out for the product first and foremost, protect the system in place, even if it means ignoring the wishes of the rank and file. Do not expect any real reforms from either, it is an illusion.. just pick the lesser to two evils and hope for some real leadership and much needed transparency with the negotiating committees.

It is hard to determine who is in the lead right now considering the lack of chatter on the Union sites. I expect a lot of anger over how the last Contract was handled and that the O’Brien ticket for the most part will win easily. The simple fact that him and his ticket were the ones who spoke out opposition prior to the forced ratification.

542thruNthru

It would be similar to the two party system in Washington, TDU would be the Dems, The Old guard the Reps...both will be looking out for the product first and foremost, protect the system in place, even if it means ignoring the wishes of the rank and file. Do not expect any real reforms from either, it is an illusion.. just pick the lesser to two evils and hope for some real leadership and much needed transparency with the negotiating committees.

It is hard to determine who is in the lead right now considering the lack of chatter on the Union sites. I expect a lot of anger over how the last Contract was handled and that the O’Brien ticket for the most part will win easily. The simple fact that him and his ticket were the ones who spoke out opposition prior to the forced ratification.
I'm going to disagree. I'm not in a state to completely defend my position at this time so I will defer till later.

I will say it's not as simple as Dem/Rep (not that, that's very simple either).

Jlandry

I received a call today from a member that knows Kristina Hicks. I guess she is running with the OZ team. The guy that called me said she is dumb as a box of rocks and will sleep with Anyone who will help her move up. Like I said I don’t know her yet the guy that called me does know her. He said trust you will see.