Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

rickyb

Your pretending over and over again that people in the Israeli government said kill them all isn’t quoting them.
i just posted an article which you refused to read because you are dishonest. the journalist questioned the president after he said that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
With all due respect while Christians are to love others, we're also told by Jesus in Matthew 10:16 that we're like sheep sent out among wolves, and to be wise as serpents while also being harmless as doves. Christians aren't supposed to be looking to harm others but we must be cognizant that others won't act the same way. An example of this is people believing that criminals are just misunderstood. That a lot of the problem isn't the criminals themselves but the harsh treatment they receive at the hands of law enforcement. If we take away law enforcement the criminals will act a lot better. So we had this wave in the last few years of reducing funding to police and second guessing everything they do. Refusing to charge by some district attorneys and immediately turning suspects back out on the street without bail. The result? Literally everywhere this has been tried crime has exploded. A lot of citizens have been harmed because criminals know they won't be held accountable.

My point is while we have a responsibility to be kind and loving if the people on the other side perceive that as a weakness then they'll exploit that to their advantage. In this case the Palestinians are burning with hatred for Jews. For decades their leadership has taken in many billions in assistance from international relief agencies and rather than spending that to improve their people's lives they have built an impressive network of tunnels under Gaza that at one point extended into Israel for the express purpose of killing Jews. And bought weapons. They say in their charter that they want to not only destroy Israel but also to kill all Jews worldwide. If you showed up there with the express purpose of ending the conflict by demonstrating your love for humanity they'd still kill you. Remember Jesus spent three years demonstrating great love in his teachings and he performed numerous miracles. They still killed him. Sometimes people are so evil that your only choice is to stand up to them rather than let them harm your loved ones or to hold them accountable for the harm they've already caused.
Many seem to believe as you believe. I once did as well.

I know it is of spiritual dimension but I have come to believe and am more a proponent of the teachings of radical forgiveness, compassion, mercy, love, and self sacrifice.
The Bible is clear that these are the teachings of Jesus.

I reject teachings of retribution and of paying back evil with evil as the Bible teaches Jesus does as well.

vantexan

by late 1800s, western countries were looking to colonize palestine
Looking? Did they? Why is it you are distressed by Western countries colonizing but don't have a problem with the Ottomans conquering the Middle East and Southeastern Europe? Are you one of those self loathing white men?

rickyb

Looking? Did they? Why is it you are distressed by Western countries colonizing but don't have a problem with the Ottomans conquering the Middle East and Southeastern Europe? Are you one of those self loathing white men?
did i say i didnt have a problem with ottoman empire? are you lying again? jesus is watching you!

yes the west did colonize it

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

I know it is of spiritual dimension but I have come to believe and am more a proponent of the teachings of radical forgiveness, compassion, mercy, love, and self sacrifice.

I reject teachings of retribution and of paying back evil with evil as the Bible teaches Jesus does as well.
Well isn’t that special.

vantexan

Not talking about paying back evil with evil. Talking about stopping evil. Do you think it's acceptable to stand idly by while Nazis kill Jews? Overrun the entire world?

Christians rebuilt Germany and Japan after stopping them from continuing to kill millions.