Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What it basically boils down to is way back when UPS changed PT wages to pay less than FT, PT worker going forward got the shaft, at least regarding pay. One of the big reasons today that drivers make so much came at the expense of the PT workers, which make up more of the work force at UPS. When I see some drivers on this board ripping on PT'ers for wanting more pay, I always wonder if they realize they get paid so much because the company has enjoyed paying the part-timers FAR less for decades. I think the starting PT wage was $8-$8.50 for 25+ years. The only reason PT wages have increased on the current contract about to expire and this upcoming one is due to minimum wages increasing all over the country and other companies paying as much or more than UPS pays to start. UPS has struggled for years to keep PT staffed, so increasing starting pay had to happen. If you remember correctly, SOB campaigned HARD on increasing PT starting pay and compensating those long time PT'ers who have got the shaft for many years, especially this contract about to expire. I don't think he really delivered as promised. Feel free to disagree, but I think any driver who will be making $49 at the end of this contract wants to belittle or attack a PT'er who is making less than half of what you make can suck a big one. 😗
Man, I’m glad I didn’t read that BS

nWo

The starting rate is going up to $21 and all part timers are getting a $7.50-$9.00 raise. I think the negotiating committee did a good job addressing pt wages.

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice

Attachments

• neo.gif
    neo.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 43