Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1698850367938.png

vantexan

actually we do

a 100% income tax rate was proposed during FDRs time. it wouldve been around 500,000

the top 10% own 90% of all stocks
So I went to an inflation calculator. In January 1936, the year FDR ran for re-election for his second term, $500,000 was the equivalent of $11,151,775.36 in September, 2023. So if FDR wanted to tax anything above a certain amount at 100% in today's dollars, he would consider it takes a lot more than $500k to be considered so rich they can take everything above a certain amount.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I could see where a nut job like ricky should be required to have a license. Care to guess why he no longer has it?
No need for guns. Simply call a trained therapist to handle the situation.

Same for Israel. No need to take action
Simply let the UN lecture Hamas in how it's bad to sneak attack, rape, kidnap, and murder innocent Israelis.

rickyb

So I went to an inflation calculator. In January 1936, the year FDR ran for re-election for his second term, $500,000 was the equivalent of $11,151,775.36 in September, 2023. So if FDR wanted to tax anything above a certain amount at 100% in today's dollars, he would consider it takes a lot more than $500k to be considered so rich they can take everything above a certain amount.
Its 500000 give or take a few hundred in todays dollars
Ill see if theres an article about it

rickyb

If it was $500,000 in 1930's Dollars when FDR was president then there's no way it could be the same today. The Dollar back then was a lot more valuable than today.
Its less than 500,000 in todays dollars. its under history here.

French prez candidate recently proposed 350,000 euro max income.

Usa almost had a left wing revolution in fdrs day.