Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Did they not overwhelmingly vote in Hamas to govern them???

Actions have consequences, for the innocent and guilty alike.
Spoken like someone with their family in a safe country out of harm's way.

I'm not saying Israel should stop. I wouldn't.
But I do feel for the innocent's who are being hurt or killed by that war.

There absolutely are innocent people who don't deserve what is happening.

rickyb

Israel’s government wouldn’t have gone to war if they hadn’t been sucker punched on October 7th by Hamas.
israel had the open air prison going since right after hamas was elected decades ago. israel has also repeatedly bombed gaza since then in its different "operations" through out the years.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
oct 7 was a major event. but theyve been targeting civilians for a long time now. norm finkelstein calls the 2 million people trapped in gaza since mid 2000s "hostages"
Why does Israel have to have an open border?

They don’t owe another country that.

rickyb

Why does Israel have to have an open border?

They don’t owe another country that.
israel which controls the border to gaza stops everyone and everything from getting in. they used to impose a just above a starvation diet. they have no right trap people (which arent even in their country) and collectively punish them. its a war crime i believe.

i agree israel can stop people from coming into israel, but do not trap people in gaza in what david cameron former PM of UK calls an "open air prison"

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
israel which controls the border to gaza stops everyone and everything from getting in. they used to impose a just above a starvation diet. they have no right trap people (which arent even in their country) and collectively punish them. its a war crime i believe.

i agree israel can stop people from coming into israel, but do not trap people in gaza in what david cameron former PM of UK calls an "open air prison"
Then why do you not have a problem with Egypt for their border?

Israel doesn’t have to allow others the use of their border.

Thebrownblob

And it looks like those hamas fighters had no problem getting in or out.

rickyb

And it looks like those hamas fighters had no problem getting in or out.
most of those hamas fighters have likely never gotten out until that day

rickyb

in addition israel controls the air and sea. i agree israel doesnt have to let people into israel, but do not trap 2 million people in gaza. let them fly away, let them egypt decide if they can travel that way, let them take a boat out of there. do not restrict chocolate for example and other supplies from going in. i think israel even controls the egyptian border on gaza as well.

rickyb

concentration camps in germany are wrong, japanese internment camps in america are wrong, and the open air prison that is gaza is wrong

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
in addition israel controls the air and sea. i agree israel doesnt have to let people into israel, but do not trap 2 million people in gaza. let them fly away, let them egypt decide if they can travel that way, let them take a boat out of there. do not restrict chocolate for example and other supplies from going in. i think israel even controls the egyptian border on gaza as well.
Israel is controlling Egypt’s border with Gaza?

This is false.
Why is this an Israel problem instead of an Egypt problem?

rickyb

So why are you protesting Israel?

If Egypt opened their border, the people could all leave. Or get supplies in. Or whatever.
well im against egypt not opening their border and i havent heard why. it could be because egypt is allied the US like israel. im interested in hearing more about that.

israel also controls the air and sea surrounding gaza. and israel is the one killing civilians in gaza, not egypt, as far as ive heard.