Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

Cool, and when he started part timers probably made the same as full timers
I started before him and we didn't make the same.

If the company was going to pay part time for the same as full-timers they would just eliminate them as much as they could.
It'll be cheaper to pass overtime that would pay for your benefits on top of the same pay rate as I'm getting

HarryWarden

I started before him and we didn't make the same.

If the company was going to pay part time for the same as full-timers they would just eliminate them as much as they could.
It'll be cheaper to pass overtime that would pay for your benefits on top of the same pay rate as I'm getting
So we would get more full time positions, I thought that’s what you guys want.

JL 0513

It amazes me that almost all of the anger and disappointment over this TA is coming from the part timers who are getting the best contract ever. So many saying they're voting no. It really does seem like most of these people do PT UPS only and are looking to survive solely on that. When I was part time and didn't just work elsewhere PT I worked a full time job before coming in for the local sort like many people did. When I became a driver and only worked 45-50 hours a week it felt great with the cut in hours! 😋

It amazes me that almost all of the anger and disappointment over this TA is coming from the part timers who are getting the best contract ever. So many saying they're voting no. It really does seem like most of these people do PT UPS only and are looking to survive solely on that. When I was part time and didn't just work elsewhere PT I worked a full time job before coming in for the local sort like many people did. When I became a driver and only worked 45-50 hours a week it felt great with the cut in hours! 😋
Lot of us did that.
I never expected to work 20 hours a week and be able to support myself

nWo

I think part timers deserve good pay and benefits. And I think this contract secured that. It could be better but we got a pretty good deal

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Lol you guys are so greedy and dumb you don’t realize taking away part timer healthcare will make yours worse
1690505490350.gif

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice
What it basically boils down to is way back when UPS changed PT wages to pay less than FT, PT worker going forward got the shaft, at least regarding pay. One of the big reasons today that drivers make so much came at the expense of the PT workers, which make up more of the work force at UPS. When I see some drivers on this board ripping on PT'ers for wanting more pay, I always wonder if they realize they get paid so much because the company has enjoyed paying the part-timers FAR less for decades. I think the starting PT wage was $8-$8.50 for 25+ years. The only reason PT wages have increased on the current contract about to expire and this upcoming one is due to minimum wages increasing all over the country and other companies paying as much or more than UPS pays to start. UPS has struggled for years to keep PT staffed, so increasing starting pay had to happen. If you remember correctly, SOB campaigned HARD on increasing PT starting pay and compensating those long time PT'ers who have got the shaft for many years, especially this contract about to expire. I don't think he really delivered as promised. Feel free to disagree, but I think any driver who will be making $49 at the end of this contract wants to belittle or attack a PT'er who is making less than half of what you make can suck a big one. 😗